US Admits to funding gain of function chimera coronavirus research at Wuhan Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
this is wrong. look it up
Lot of talk and opinions but no evidence.
No one knows where the virus originated, not even our regular extremist posters here.
The virus has been found in bats.
Coincidences or no mean nothing. Its science, not politics.
Anecdotes are the same, stories not science.

"Gain of function" is interesting.
Generally it means to take a virus that already makes people gravely ill and modify its structure in such a way as to substantially increase its lethality in humans.

It make no sense to claim that the US funded research into increasing the lethality of CV and did the work in a Chinese lab.
No first world democratic country would ever want to be caught modifying a virus to more effectively kill people and then do it in the lab of an adversary.
The US studies pathogens to understand how they kill and how to treat exposure.
The US is the most powerful military force on the planet and has no need to develop biologics to make them more deadly.

The US operates 13 BSL 4 (bio safety level) labs of its own.
These labs work with the most hazardous substances in the world , Ebola, Smallpox and the like and do so in the safest fashion possible.
If the US wanted to conduct experiments on gain of function for Coronavirus it would do so in its own labs.

If the US ever got caught modifying a virus to be more effective in killing people the uproar would be unimaginable and rightly so.
This idea that gain of function was being worked is was generated by the same sources that think the US medical community is dishonest and liars.
The BSL4 labs the US operates work with deadly pathogens to understand and determine how to handle and treat illness they cause.

All the first world countries have been searching for the origins of CV but without success.
That is a fact.
You have some "evidence" the world would like to see it.
Until that time no one knows and maybe we may never know.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
There were 47 CDC employees in Wuhan in which was cut to 10 in 2017, by the prior administration.
Some of them were Chinese researchers, who most definitely were in the Wuhan Lab.
So technically you made be right that "The NIH did not set foot in the Wuhan Lab", you are dragging a red hearing trying to deny the obvious.Why they are separate agencies they share budget funding.

And to say there is "no evidence" that the virus was ever in the Wuhan facility is ludicrous and sounds like PRC talking points.
There were two Chinese virologists defectors who worked studying Sar-2 in China which confirmed it. Taiwan and later Australia presented evidence of a lab leak.
Li-Meng Yan was one of those researchers who the Chinese tried to silence, and turned her husband against her to spy on her.
The other was Wie Jingsheng. He was warning the West long before the corona virus outbreaks.

The question is Why are you covering for the Chinese ? Toni Fauci is a liar and should not be trusted for virus or vaccine information.

Maybe you should read Australian investigator Sheri Markson's book "What Really Happened in Wuhan"
Search her out on YouTube, which doesn't want the link to show

Hmmm, "Reversenews.com your go to source for the real truth the government does not want us to know?
Wives turning against their husbands and spying, Australian investigators, secret defectors, missing scientists and "what really happened"?
Chinese silencing people? Utube does not want links to show? Exciting stuff.

Instead of wasting time with speculation and outright fantasy name a respected epidemiologist that agrees with the Wuhan lab theory.
Truth is we do not know. Does not mean China is innocent, we just do not know.

Come to think of it that is the problem. You cannot imagine you do not know

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Hmmm, "Reversenews.com your go to source for the real truth the government does not want us to know?
Wives turning against their husbands and spying, Australian investigators, secret defectors, missing scientists and "what really happened"?
Chinese silencing people? Utube does not want links to show? Exciting stuff.

Instead of wasting time with speculation and outright fantasy name a respected epidemiologist that agrees with the Wuhan lab theory.
Truth is we do not know. Does not mean China is innocent, we just do not know.

Come to think of it that is the problem. You cannot imagine you do not know
You seem to have the annoying habit of attempting to discredit any sources that don't fit your narrative.
You have ostrich syndrome

• Sad
Reactions: OldSkool

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I think it was Cristorey who suggested China bulit those hospitals as a way of exaggerating it and creating a panic. It was actually how I found out about it seeing that on youtube. I still went on a trip to Miami but then it all went quick and following the news from Europe I heard about Italy and Denmark closing down and then it was announced the DR would and I rushed back. But I had that same impression as Cristorey that the Chinese intentionally created a panic although I don’t know why.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Lot of talk and opinions but no evidence.
No one knows where the virus originated, not even our regular extremist posters here.
The virus has been found in bats.
Coronaviruses have been found in bats, but not the CV19 strain.
"Gain of function" is interesting.
Generally it means to take a virus that already makes people gravely ill and modify its structure in such a way as to substantially increase its lethality in humans.
Gain of function research is done not only to make a virus more lethal, but also/or more transmissible. The NIH lifted the moratorium on gain of function research in 2017. Other countries, as well as China, are doing gain of function research.
All the first world countries have been searching for the origins of CV but without success.
That is a fact.
I agree.

Reactions: chico bill

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Still curious...Is this a topic of discussion among Dominicans or the Dominican media?

The claim that the virus originated in the Wuhan lab was conclusively ruled a conspiracy theory by the scientists at the NY Times and WaPo editorial boards. For some reason that view started to change on January 20, 2021. What, if anything, do Dominicans think about this? Do they care?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Still curious...Is this a topic of discussion among Dominicans or the Dominican media?

The claim that the virus originated in the Wuhan lab was conclusively ruled a conspiracy theory by the scientists at the NY Times and WaPo editorial boards. For some reason that view started to change on January 20, 2021. What, if anything, do Dominicans think about this? Do they care?
It’s not my impression they care much but I may be wrong.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Finally the lies of Dr. Fauci and the NIH come to the light of day and are exposed.

There is now no doubt the US funded gain of function chimera coronavirus research at Wuhan Labs.

Anyone still think it was a coincidence that the virus first appeared in Wuhan, China?

Hilarious. And to think that anyone who said this last year, was called a conspiracy theorist.

So I'm guessing the difference between "conspiracy theories" and facts is just a one-year gap?

• Sad

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The adaptability of Covid to specifically infect humans may not have been intentionally engineered by China but there is little doubt it did not evolve to be so infectious in nature.
The following article is lengthy but interesting and explains probable origins and the evolution of the virus from samples collected in Chinese bat caves after miners fell ill and some died in 2012 and the experimenting with this bat guana in the WIV.
No doubt this virus evolved in the Wuhan lab, whether by gain of function development or by unintended combinations.

• Sad
Reactions: OldSkool and cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hilarious. And to think that anyone who said this last year, was called a conspiracy theorist.

So I'm guessing the difference between "conspiracy theories" and facts is just a one-year gap?
Precisely. Suggesting the virus leaked from a the Wuhan Lab used to be deleted from Social Media.
Even Social Media now recognizes its error in doing so.

Some think gain of function research is not done. The same ones who cannot see the connection between a virus lab and the virus showing up in the same area as not being coincidental.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Precisely. Suggesting the virus leaked from a the Wuhan Lab used to be deleted from Social Media.
Even Social Media now recognizes its error in doing so.

Some think gain of function research is not done. The same ones who cannot see the connection between a virus lab and the virus showing up in the same area as not being coincidental.

True, and I'm not sure why.

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
If you're so sure you're right, you prove it. Post a link saying that CV19 was found in bats. I can't find any.
One's inability to make their case is not the fault or responsibility of others. If you have a point to make then you make and prove it and quit trying to pawn off your responsibility on others FFS LOL

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
One's inability to make their case is not the fault or responsibility of others. If you have a point to make then you make and prove it and quit trying to pawn off your responsibility on others FFS LOL
Find the animal then that is a carrier of CV-19 please. That is the only way you can prove it started in a wet market. Otherwise you are just relying on the same media sources who swore there existed tapes of golden showers in Russia - which so many dupes believed too.
You have to quit swallowing the media's political lies meant to fence off criticism of their agenda, and indeed they have an agenda

As the WHO said (the band we all know, not the lying health agency) "We won't be fooled again"

• Sad

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think you should address that to Zoomer who claimed the virus came from bats. There is zero proof to back up that claim. This has been discussed several times and myself and others have already posted articles saying that the origin of the virus is still unknown. There are literally dozens of articles to be found stating this well known fact. Even the Biden administration finds the lab ;leak theory as plausible as it occurring in nature:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think you should address that to Zoomer who claimed the virus came from bats. There is zero proof to back up that claim. This has been discussed several times and myself and others have already posted articles saying that the origin of the virus is still unknown. There are literally dozens of articles to be found stating this well known fact. Even the Biden administration finds the lab ;leak theory as plausible as it occurring in nature:

The virus CV-19 did not come directly from bats but, as with SARS-CoV-2, bat RaTG13 RBM found in bat guano contains a similar four-residue motif in the ACE2 binding ridge, supporting the notion that SARS-CoV-2 may have originated from RaTG13 or a RaTG13-related bat coronavirus.
But researchers estimate it would take a minimum of 50 years for the RaTG13 virus to have evolved in nature to become as binding to humans as is CV-19.

This RaTG13 was adapted in the Wuhan lab starting with work from 2012 until 2018 which made this virus more adapted to ACE2 receptor cells in humans (gain of function research)

So the Bat virus was used as a precursor and the virus did not come from an CV-19 infected animal, and animal in the wild, to date, have been found infected by CV-19 from other wild animals, known as species spillover. This happened with gorillas and Ebola and it is worrisome as virus mutations occur more easily when there is spillover.
There was a wild mink reported to be infected in Utah having been coming around infected minks on a mink farm.
(I would think Zoom and Old Skool should ask themselves why this is the case, and if this virus was so infections and originated in nature why are wild animals not spreading this among themselves ?) There should be hundreds of Pangolins showing infection, since they were claimed to be the original source by China no ?

There are of course domesticated animals and some in zoos having contacted CV-19 from human to animal contact. But their symptoms, for the most part, are mild as the CV-19 virus does not bind to animal proteins as easily as it does in humans.

In any event we will never get a straight answer from the Chinese. Truth is not in their DNA

• Sad
Reactions: OldSkool and cavok
Status
Not open for further replies.