Upscale Restaurant in SD

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Can anyone recommended any upscale restaurant that I can book for a dinner with my wife? I'm looking one for example, El Meson de la Cavon.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Can anyone recommended any upscale restaurant that I can book for a dinner with my wife? I'm looking one for example, El Meson de la Cavon.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Are you looking an upscale restaurant to look rich and fancy or upscale in terms of quality?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The recent thread about a steakhouse...

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
The recent thread about a steakhouse...

I checked that website, looks promising and it's what I like, fancy.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
La Briciola is romantic though, I'd recommend that for a wedding anniversary and think it's probably a better bet than Naca'n. The tables are set far apart and they have live music, but a tinkly piano type of live music compared to a loud band at Naca'n. Obviously check carefully what is going on in any of these places due to the pandemic as things change rapidly.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
La Briciola is romantic though, I'd recommend that for a wedding anniversary and think it's probably a better bet than Naca'n. The tables are set far apart and they have live music, but a tinkly piano type of live music compared to a loud band at Naca'n. Obviously check carefully what is going on in any of these places due to the pandemic as things change rapidly.
I echo this suggestion. Been going there for15 years. Haven't been there since Corvid but before then doorman always there to meet and great. Helping out of car or taxi. Cocktails at the bar...to the right as you walk in and then dinner "under the stars". Real stars not like the ones they make in China. lol

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
el meson de la cava....is far superior to la bricola........i have eaten at briciola many times ......as much as it is nice ...regularly there are hardly any other diners

Reactions: JD Jones

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
el meson de la cava....is far superior to la bricola........i have eaten at briciola many times ......as much as it is nice ...regularly there are hardly any other diners
But that's surely what makes it so special. a bit of peace and quiet is something so rare in DR. Nobody shouting down their phone or on a video call or taking selfies. No crazy loud music. Heaven.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Ah, try KFC you'll be happy irishpaddy.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
While I do like Meson de Cava not sure it is what the OP is looking for. But it is a nice/different type of ambiance. I agree La Bricola is a good suggestion. La Cassina is also good.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Foto

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Nice and relaxed. Don’t pay attention to the elbows on the table by the two ladies.

Yes but not romantic like Briciola. It's a special wedding anniversary, the guy needs romance. I would also suggest that if you book Briciola you go and have a look around before the day and request a special table, there are some which are set apart. The last thing you want on an anniversary dinner is a loud group right next to you.

Reactions: Abuela