US goverment warns against travel to DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I have said before, hopefully this decision to open to USA at this moment when the infections are out of control, does not destroy the RD tourism industry.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
That's Because the DR folks need the money with the Tourist Cash Cow.....Gringos spend a lot of me here..... even the streetwalkers business is dead....
Yes it must be the money

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I have said before, hopefully this decision to open to USA at this moment when the infections are out of control, does not destroy the RD tourism industry.
Isn’t there already an extensive community spread in the DR. Maybe visitors will not make a big difference

• Wow
Reactions: scot_tosh

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
What do you mean by decision to open to USA?
The thread was really about the US warning of travel to the DR. The DR did not specifically open for visitors from the US. It opened for all visitors

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
The thread was really about the US warning of travel to the DR. The DR did not specifically open for visitors from the US. It opened for all visitors
Well they may have opened to everyone, but no visitors will be coming from the UK and a lot of other countries in Europe in the near future. Infected tourists from the USA spreading more infections in the RD can only put other countries off coming. I fear short term gain for long term pain

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
The epidemic is rampant in the USA and the Dominican Republic is allowing people from the USA to travel to the RD without any restictions
It isn't rampant in the USA. It may seem that way because as of to date over 41 million have been tested. As testing centers opened virtually everywhere people, who felt fine, decided might as well go get a test done.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
It isn't rampant in the USA. It may seem that way because as of to date over 41 million have been tested. As testing centers opened virtually everywhere people, who felt fine, decided might as well go get a test done.
I believe that

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Well they may have opened to everyone, but no visitors will be coming from the UK and a lot of other countries in Europe in the near future. Infected tourists from the USA spreading more infections in the RD can only put other countries off coming. I fear short term gain for long term pain
The tourists from the US is what we have now then

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
And it seems that warning from US is for all international travel.
It did say something specifically about the DR health care system. Hopefully the US will eventually help with that. With so much relations between the two countries and the DR being so welcoming

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
It did say something specifically about the DR health care system. Hopefully the US will eventually help with that. With so much relations between the two countries and the DR being so welcoming
Likely there are similar warnings for many countries.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
It is rampant in the USA 139,174 deaths and 1,807,350 active cases with about 1000 new deaths each day, i'd say that was rampant. Russia and UAE have tested more per million of their population than the USA and don't have the death rates the USA have.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
It is rampant in the USA 139,174 deaths and 1,807,350 active cases with about 1000 new deaths each day, i'd say that was rampant. Russia and UAE have tested more per million of their population than the USA and don't have the death rates the USA have.
One can be in a hospice dying of cancer and if you die with CV19 that is a CV19 death. People at risk are comorbid (high blood pressure, diabetes) older.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I also lean towards the US not being as bad as portrayed in the media. And the way of collecting data for each country makes it difficult to compare.

Reactions: KyleMackey

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Isn’t there already an extensive community spread in the DR. Maybe visitors will not make a big difference
Surely the aim of the game is to reduce infections, especially in a country where the health services can be lacking. Infected tourists, infecting resort staff who then take it to their community and spread it there, can make the difference to the health service's ability to handle more ill patients and not get swamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.