US airline mask mandate may finally be over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2004

Will the White House appeal or let the ruling stand?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

Will the White House appeal or let the ruling stand?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I don't know, we have to ask the president. Oh wait...

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I believe it will ultimately be up to the airlines. Their business, their rules. Are there still any mandates in D.R.? Not a single place I visited when I was there required masks, and very people were wearing them with the exception of guagua passengers.

Reactions: jd426

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
I believe it will ultimately be up to the airlines. Their business, their rules. Are there still any mandates in D.R.? Not a single place I visited when I was there required masks, and very people were wearing them with the exception of guagua passengers.
Do you believe that just because politicians had removed mandates that it is actually in your best interest to believe them?

Just because people are tired, frustrated, impatient, and eager to stop distancing and wearing masks that they really know what's in their best interest healthwise?

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Do you believe that just because politicians had removed mandates that it is actually in your best interest to believe them?

Just because people are tired, frustrated, impatient, and eager to stop distancing and wearing masks that they really know what's in their best interest healthwise?
Removal of mandates means you are free to live as you see fit, not as a career demagogue sees fit.
Aside from that, this isn't even remotely D.R. related.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Removal of mandates means you are free to live as you see fit, not as a career demagogue sees fit.
Aside from that, this isn't even remotely D.R. related.
So you don't believe in Science and Medical experts. Noted LOL

Of course it's DR related. Since there are sooo many flights in and tourists from the US it directly affects the DR...and there's no need to be a snitch ;)

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Masks (and vaccines) should always be a PERSONAL choice, everyone has different health needs and risks
It appears that many people are completely unable to do what's clearly best for them and would rather take the easy way out, listen to politicians instead of experts, that we need and definitely needed the mandates and curfews.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
It's currently up to the airlines but since they have a profit motive to appease their customers, and not to ensure that they follow science and actually look out for their customer's best interests over profit...they're a poor choice.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

nickdr

May 30, 2014
Our visitor will be flying home today actually, from POP with United airlines. Here's what United tweeted:

"Masks are no longer required on domestic flights, select international flights (dependent upon the arrival country's requirements) or at U.S. airports."

Since the DR has no mask requirements; I'm assuming he will not be required to wear a mask in the airport, on the plane, or the airport in the USA. Will let y'all know later today or tomorrow.

About time. And the ones who still think cloth and non-medical grade masks are still effective (90% of people here still wearing masks are wearing them and lots of them actually don't have the mask covering their nose; not to mention wearing them while they are walking outside by themselves) - feel free to wear 4 of them at the same time and get your 4 shots as well. Nobody is stopping you.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
It's currently up to the airlines but since they have a profit motive to appease their customers, and not to ensure that they follow science and actually look out for their customer's best interests over profit...they're a poor choice.
Well, it should cut down on rerouted flights, altercations onboard, injury to employees and other passangers. Maybe..

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Masks (and vaccines) should always be a PERSONAL choice, everyone has different health needs and risks
Yes your health is your choice, as it should be. (smoking, drinking, etc.) But think of the other choices that you no longer have, and yet agree to.

Status
Not open for further replies.