USA issued ATM highst DR Limits

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Jajaja

Someone believes he/she is the center of gravity - LOL

Go count the sand by heaps and then pound on it until exhausted...

Back to the issue:

I can withdraw up to 40K DOM Pesos in local ATMs without any foreign exchange nor any fees from my bank in the USA, the fee's for ATM usage are reimbursed and I can take up to 10K USD daily as per my USA Bank limits.

No need to go back and forth as I can withdraw the money all in one try.
Hey you're the one looking for help here, or did you just wake up and decide to bring all your personal money movement issues to this group of savvy motivated Popeye's fried chicken consumers :ROFLMAO:

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
I bet you have somehow offended the algorithm gods. There really is no way around it. It happened to me around 12 years ago. No rhyme or reason. I was in the USA at the time and did call them up. "It's a business decision." Which of course doesn't mean squat. So like you, they were dead to me. Then, a year or 2 later, presumably after a database flush, I tried again and voila! everything is both hunky and dory, peachy and keen. I've now been with them over 10 years. You'll just end up frustrating yourself if you try to understand it.

Spot on!

Thanks for your input

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
I have a Truist bank account. It used to be SunTrust which got was bought out by Truist.

I've moved some money to Schwab and will try to internationally wire it from there to the DR as you've mentioned that perhaps the service is free - will post my findings soon

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've moved some money to Schwab and will try to internationally wire it from there to the DR as you've mentioned that perhaps the service is free - will post my findings soon
From what I understand, it is only free from the Schwab brokerage account, but good luck. maybe it's free from Schwab Bank, also.
What bank have you linked your WU account with?

I tried BoA and Schwab; both a no go
The only possibilities I can think of are:

1. You're using a VPN
2. You're using a different device from when you originally registered.
3. Something in your original profile has changed. Maybe the debit card you initially registered has expired(?). New phone number or email address(?).

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
From what I understand, it is only free from the Schwab brokerage account, but good luck. maybe it's free from Schwab Bank, also.

The only possibilities I can think of are:

1. You're using a VPN
2. You're using a different device from when you originally registered.
3. Something in your original profile has changed. Maybe the debit card you initially registered has expired(?). New phone number or email address(?).

I understood you correctly from the start - I do have both, brokerage and checking with Schwab.

Some of my info with WU has changed over the years but that should have not triggered such responses, after all, I've linked all my bank accounts with them using their own system by means of username and password

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Interested to know which local bank allows the highest ATM withdrawal utilizing an USA bank issued ATM card?

In other words - I need to know which bank here in the DR allows me to take out the highest amount in Pesos from an ATM machine utilizing my USA Bank issued ATM card from my account in an USA Bank?

Thanks
This is old thread,but in zo,na colonial there is a atm machine from a savings and loan that will allow up to your card limit,I have taken as much as 80000 for 15 0 pesos

Reactions: Radical

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Not sure about the fees or exchange rate, but I deposit a big surplus into my credit card and can withdraw large amounts out of it from a teller at Santa Cruz Bank. Works great for people like me who are concerned about ATM fraud.

I am a Scotiabank customer but Scotiabank in the DR doesn't let me even talk to a teller there.

Reactions: Radical

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not sure about the fees or exchange rate, but I deposit a big surplus into my credit card and can withdraw large amounts out of it from a teller at Santa Cruz Bank. Works great for people like me who are concerned about ATM fraud.

I am a Scotiabank customer but Scotiabank in the DR doesn't let me even talk to a teller there.
That is because Scotiabank in the DR is a different bank than the one in Canada, both owned by the same umbrella company. Same for all DR banks that might somehow be related to banks in other countries, they all have separate rules.

I had never heard of depositing money into a credit card account for removal at a teller in the DR. How does that work exactly?

Reactions: cavok and JD Jones

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE

I'm assuming that you overpay your CC account creating a surplus and then do a cash advanced by withdrawing the over payment from an ATM here?

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Shwab is the way to go - only $15.00 fee for international wire for money coming out of my brokerage account

May I add that your bank here in the DR possibly would add a fee to receive the wire as well, shouldn't be more than $10 to $15 UDS - I was charged $15 at Schwab and $15 at the receiving bank in the DR; total of $30 USD for the wire

Reactions: cavok

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I'm assuming that you overpay your CC account creating a surplus and then do a cash advanced by withdrawing the over payment from an ATM here?
You are right about the first part but I withdraw from a teller.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I had never heard of depositing money into a credit card account for removal at a teller in the DR. How does that work exactly?
Overpay my credit card in Canada before my trip, then go to a teller at Santa Cruz and withdraw(100,000 peso limit I think) from the credit card.

I also travel with 2 different debit cards just in case.