USA issued ATM highst DR Limits

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Yes. Another friend of mine is doing this also. You need to download the app and link to your bank account. It only costs $8.99 for a friend to send it to you from a W.U. location. Always pick up in USD or you get killed on the exchange rate.

If one decides to get it in USD, the fees are way higher - they aren't stupid

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
You always specify pickup in USD. Sent $900 - received $900. If you pick up in pesos you get slaughtered on the exchange rate.

The fees would be higher if the money sent is received here in USD - if the money sent is to be received in local currency, fee's are lower but the exchange is a killer; this is how they make their money - no other way around it

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If one decides to get it in USD, the fees are way higher - they aren't stupid
I paid $10.99 to receive the money in USD. It's actually the reverse - if you specifiy pick up in pesos, not only are the fees highrr, you get a lousy exchange rate.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The fees would be higher if the money sent is received here in USD - if the money sent is to be received in local currency, fee's are lower but the exchange is a killer; this is how they make their money - no other way around it
They say "seeing is believing". Check it out: $13.99 for $1500 USD delivered to a W.U. agent here. That's an online bank transfer. Look at the other methods/prices - extremely high. There were no additional charges to my bank.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
They say "seeing is believing". Check it out: $13.99 for $1500 USD delivered to a W.U. agent here. That's an online bank transfer. Look at the other methods/prices - extremely high. There were no additional charges to my bank.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

To the contrary, I do believe you - however; I can get the same amount in DOM Pesos by using my USA issued ATM card and getting the money from a local ATM.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
To the contrary, I do believe you - however; I can get the same amount in DOM Pesos by using my USA issued ATM card and getting the money from a local ATM.
Which card do you have? All cards are not the same. Many will charge you a 200 peso ATH fee and won't give you a good exchange rate. Some add in a foreign transaction fee, too.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008

GetAttachmentThumbnail
Western union screwed me very badly a few years ago and held money. They kept sending me messages that I could send larger amounts. I sent $cdn
80000 fkr house construction. and they held it. It was a nightmare getting it bsck.. I had
Been sending money for money for years before that.. They blocked my. Wife and her brothersa too so even my sister and a friend couldn't send to them.
I searched internet and found out they they did that alot they . held money people were sending for hospital bills .

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Western union screwed me very badly a few years ago and held money. They kept sending me messages that I could send larger amounts. I sent $cdn
80000 fkr house construction. and they held it. It was a nightmare getting it bsck.. I had
Been sending money for money for years before that.. They blocked my. Wife and her brothersa too so even my sister and a friend couldn't send to them.
I searched internet and found out they they did that alot they . held money people were sending for hospital bills .
Never send any more than a thousand or two US with WU. They think they are Dick Tracy............

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Never send any more than a thousand or two US with WU. They think they are Dick Tracy............
WU is horrible. They will freeze transactions and block users that send too frequently. They will call and ask the sender questions in an interrogation fashion that no one has commissioned them to perform. I have used Remitly for a long time now, they use gates of send amount limits that you can apply for. For upwards of 1000 dollars I would do my best to bank wire and not as a remittance

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They quote a $5000 USD limit but I think that's for domestic transfers(?). The $1500 transfer I made I got a message that it was being reviewed. A couple hours later I received a call with a lot of verification questions. The money was sent shortly after that. When I only sent $900. it went through immediately no problem.

A couple friends send money down here W.U. with no problem. There's frequently a long line of people at W.U. waiting to pick up money.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They quote a $5000 USD limit but I think that's for domestic transfers(?). The $1500 transfer I made I got a message that it was being reviewed. A couple hours later I received a call with a lot of verification questions. The money was sent shortly after that. When I only sent $900. it went through immediately no problem.

A couple friends send money down here W.U. with no problem. There's frequently a long line of people at W.U. waiting to pick up money.
So you have no problem being interrogated. The people you see are getting small amounts of money. Try sending $5,000 and see how you do.................

Reactions: Drperson

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So you have no problem being interrogated. The people you see are getting small amounts of money. Try sending $5,000 and see how you do.................

The ones I have used ( ria, rio, wise, etc...) have a sliding 30 day limit of 5 k$ equivalent.
After that they want 3 last bank statements as proof of funds.

They all require ID, at least the first time you use their services. That was not the case 10 years ago.

Europe based.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It was no big deal, took a couple minutes, and I wouldn't call it an interrogation. I've heard from others that they verify your info if you send more than $1000. I'm sure it will be the same if I send $5000. I don't need $5000, so no problem.

Reactions: reilleyp

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
It was no big deal, took a couple minutes, and I wouldn't call it an interrogation. I've heard from others that they verify your info if you send more than $1000. I'm sure it will be the same if I send $5000. I don't need $5000, so no problem.

A. Why would I expose myself to such things when right now am able to withdraw plenty of money from my USA located bank using my USA issued ATM Card at local banks ATM's for just $150.00 DOM Pesos fee per withdrawal?

1. No need for Xoom, they will kill you in feees and exchange
  2. The hell with Remitly - they will FBI the hell out of you with questions
  3. Western Union does an interrogation and hold your money, besides their fees are extremely high also
Today I got just about $2800 USD in local currency in the same fashion mentioned. I'll continue to get money at ATMs as outlined in step 'A" above.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Not sure Rick, I tried WU for the same amount and the fees were close to $40.00 USD