US Passport renewed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2006
My passport expired last year, and I filled out the application and mailed it in with the photos and such on January 26th. On February 26th I got an e m ail from the Dept of State that it had received my application on Feb 5 and they gave me a registration number. I was told that I should allow 10-12 weeks to get my passport. That would mean between April 12 and 26th.

People online said that it should take 6 to 8 weeks. But I got it today, on March 3rd. Whish means it took exactly 36 days. I just paid the minimum $110 and got the photos at the UPS office recommended at the post office.

I imagine that I am not the only one who is renewing their passport, so I am posting this to give an idea of how long this actually takes.

Now all I need it to get my Covid shots. I applied three weeks ago, and still have heard nothing. People I know in Broward County FL have received both of their shots.

Just thought a heads-up might be useful.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My passport expired last year, and I filled out the application and mailed it in with the photos and such on January 26th. On February 26th I got an e m ail from the Dept of State that it had received my application on Feb 5 and they gave me a registration number. I was told that I should allow 10-12 weeks to get my passport. That would mean between April 12 and 26th.

People online said that it should take 6 to 8 weeks. But I got it today, on March 3rd. Whish means it took exactly 36 days. I just paid the minimum $110 and got the photos at the UPS office recommended at the post office.

I imagine that I am not the only one who is renewing their passport, so I am posting this to give an idea of how long this actually takes.

Now all I need it to get my Covid shots. I applied three weeks ago, and still have heard nothing. People I know in Broward County FL have received both of their shots.

Just thought a heads-up might be useful.
Where do you live Xavier? Was this renewed through the Embassy in Santo Domingo?

Aug 6, 2006
I live in Miami, FL. I mailed it to the address in TX that was listed on the application form for non-expedited renewals. I usually visit Barahona two or three times per year, but I have not been there since Oct 2019.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks Xavier, good to see you posting again.

Since this thread is not DR related, it’s closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.