US Envoy regrets Dominican Republic shuns gay tourists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You would not know that 90% of gays/lesbians/etc., are what they are, just by looking!
We all know thousands of them without any idea about their sexual preferences, as it should be!!!!
I don't think that "carpdream" is a bad person, just living in the past, they way most of us were brought up.
Some of us can't, or won't, support change.
"MARICON" on the other hand, it a bad, hurtful person.
His repeated insults show that!

ps, for his edification,homosexual sex is a LOT MORE that just a "Poke In The HERSHEY HIGHWAY"!
JUST AS STRAIGHT SEX IS A lot more,than just the "Missionary Position"!!!!
He's got to "Up His Game"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
BESIDES, i ALWAYS WANTED to be bisexual
100% more potential sex partners!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::lick::lick::p:lick::p:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:
YOU, do the math!!!!!!!!!!!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
You were unclear as to what tax dollars had to do with our embassies.

Your ensuing off-topic diatribe aside, I was simply explaining to you the role tax dollars play in funding our embassies. Hopefully I was of some help in clearing that up for you.

I'm not insensitive to the fact this is a highly emotional (and personal) issue for you and a few others here. Nobody is looking to "out you" or whatever that is.

In any event, I think we can all agree that homosexual activists shouldn't be using tax dollars to pimp their agenda in a foreign country under the protection of our embassy.

Wally could be putting US lives at risk in the DR.

Lives at risk?? Nice try. Your hypersensitivity over this issue suggests that you are the one concerned with being "outed".

This particular Ambassador was chosen for his position as a political favor to the President's Gay constituents just like Hans Hertell was chosen as a political favor to W's Latino constituency. That's the way this game works and the percentage of political appointees chosen as Ambassador, which is strictly an honorary post is up to each President. 30% of W's 453 embassy appointments were political appointees and 35% of President Obama's 186 appointments have been schedule C as well.

Every Ambassador has an agenda. Some promote specific business interests and others promote social issues but there's nothing in this Ambassador's policy pursuits to suggest that he's anything more than a cheerleader for human rights and he's every bit as qualified for the post as Fannin was, before him if not moreso.

BTW, I was never "unclear as to what tax dollars have to do with our embassies". I was unclear about what this particular Ambassador's personal opinion has to do with tax dollars in your little rant. The answer is: Absolutely Nothing.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This thread should be merged with the other "Wally Brewster" thread!
I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO MISS "MARICON'S" HOMOPHOBIC RANTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
I say bring em by the boat loads, plane loads, or any other means possible. Look what gay tourism did for Haiti in the 80's and what it's doing to Puerto-Rico nowdays. FACTS!!!!

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Maybe have a bake sale and a parade or something. Given time, who knows, maybe you'll convince 98% of the DR population that they're wrong and that Wally is right.

Just keep our tax dollars out of it.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
That's because he has no serious credentials to even be an ambassador.

He has no education in any field related to diplomacy or international relations.

He did not come up through the diplomatic core.

He did however "bundle" over a million dollars for President Obama's election campaign....and was so rewarded.

Those career diplomats who have devoted a lifetime to their profession must be shaking their heads in disbelief.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

You couldn't be more wrong.

This Ambassador isn't any more "political" than any of the political appointees before him or after him. You should have been around the State Dept between 2000-2008 during which time W appointed three times as many political appointees to embassy positions as President Obama has. "W" not only appointed his cronies to the honorary position of Ambassador, he planted his political friends-of-the-program in positions where they replaced career civil servants to do his bidding and pave the way for targeted business interests. Now THAT p'd off a bunch of dedicated career professionals at State.

Wally's predecessor was an Arizona Lawyer who didn't have anywhere near his experience in global markets.

Jan 9, 2004
You couldn't be more wrong.

So which of the following statements I made couldn't be more wrong?

1. That's because he has no serious credentials to even be an ambassador.

2. He has no education in any field related to diplomacy or international relations.

3. He did not come up through the diplomatic core.

4. He did however "bundle" over a million dollars for President Obama's election campaign....and was so rewarded.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
So which of the following statements I made couldn't be more wrong?

1. That's because he has no serious credentials to even be an ambassador.

2. He has no education in any field related to diplomacy or international relations.

3. He did not come up through the diplomatic core.

4. He did however "bundle" over a million dollars for President Obama's election campaign....and was so rewarded.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Your entire little "qualification package" is wrong.

1. Ambassadors are not required to have "serious credentials" whereas the Program Directors within the State Department do. Ambassador is an honorary position and they really don't do much more that relay policy decisions and complaints and attend and host social functions.

2. Wally has education and experience in the field of global marketing

3. As I have stated before, 30% of "W"s embassy appointments and 35% of President Obama's did not "come up through the diplomatic corps". That is each President's prerogative. The difference is that our current President has limited his embassy appointments to the honorary figurehead position whereas "W" placed most of his appointees in Program Director positions (equivalent to "Assistant Secretary" and THAT did displace well trained and well qualified diplomatic corps personnel with his hand chosen (not by his hand) cronies.

4. What you claim as "bundling" was simply a part of his job with the DNC and then the Obama 2012 campaign. You act like he stole a million dollars from Granny's purse....so over-the-top. Every one of the hundreds of Schedule C appointees I have worked with from Reagan to Obama were either campaign fundraisers, their Spouses or their Children. Thankfully many are shoved into positions where the damage potential is minimized. The really good ones execute Administration policy and effect real change. Congress may direct the budget but they don't micro manage the processes. There's a lot of room for interpretation in Congressional mandates, otherwise nothing would ever get done right.

Ambassador James (Wally) Brewster was officially sworn in as Ambassador to the Dominican Republic by Vice President Biden on November 22, 2013.

Ambassador Brewster recently served as Senior Managing Partner of SB&K Global. SB&K is an international consulting firm focused on assisting global brands and executives in the areas of positioning and branding. Prior to SB&K Global, Ambassador Brewster served as Officer/Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communication for General Growth Properties, the country?s second largest shopping mall real estate investment trust. During his tenure of 15 years he led multiple acquisitions and rebranding of the company?s assets around the globe.

Ambassador Brewster is an active leader in advancing the rights and freedom of individuals around the globe. He has served as the National Co-Chair of the LGBT Leadership Council for the Democratic National Committee and held the same role in the Obama 2012 campaign. He was National Co-Chair of the Obama Leadership Circle in addition to being a Presidential Partner and National Finance Committee member. He has been involved with the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) for more than 30 years and served on their National Board of Directors.

A native of Lindale, Texas, Ambassador Brewster received his education in Business Administration with a focus on Marketing at Tyler Junior College and Texas A&M University. His spouse and partner of 25 years Bob Satawake joins Ambassador Brewster at post.

Jan 9, 2004
Your entire little "qualification package" is wrong.

1. Ambassadors are not required to have "serious credentials" whereas the Program Directors within the State Department do. Ambassador is an honorary position and they really don't do much more that relay policy decisions and complaints and attend and host social functions.

2. Wally has education and experience in the field of global marketing

3. As I have stated before, 30% of "W"s embassy appointments and 35% of President Obama's did not "come up through the diplomatic corps". That is each President's prerogative. The difference is that our current President has limited his embassy appointments to the honorary figurehead position whereas "W" placed most of his appointees in Program Director positions (equivalent to "Assistant Secretary" and THAT did displace well trained and well qualified diplomatic corps personnel with his hand chosen (not by his hand) cronies.

4. What you claim as "bundling" was simply a part of his job with the DNC and then the Obama 2012 campaign. You act like he stole a million dollars from Granny's purse....so over-the-top. Every one of the hundreds of Schedule C appointees I have worked with from Reagan to Obama were either campaign fundraisers, their Spouses or their Children. Thankfully many are shoved into positions where the damage potential is minimized. The really good ones execute Administration policy and effect real change. Congress may direct the budget but they don't micro manage the processes. There's a lot of room for interpretation in Congressional mandates, otherwise nothing would ever get done right.

You indicated my statements "couldn't be more wrong."

I merely asked you to refute them.

You have not done so, but as is your style, you have attempted to deflect and obfuscate.

Have a good afternoon.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
You would not know that 90% of gays/lesbians/etc., are what they are, just by looking!
We all know thousands of them without any idea about their sexual preferences, as it should be!!!!
I don't think that "carpdream" is a bad person, just living in the past, they way most of us were brought up.
Some of us can't, or won't, support change.
"MARICON" on the other hand, it a bad, hurtful person.
His repeated insults show that!

ps, for his edification,homosexual sex is a LOT MORE that just a "Poke In The HERSHEY HIGHWAY"!
JUST AS STRAIGHT SEX IS A lot more,than just the "Missionary Position"!!!!
He's got to "Up His Game"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
BESIDES, i ALWAYS WANTED to be bisexual
100% more potential sex partners!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::lick::lick::p:lick::p:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:
YOU, do the math!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a huge compliment coming from you. I think I have a male crush on you now.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014

You have not done so, but as is your style, you have attempted to deflect and obfuscate.

Have a good afternoon.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I think you just described a 'troll.'

I'll also pass on further interactions with it.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

Have a good afternoon.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

No need to get all swirly, you were simply wrong and I indicated how and why in the same order in which you offered your erroneous opinion. Get over it.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Having a bible on the national flag is called a "hint."

Maybe Wally and his freakshow might have better luck in a different country.
Not just the Bible on the flag, but in every government institution is a Latin cross or a crucifix; and Brewster, of all people, probably noticed that in person more times than he might be willing to admit.

The Constitutional Tribunal is a perfect example:

arton17482.jpg

Or the auditorium of the Central Bank:

[video=youtube;l109ai19vo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l109ai19vo8[/video]

Or the fact that every official inauguration of anything is accompanied by a priest that does a quick prayer and blesses the project, or that most official holidays are those of the Catholic church, or that every Catholic church is built/maintained by the government; the list of hints is quite long.

The hint is even obvious to whomever puts attention to satelite images of Santo Domingo (Google Earth) which has to be the city with the most Latin crosses. Zoom to the National Theater snd you can see the cross, zoom to the Parque Independencia and again the cross, zoom to the Plaza de la Bandera and the cross, and it keeps popping up all over the place. That is not a coincidence.

The president has to attend mass every Sunday and every holiday at the First Cathedral of America.

That the DR 'leads' in global prostitution is mot a 'conflict of interest' because Dominican prostitutes are not the majority of Dominican women or even a significant minority.

Last edited:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
No need for the government to have a campaign to attract gays, blacks, women, men, invalids, or whatever.

If they promote worldwide what DR has to offer, you'll get a subset of all types coming.

Individual businesses may want to attract a certain clientelle, but the state itself shouldn't in my opinion. The Wallymeister is wrong on this one, me thinks.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is part of the Spanish tradition. In fact, if you notice most Dominican cities and towns are named after Catholic saints and the various forms of the Virgin Mary. Not a coincidence.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
this guy is starting to rub me the wrong way, so to speak. i get it that he is gay, good for him but i don't really care. but he came here as a representative of USA, not an ambassador of international gay union. why do i never see anything about him being concerned about crime against american tourists? about brent lewis? about deportees? international policies? simplified processes for getting sick/dead citizens back to the USA? anything of value to american community as a whole? it's getting boring.

The title of the article is click bait. Gay tourism, whatever that is, is only part of what he is talking about. DR is advancing rapidly on this topic. There is a huge generational divide and things will change. In the mean time. I am sure he does address crime and getting sick/dead citizens back. But that doesn't generate controversy. Sewage treatment plants are crucial, but won't get much air time on the local news?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
No need for the government to have a campaign to attract gays, blacks, women, men, invalids, or whatever.

If they promote worldwide what DR has to offer, you'll get a subset of all types coming.

Individual businesses may want to attract a certain clientelle, but the state itself shouldn't in my opinion. The Wallymeister is wrong on this one, me thinks.

I didn't interpret what he said as meaning that he thought that the Dominican government should single out Gays for special marketing just for them.

"When the officer who is the head, the head of the Dominican government says you do not want a certain group of people places us in a difficult to support tourism in this country situation," he said.

That is the standard U.S. government position, not singling any group of persons for special consideration but simply not supporting those who single any group or groups specifically for the purpose of exclusion.

no-indians-or-dogs.jpg

Not allowed here, not supported there...

Status
Not open for further replies.