US airline mask mandate may finally be over

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
That is just WAY too LOGICAL
One more outburst from you and you will get an infraction .
Outburst.jpg

Jan 9, 2004
Some airports still require masks though,JFK being one. So depending on where you are flying to you might need to put one on when you land.
I expect airports in so-called liberal states (NY/California) will be dropping the masks mandate soon as well.

The tide against masks (except in hospital/healthcare settings) seems to be turning.

Barring some black swan event down the road, you can expect the testing mandate to also be dropped or severely modified.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: nekokatt

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I would be curious how that's enforced. If I'm landing and have no baggage, I just walk directly out of the airport. I don't see what they can do.
No,you're going to walk directly into a very large busy airport and eventually get to an exit. And if you're flying international you are going to walk directly into passport control and Customs.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It appears that many people are completely unable to do what's clearly best for them and would rather take the easy way out, listen to politicians instead of experts, that we need and definitely needed the mandates and curfews.
Unfortunately many of today's adults lack critical thinking skills and prefer to do as they are told (group think) rather than make careful well thought out decisions based on their individual needs. Some people call them sheep and some people refer to them as whatever.

There is not and there will never be a one size fits all for a persons natural immunity to virus and disease.

Personally I have no problem with anyone who wants to continue wearing a mask be it on a airplane, in a gua gua or while they are cooking my food.
I have been flying on international flights for 25 years. I can say with 100% certainly when flying in and around the Asian countries wearing a mask on airplanes is nothing new.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Unfortunately many of today's adults lack critical thinking skills and prefer to do as they are told (group think) rather than make careful well thought out decisions based on their individual needs. Some people call them sheep and some people refer to them as whatever.

There is not and there will never be a one size fits all for a persons natural immunity to virus and disease.

Personally I have no problem with anyone who wants to continue wearing a mask be it on a airplane, in a gua gua or while they are cooking my food.
I have been flying on international flights for 25 years. I can say with 100% certainly when flying in and around the Asian countries wearing a mask on airplanes is nothing new.
Why would anyone take issues with people doing you the courtesy of looking out for you by wearing a mask?

My issue is that the experts be they Medical, Researchers, Scientific, or what have you are not being followed, and the ones employed by the Government that "have to" spout the party line and anyone else with a bias, financial or political interest, should not be blindly followed especially if they are going against the advice of experts. Texas and Florida are 2 states where this happens all the time and IMO it's also at play in the DR post mandates.

I'm vaxxed and boosted and wear a mask all the time when out in public buildings or crowded areas and that will stop only when I choose. I'm also not trying to force or decide for people but when the science still says it's best to wear a mask and distance, even when the Gov't is saying otherwise or removing mandates it doesn't make sense to me to ignore Science. Period. End of story.

I'm not in control so do you but realise that you're risking your life and all those you interact with should you choose to ignore the experts.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucifer and jd426

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Of course, but an opinion without supporting facts is just an illformed or misinformed opinion.
Not necessarily Bob. An opinion is protected speech and an absence of support does not logically mean that there is no support or that it's wrong. Some things are just so self-evident that there is no need, and if you insist you could easily do a quicky search for yourself, instead of trying to appear superior, which you clearly are not. :rolleyes:;)

Are you done attacking me for the day?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm also not trying to force or decide for people but when the science still says it's best to wear a mask and distance, even when the Gov't is saying otherwise or removing mandates it doesn't make sense to me to ignore Science. Period. End of story.
That's an interesting statement.
In my response to one of your earlier post (see post #47) you can be quoted as saying the following.

"It appears that many people are completely unable to do what's clearly best for them and would rather take the easy way out..."

I'm a little confused.
Will you please clarify whether or not you think/feel/believe it should be up to the individual to make careful well thought out decisions based on their individual needs or if it should be up to the doctors and scientist.. by coercion through mandates and regualtions or by force if necessary?

Remember. I am not asking about what is best for you, I am asking about what is best for the individual?

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
That's an interesting statement.
In my response to one of your earlier post (see post #47) you can be quoted as saying the following.

"It appears that many people are completely unable to do what's clearly best for them and would rather take the easy way out..."

I'm a little confused.
Will you please clarify whether or not you think/feel/believe it should be up to the individual to make careful well thought out decisions based on their individual needs or if it should be up to the doctors and scientist.. by coercion through mandates and regualtions or by force if necessary?

Remember. I am not asking about what is best for you, I am asking about what is best for the individual?
The statements are not at odds. Do you disagree that many people don't know what's best for them? I'm not telling them what to do, I'm pointing out that the biased, the financially motivated, the politicians are not the people to take "medical" advice from for the simple fact that if the expert's advice is contrary to their interests they ignore it and do what's best for them and not society.

Does that clear it up for you?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
...the simple fact that if the expert's advice is contrary to their interests they ignore it and do what's best for them and not society.

Does that clear it up for you?
Indeed it does.
I always find it fascinating when speaking to occidentals who think more like orientals. That would be the individual vs the collective.
Thank you for taking the time to clear that up.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
He's entitled to his opinion, as misguided as it is. I have no qualm with that. He can wear a full body condom for all I care. It's when you attempt to control others that you overstep the line.
Thanks, I think.

I remain unsure what you have against Science and medical experts and why you appear willing to sacrifice people unnecesarily under the guise of "freedom". Seems awfully selfish to me.

Reactions: Lucifer

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Thanks, I think.

I remain unsure what you have against Science and medical experts and why you appear willing to sacrifice people unnecesarily under the guise of "freedom". Seems awfully selfish to me.
Your opinion of me is not up for debate for obvious reasons and I'm not going to argue with you. Best to you.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Your opinion of me is not up for debate for obvious reasons and I'm not going to argue with you. Best to you.
My observations are just that, and not an opinion, negative or otherwise, about you. We agree on many things but not the issues about covid and how to best handle it. It doesn't necessarily mean I think poorly of you.

Whatever has happened to the World, that so many people think that just because we don't agree about something, that it has to mean we must dislike each other?

This is one of the cornerstones of what's wrong, in a very general sense, with the World. That and basic discourtesy. Just look at so many posts here accusing, assuming...the worst for the most part, but not asking genuine neutral questions, and listening to the person or their thoughts. It's not a zero-sum game. It's ok to disagree. It's often the basic foundation of learning and social interaction. The World would be a very boring place if we were all the same and agreed about everything, but this is worse. We should not have to be so wary about expressing our, well thought out and supportable opinions, but especially on the Internet and social media it's a given and a sad statement about "people" in general.

Peace and be well.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
the masks have become nothing more than a political flag. Some people like being told what to do by their party. Some peeps are religious about putting their trash curbside separated paper and plastic even though its going to the same dump, but hey, it makes them feel good

Status
Not open for further replies.