US Admits to funding gain of function chimera coronavirus research at Wuhan Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

!’

It’s another Fauci flub.

The National Institutes of Health has stunningly admitted to funding gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses at China’s Wuhan lab — despite Dr. Anthony Fauci repeatedly insisting to Congress that no such thing happened.

In a letter to Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.) on Wednesday, a top NIH official blamed EcoHealth Alliance — the New York City-based nonprofit that has funneled US funds to the Wuhan lab — for not being transparent about the work it was doing.

NIH’s principal deputy director, Lawrence A. Tabak, wrote in the letter that EcoHealth’s “limited experiment” tested whether “spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.”

Workers next to a cage with mice (R) inside the P4 laboratory in Wuhan, the capital of China's Hubei province. NIH’s principal deputy director Lawrence A. Tabak blamed a New York City-based nonprofit for not being transparent about the work it was doing in China.AFP via Getty Images
The lab mice infected with the modified virus “became sicker” than those that were given the unmodified virus, according to Tabak.

“As sometimes occurs in science, this was an unexpected result of the research, as opposed to something that the researchers set out to do,” Tabak said.

Gain-of-function research refers to viruses being taken from animals before they are genetically altered in a lab to make them more transmissible to humans.

The admission from the NIH official directly contradicts Fauci’s testimony to Congress in May and July, when he denied the US had funded gain-of-function projects in Wuhan.

Reactions: cavok

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Reactions: chico bill

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm letting this stay unless you guys keep touching on politics. Think before posting.

Reactions: MariaRubia

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
For those who either live or spend a lot of time in the D.R.....Does the average Dominican know who Dr. Fauci is? I'll define average as native born, Spanish speaking, high school or less, and never travelled outside of the country. I only ask this because of an interesting conversation I had with someone on a recent trip.
Thanks in advance for participating in my decidedly non-scientific survey.

Reactions: Gadfly

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I checked into this at the beginning, the person (sorry, deleted from notes) was detained upon arrivale at Boston's Logan airport for questioning. Nov. 2019. He worked, I believe in micro biology. I'll dig into it again.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Finally the lies of Dr. Fauci and the NIH come to the light of day and are exposed.

There is now no doubt the US funded gain of function chimera coronavirus research at Wuhan Labs.

Anyone still think it was a coincidence that the virus first appeared in Wuhan, China?
NY post is unfit to wrap fish.
These stories hinge on what is meant by the term "gain of function".
Working to change a deadly virus into a more lethal form has never been done or supported by the US.
Increasing lethality of a virus is more in the nature of N. Korea, Russia and totalitarian dictatorships.

The NIH has not set foot in the Wuhan Lab.
Not a shred of evidence the Corona virus that has spread around the world was ever present in the Wuhan Lab to be worked on.
There are no coincidences, the virus appeared, you add in the coincidences due to your personal bias.
There is no definitive evidence as to the origination of the virus and these stories are just that, stories without a factual basis.
Its guesswork in quicksand and folks make accusations based on their political views since that is all they have.

The entire world is interested in the viral source but no one has anything more than opinions, ideas, guesswork and accusations which are not helpful.
Quotes that begin with calling other people liars does not instill confidence that what follows is worthwhile.
You have some factual information about the virus origination, lets hear it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Working to change a deadly virus into a more lethal form has never been done or supported by the US.
Increasing lethality of a virus is more in the nature of N. Korea, Russia and totalitarian dictatorships.
Or, China - which is where this was done.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Not a shred of evidence the Corona virus that has spread around the world was ever present in the Wuhan Lab to be worked on.
There are no coincidences, the virus appeared, you add in the coincidences due to your personal bias.
There is no definitive evidence as to the origination of the virus and these stories are just that, stories without a factual basis.
Its guesswork in quicksand and folks make accusations based on their political views since that is all they have.

The entire world is interested in the viral source but no one has anything more than opinions, ideas, guesswork and accusations which are not helpful.
Quotes that begin with calling other people liars does not instill confidence that what follows is worthwhile.
Then I will just go with the virus currently known as CV19 came from a lab in Wuhan.

Reactions: bob saunders

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Agreed.
I'm with you all the way.
I won't believe it either until I hear it directly from the CCP.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

There were 47 CDC employees in Wuhan in which was cut to 10 in 2017, by the prior administration.
Some of them were Chinese researchers, who most definitely were in the Wuhan Lab.
So technically you made be right that "The NIH did not set foot in the Wuhan Lab", you are dragging a red hearing trying to deny the obvious.Why they are separate agencies they share budget funding.

And to say there is "no evidence" that the virus was ever in the Wuhan facility is ludicrous and sounds like PRC talking points.
There were two Chinese virologists defectors who worked studying Sar-2 in China which confirmed it. Taiwan and later Australia presented evidence of a lab leak.
Li-Meng Yan was one of those researchers who the Chinese tried to silence, and turned her husband against her to spy on her.
The other was Wie Jingsheng. He was warning the West long before the corona virus outbreaks.

The question is Why are you covering for the Chinese ? Toni Fauci is a liar and should not be trusted for virus or vaccine information.

Maybe you should read Australian investigator Sheri Markson's book "What Really Happened in Wuhan"
Search her out on YouTube, which doesn't want the link to show

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
All these wonderful, credible sources, all this direct knowledge. I am glad I am on DR1 where the experts are or I would not know any of this.
You are very fortunate indeed.

It doesn't take much thinking to realize that there is no coincidence of a coronavirus showing up in an area where there is a coronavirus research lab.

For the previous comment made about US personnel being at Wuhan Labs, it was about money funding a research project, not about personnel from the US being there, so US personnel did not "set foot" in the lab to do that research, nor were they allowed in to check up on the actual lad leak that happened there to start this entire pandemic now endemic.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
You are very fortunate indeed.

It doesn't take much thinking to realize that there is no coincidence of a coronavirus showing up in an area where there is a coronavirus research lab.

For the previous comment made about US personnel being at Wuhan Labs, it was about money funding a research project, not about personnel from the US being there, so US personnel did not "set foot" in the lab to do that research, nor were they allowed in to check up on the actual lad leak that happened there to start this entire pandemic now endemic.
Like I said, impeccable sources and direct knowledge is a DR1 thing.

Reactions: OldSkool

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
It’s not all proven where it originated from. It’s up to dr1 of course what they are willing to be a part off regarding information.

Reactions: OldSkool
Status
Not open for further replies.