Update: Starting a COLMADO Cienfuegos, Santiago

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Here are the pics I promised. Unfortunately I did not take one from farther back. Will update later with a photo of the entire colmado.

Leo has weighed and packaged small amounts of spices and other food items. Not many colmados do this, he mentioned. I want to ship him a bag laminator from the states. (Or, is there a place to but a bag laminator here for around $100??) He is now using a candle to seal bags, believe it or not.

IMG_6688.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

Looks good Tom!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
are you the nordic looking gringo? yummy! :)

more to the point: forget the sealing machine. i second mat on the loss of money on too much packaging. big bags/barrels are way better. he could sell loose stuff by a measure (say, one cup) and pour/put the measure into whatever container provided. i often see milk sold like that, by a big ladle, it is then poured into bottles, glasses, boxes and whatnot.
but if you insists a normal iron will do the trick too. heat it up really well, put an old t-shirt over the plastic bag and seal with the heat from the iron. why buy when you can invent.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i mean, look at this fine example of a male. i always found it strange that women came to DR in search of nice meat. here's a nice juicy piece right there, and he might have lived just around the corner from you in montreal/boston/glasgow/essen.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
i mean, look at this fine example of a male. i always found it strange that women came to DR in search of nice meat. here's a nice juicy piece right there, and he might have lived just around the corner from you in montreal/boston/glasgow/essen.

He is already spoken for dv8 :)...or how do you say that in English...

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR

LM$O......does dv stand for devious.....lol
Love your wording...classic and VERY funny...:bunny::bunny::bunny:

B in Santiago