US President invites President Luis Abinader to Virtual Democracy Summit

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Banderas-RD-y-USA-Presidencia-1024x576.jpeg

President Luis Abinader has received an invitation from US President Joe Biden to attend the first of two Summits for Democracy. The first will be a virtual summit set for 9-10 December 2021. The invitation is dated 9 November 2021 and was sent by the US Embassy to the Presidency through the Ministry of Foreign Relations of the Dominican Republic on 16 November 2021.

The virtual summit will bring together leaders from government, civil society, and the private sector to set forth an affirmative agenda for democratic renewal and to tackle the greatest threats faced by democracies today through collective action.

The virtual summit is expected to galvanize commitments and initiatives across three principal themes: defending against authoritarianism, fighting corruption, and promoting respect for human rights.

The virtual summit will be followed up in roughly a...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I wonder if Luis will bring up Haiti?
I suspect he will since "respecting human rights" is mentioned in Dolores's news. However, IMO he will stick to his script that firmly states this is not my problem with Haiti and WE cannot do this alone simply because "our borders touch." So far I think he is making his point and deportation will not stop. Pregnant women is a sensitive issue. However, it is NO different than any other country that is poor or lacking a stable government . All people want a "birthing" country that is more favorable than where they live. We all can't live in Santo Domingo, Flushing NYC (Chineese), Texas or Arizona.
I think Luis is following the procedure put in place from a very famous person (gee weez what was his name) "The buck stops here!").

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
He should not attend. Team America's current strategies are driving the USA into the ground while destroying the fabric of that once great nation.

Samantha Power has done enough damage down here already. We do not need anyone suggesting this country follow in their foot steps. They've already made it clear to us, Haiti is our problem not theirs.

Stand up Luis and handle your business like a man. Do not kowtow to the self-destructive losers.