US orders stop to Central Romana sugar exports

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
That doesn't mean that the company isn't doing far more than you say. There are always three sides to a story, his, hers, and the truth.
And if it is reported in the news it cannot be believed.
According to this post:
Do you know of an independent news agency that doesn't have an agenda from corporate headquarters?
The agendas you are claiming that exists in news agencies can be of any type...for or against.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This topic comes down to TWO simple facts.

1 No one knows more about the working conditions and all the other allegations made by the US and anyone else than the people WORKING THERE every day.

2 These same people that know the conditions choose to stay there in the housing provided and continue to WORK THERE.

So for all the bleeding hearts MYOB……………

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
This topic comes down to TWO simple facts.

1 No one knows more about the working conditions and all the other allegations made by the US and anyone else than the people WORKING THERE every day.

2 These same people that know the conditions choose to stay there in the housing provided and continue to WORK THERE.
I've outlined the reasons why people continue to work under bad conditions.
But if you never had to...then you simply don't understand...while typing at your keyboard in air conditioned comfort.

Here are two more facts:
1. There is a world wide market for sugar.
2. Central Romana is not forced to do business in the 🇺🇲

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
But not without bias nor independent.
Every post up in here has bias and is not independent.
Why do some consider this good news? A lot of the Haitian workers could be out of a job soon and sent back to Haiti, no?
You got me.🤷‍♂️

All the company has to do is sell into a market that wants their sugar.
If they choose to mechanize the workers will lose their jobs no matter what.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Every post up in here has bias and is not independent.

You got me.🤷‍♂️

All the company has to do is sell into a market that wants their sugar.
If they choose to mechanize the workers will lose their jobs no matter what.
I know very little about the sugar market. Just how easy will it be to sell the sugar to another market and at what price?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Why do some consider this good news? A lot of the Haitian workers could be out of a job soon and sent back to Haiti, no?
That appears to be the agenda here by the "bleeding hearts' crew. Pathetic..............I laugh at these guys..............

Reactions: Big and cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That appears to be the agenda here by the "bleeding hearts' crew. Pathetic..............I laugh at these guys..............
This seems to be a very poorly thought-out action with no consideration of the consequences. In their attempt to be self-righteous and virtue signal, it appears they are going to cause even more misery for the very people they are claiming to try to help.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This is the typical heavy-handed approach the US takes to almost everything anymore. Real diplomacy doesn't exist. This is why many countries see the US as the world bully now.

Reactions: SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is the typical heavy-handed approach the US takes to almost everything anymore. Real diplomacy doesn't exist. This is why many countries see the US as the world bully now.
More and more Countries are putting the US on their "Pay No Mind List". They do not have the recognition, integrity, or following that they once had. The Dominican Republic is definitely one of those Countries under this Administration.............You only had to see the lack of Dominicans showing up for that US Embassy propaganda meeting. No one of merit was there...........

Reactions: cavok

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Not a laughing matter to me.
People possible losing access to their current source of income.
I have visited different Bateyes in different areas of the country. When I was a teenager one of my uncles was working a government plan at that time called Cruzada Del Amor which was a inspiration of Doña Emma Balaguer during Los Doce Anos del Doctor Balaguer, the Best president ever in DR. I remember going to Los Battelle's with my uncle during Christmas/ Mother's day and others festivities to do the distribution of goods and toys such as sewing machines, bicycles, all kind of toys and supplies. Los Bateyes are very different now what the used to be back in 70s they have changed for good.

JJ

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Yes, and YOU are advocating for it.................
I am not advocating for it.
But if you never had to...then you simply don't understand...while typing at your keyboard in air conditioned comfort.

Here are two more facts:
They have the entire world to sell into.
The individual responsible for sales at the company better be getting up every morning really early and putting in some work ‼️

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am not advocating for it.

The individual responsible for sales at the company better be getting up every morning really early and putting in some work ‼️
You are clearly on the side of the US. And that position of banning the sugar shipments from the DR WILL PUT MOST IF NOT ALL OF THE WORKERS OUT OF WORK……

And the idea that you snap your fingers and find other Countries to sell to is as dumb as your posts on this topic………..

Reactions: Big

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
You are clearly on the side of the US.
I am not on any side.

Here are two more facts:
Can you dispute my two facts ❓
And the idea that you snap your fingers and find other Countries to sell to is as dumb as your posts on this topic………..
Since when was hard work a bad idea.
It is what is being suggested by your posts.
That workers choose those jobs to put in hard work in the cane fields.

Now I am not going to comment on the quality of your posts.
But I will suggest that you re-read your own writing.
Post #62 specifically
No, I do not think that you snap your fingers and find other Countries to sell to.
I am suggesting that the individual in charge of sales put in the kind the work in the office that those in the field are putting in.

The idea the a company is suddenly going to fire all there worker and use machines...well those in the know know there is a transition period.
A farm is not a factory.
The cane growing needs to be harvested regardless of if the sale team is doing their job.
I suggest that they do their jobs just as you suggest the workers in the cane field to theirs.

Finally, if you think my posts on this topic are dumb...why don't you just put me on ignore.
Nobody forces you to read what I write nor respond to it (facts).:rolleyes:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
“CBP continues to set the international standard for ensuring that goods made with forced labor do not enter US commerce,” said AnnMarie R. Highsmith, Executive Assistant Commissioner, CBP Office of Trade. “Manufacturers like Central Romana, who fail to abide by our laws, will face consequences as we root out these inhumane practices from US supply chains.”

It's interesting that the Department of Labor has targeted Central Romana. I wonder if Nike and iPhone will be next(?).

NO WAY JOSE!!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am not on any side.

Can you dispute my two facts ❓

Since when was hard work a bad idea.
It is what is being suggested by your posts.
That workers choose those jobs to put in hard work in the cane fields.

Now I am not going to comment on the quality of your posts.
But I will suggest that you re-read your own writing.
Post #62 specifically

No, I do not think that you snap your fingers and find other Countries to sell to.
I am suggesting that the individual in charge of sales put in the kind the work in the office that those in the field are putting in.

The idea the a company is suddenly going to fire all there worker and use machines...well those in the know know there is a transition period.
A farm is not a factory.
The cane growing needs to be harvested regardless of if the sale team is doing their job.
I suggest that they do their jobs just as you suggest the workers in the cane field to theirs.

Finally, if you think my posts on this topic are dumb...why don't you just put me on ignore.
Nobody forces you to read what I write nor respond to it (facts).:rolleyes:
I believe that the DR has a trade agreement obligation to provide a certain quota of sugar to the US market.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I believe that the DR has a trade agreement obligation to provide a certain quota of sugar to the US market.
I do believe that even with a trade agreement obligation the 🇩🇴 has to abide by the laws of the United States of America.
Or are you trying to imply that the 🇩🇴 is above 🇺🇲 law❓
Here are two more facts:
Can you dispute the facts above ❓