Updates on the equipping of the Police: biometric identification and road checks

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Jesus-Vasquez-Luis-Abinader-Diaz-Morfa-El-Dia-1024x615.png

The Dominican government is resorting to biometric identification for undocumented persons living in the country. The government is working on the installation of an advanced biometric system to be able to identify foreigners in the Dominican Republic. President Abinader made the announcement during a visit to the C5i center at the Ministry of Defense. The C5i is the Center of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cybersecurity and Intelligence of the Armed Forces.

President Luis Abinader attended a presentation of the citizen security advances at the C5i, regarding the use of mixed patrols, seizures of weapons, substances and illicit money, and persons arrested for criminal acts.

After the presentation, the President remarked that Jose Vila, Police Reform Commissioner, has assured him the central command and control system is one of the most...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They of course only mean Haitians when the word foreigner is used.

This could never be used on gringos from tourist card countries to see if they are illegal.

Wow, from if you a legally in the country (only if Haitian) and it will be possible to check the numbering of firearms in the streets, as well as the IMEI of cell phones and the chassis and license plates of vehicles. Big brother is truly watching, eh? Just not illegal gringos, for sure. That will never happen.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
They of course only mean Haitians when the word foreigner is used.

This could never be used on gringos from tourist card countries to see if they are illegal.

Wow, from if you a legally in the country (only if Haitian) and it will be possible to check the numbering of firearms in the streets, as well as the IMEI of cell phones and the chassis and license plates of vehicles. Big brother is truly watching, eh? Just not illegal gringos, for sure. That will never happen.
Your day of reckoning has finally arrived. I can envision all of the buses full of undocumented gringos headed to the airport for deportation.
Sounds like T.H.A.L.E.S. integration has arrived. Them boys are state of the art fo sho.

In practice this will be additional tool abused for the purpose of extorting money out of those who are willing to play the game.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Your day of reckoning has finally arrived. I can envision all of the buses full of undocumented gringos headed to the airport for deportation.
Sounds like T.H.A.L.E.S. integration has arrived. Them boys are state of the art fo sho.

In practice this will be additional tool abused for the purpose of extorting money out of those who are willing to play the game.
It was bound to happen sooner or later, no? :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
No state of the art system is going to help much when coupled with a lack of control over the border.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It was bound to happen sooner or later, no? :devilish:
Agreed buy it appears this wonderful new tool has one small problem. It requires internet inorder to function as was demonstrated at the presentation when their signal dropped/ cut-off.

Only in the DR, lol

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Just like new inventory arriving, must be scanned in the first place in order to pop up on the register at check out. What is comforting is the statement that "now they will be able to identify corpses by their fingerprints...".

I have no idea what the database's application will do for immigration control. What do we do in US when AFIS identifies and illegal alien? If you answered nada, you are correct. The only way you make the database is to have been booked prior.

This technology is a component of a multi system infrastructure and is only a small piece of the overall architecture. That said, if you have as many rogue cops out there as the DR has, all the tech in the world won't help.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend was banned from the USA for overstaying his visa

That meant no connecting flights thru the US

When the US acts.... it acts;... no pansies allowed

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
  • Love
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo