US Financial Institution blocking the DR

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Has anyone ever experienced this? It's a firewall from Cloudflare who apparently are contracted with my bank's website provider. I have been getting the following error:

Error 1020 Ray ID: 68b99355bad602be • 2021-09-08 16:32:54 UTC
Access denied
What happened?
This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 68b99355bad602be • Your IP: xxx.xx.xxx.xx• Performance & security by Cloudflare

I have tried this at home on 2 different laptops both running on Altice wifi and on my ipad in Santiago using McDonald's wifi. The ipad uses Safari and the laptops use Chrome and/or Edge. My bank is investigating now but any help would be appreciated. I'm not experience this on any other financial website and I use 5 different ones.

Jun 25, 2021
Santiago
www.RobInTheDR.com
Possible solutions:
1) use a VPN (I've used Express VPN for six years and it is great). With the vpn you can log into the website from within the United States. Actually, using a vpn can help you sort out all sorts of web-related problems, snafus etc.. I'd recommend learning how to use one for lots of reasons.
2) Send the bank your IP addresses and tell them to unblock them from within cloudflare's firewall rules. I have quite a few domains on cloudflare myself.

Here is the OFFICIAL documentation from the cloudflare website regarding this error:

You can see in the content of the page, which i've just linked to above, that you indeed could provide the website owner/bank "provide the website owner with a screenshot of the 1020 error message you received", but really you should be able to just copy and paste the text version of the error message like you already have above.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Possible solutions:
1) use a VPN (I've used Express VPN for six years and it is great). With the vpn you can log into the website from within the United States. Actually, using a vpn can help you sort out all sorts of web-related problems, snafus etc.. I'd recommend learning how to use one for lots of reasons.
2) Send the bank your IP addresses and tell them to unblock them from within cloudflare's firewall rules. I have quite a few domains on cloudflare myself.

Here is the OFFICIAL documentation from the cloudflare website regarding this error:

You can see in the content of the page, which i've just linked to above, that you indeed could provide the website owner/bank "provide the website owner with a screenshot of the 1020 error message you received", but really you should be able to just copy and paste the text version of the error message like you already have above.

Thanks so much for responding. I might try the VPN solution but I'm gunshy on those. I forget which one I had but when I used it on ebay way over a year ago ebay went batshit crazy and banned me for life with no recourse.

Seriously I appreciate your help!

Reactions: Gadfly

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Thanks so much for responding. I might try the VPN solution but I'm gunshy on those. I forget which one I had but when I used it on ebay way over a year ago ebay went batshit crazy and banned me for life with no recourse.

Seriously I appreciate your help!
Don’t use PayPal either with VPN you get banned for life there too.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I deal with 3 banks outside the country... in 3 different countries

Never had a problem (touch wood !!)