US Bank Account, is this possible?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Online can be done only by forming a company in Dalaware, that will give you US bank account. Without SSN. Price 700 usd.[/B]

Please post the exat procedure of opening an online account using a US Corp. Also the name of the bank.

You might find it's not that easy. The brokerage account loop hole and similar holes have slowly been closed.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
That's one good thing about EPS, it looks like a regular shipping address.
Have ordered stuff from TigerDirect in the past without a problem.
The "gotcha" with Tiger Direct is they see your DR IP and won't let you order. Well, at least it happened to me. I had to call customer service and get some sort of special dispensation after explaining the situation: DR IP address, Miami shipping address, Tampa billing address.

I got it worked out, but it did take some effort, no point and click.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Credit cards are not recommendable to use for Internet payments, as for security. Prepaid cards, yes, you deposit so much, and pay for the items.
Totally disagree.

My bank protects me from fraud as has been discussed here before. I doubt a bank would with a pre-paid card.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The "gotcha" with Tiger Direct is they see your DR IP and won't let you order. Well, at least it happened to me. I had to call customer service and get some sort of special dispensation after explaining the situation: DR IP address, Miami shipping address, Tampa billing address.

I got it worked out, but it did take some effort, no point and click.

Most of my browsing I do via private proxies, that could be the reason I haven't had any problems. Not that I have ordered from them for a while. Another joy of having Mac's. Not constantly having to buy parts to fix PC's :)

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Most of my browsing I do via private proxies, that could be the reason I haven't had any problems. Not that I have ordered from them for a while. Another joy of having Mac's. Not constantly having to buy parts to fix PC's :)
Ahhhhhh!!!A private proxie! :D Makes sense.

Even PayPal reads my IP. My city/state/country with PayPal is Tampa FL Dominican Republic.

(Bought a cell phone from TD...although I'm considering building a desktop with parts from them...)

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Please post the exat procedure of opening an online account using a US Corp. Also the name of the bank.

You might find it's not that easy. The brokerage account loop hole and similar holes have slowly been closed.

Robert,
I know a firm - Morelli USA Inc in the US (Las Vegas) who opens a LLC or Inc. in Nevada in 24 hours and get you a company bank account within 48 hours.
Don't ask me how they do it and what's the cost of it- it's all legal.
They have many Hungarian and other European clients.
If you need more info let me know.

The Hun

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's not hard to get a USA account here. Go to BPD Bank (bpdbank.com) on JFK and Maximo Gomez and you can open an account in their FDIC insured New York bank.
I have one and use it.

But...

Getting accounts online with "legit" USA banks is not as easy as it used to be.
Getting a USA account online with no SSN is as far as I'm aware, imposible.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Robert, you have credit card of Banco Popular. Not possible with prepaid cards of Popular or BHD, only with Leon.
Credit cards are not recommendable to use for Internet payments, as for security. Prepaid cards, yes, you deposit so much, and pay for the items.

Security in Amazon? Zappos?. If something happens which is extremely unlikely you would get your money refunded right away. Stay away from shady pages and get a paypal account and you'll be fine.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Robert,
I know a firm - Morelli USA Inc in the US (Las Vegas) who opens a LLC or Inc. in Nevada in 24 hours and get you a company bank account within 48 hours.
Don't ask me how they do it and what's the cost of it- it's all legal.
They have many Hungarian and other European clients.
If you need more info let me know.

The Hun
And it costs US$700-1500 to do, and costs $150-300per year just to maintain it. Additionally, you have to file Federal taxes every year even if no revenue is generated.

I'm guessing belgiank doesn't have US$700-1500 to spend on a system just so he can buy stuff online. Otherwise he can use his European resources to buy things from Europe and ship here for less than the initial cost of opening a US/Nevada Corporation.

And I won't even get into monthly bank charges for a business account in the US.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
And it costs US$700-1500 to do, and costs $150-300per year just to maintain it. Additionally, you have to file Federal taxes every year even if no revenue is generated.

I'm guessing belgiank doesn't have US$700-1500 to spend on a system just so he can buy stuff online. Otherwise he can use his European resources to buy things from Europe and ship here for less than the initial cost of opening a US/Nevada Corporation.

And I won't even get into monthly bank charges for a business account in the US.

That sounds a voice of experience....... Most people avoid setting up US companies these days....The rules get tougher and tougher.

The gov't and the banks have new rules regularly.

Wire transfers for instance...... unless you have been a long time "Wirer" you will ned to go personally to send the wire..... and that is when sending to youself.
If you want to send to a friend/relative it is mandatory that you do so in person
At least that is my experience..... I can send to RD to my account but must jump thru hoops to send to a contractor/friend / supplier.

WW

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Guys, thanks for all the advice. It seems the easiest thing to do is to get a prepaid Visa Card from Banco Leon.

I have a Euro account with Banco Popular, and could easily get a US dollar account, but as my account there is only 1 month old, I was told to apply for a creditcard in 3 months or so, so they could see whether there were regular amounts in the bank-account.

And no, I'm not setting up a business-account in the US, as it seems kind of crazy to spend 1500$, to save a couple of bucks on small items...:bunny:

I want to use the card to buy an occasional item at one of the big online store, so putting the money on the card, and then purchasing it, seems a good idea.