Use time off to get the Covid booster this long weekend

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Vacuna-Influenza-Listin-Diario-e1637204442492.jpeg

People who have not received the Covid-19 booster shot should use the long weekend to get vaccinated. The shot is readily available at major vaccination centers nationwide.

Ministry of Public Health Resolution #69 mandates the booster shot will be needed to enter public places and use public transportation as of 31 January 2022.

The government vaccination data indicates that more than 5.7 million people of a target population of 7.8 million have received the first two shots, but only 1.6 million have received the booster shot. The vaccines are free in the Dominican Republic. There are around 1,400 vaccination centers and most offer the booster shot. The government recommends those that have received two Sinovac vaccines or two AstraZeneca vaccines to get a Pfizer booster. For those who have received two Pfizer shots, a Sinovac booster is recommended.

The...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
What if you had 2 Sinovac and 2 Pfizer way back when in the dawn of CV19?

I think I will make further vaccinations a "hard pass".
The government needs to back off.
People are tired of the fear mongering and the constant threats so they are starting to ignore the safety measures all together. One step forward, two steps backwards. I use public transport at least once a week and enter public spaces on a daily basis. NOT ONCE has anyone ever asked me for vax proof for either.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The government needs to back off.
People are tired of the fear mongering and the constant threats so they are starting to ignore the safety measures all together. One step forward, two steps backwards. I use public transport at least once a week and enter public spaces on a daily basis. NOT ONCE has anyone ever asked me for vax proof for either.
In December I was asked for a vax card at PriceSmart in San Isidro. I think they would have let me in but since my Haitian kid was with me they said no. So we went in thru the exit instead of the entrance and everything was fine. As with masks, it's all for show. Makes good theater.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What if you had 2 Sinovac and 2 Pfizer way back when in the dawn of CV19?

I think I will make further vaccinations a "hard pass".
They are referring to the third shot as the booster. I think you're good to go for now if you got the third "back then".

Big

Apr 24, 2019
had all shots including booster, got the ixnay after a positive test on attending an event stateside. Hugely inconvenient

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I was at jumbo last week, looking to send something through caribe express ...... They had a table set up with an ice-box and we're offering vaccination...... At least it got me a DR vacs card, which makes life at bit easier.

Reactions: Gadfly

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I was at jumbo last week, looking to send something through caribe express ...... They had a table set up with an ice-box and we're offering vaccination...... At least it got me a DR vacs card, which makes life at bit easier.
Were they accepting your out of town vax card prior to this?

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Were they accepting your out of town vax card prior to this?

Yes, but it's a QR code (EU pass ). Not that anybody checked for anything most of the time.

"Booster " shot will however, hopefully, get me out of self-quarantaine when I travel back to Europe for work. ie I can start working asap after getting off the plane.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If you had the virus and beat it, as so many have, be it either Alpha, Beta or Omicron - then ignore all demands for more shots, as they are self-defeating to your immune system.
The UK and Mexico just reversed crippling mandates so maybe let's watch them for a couple months and behold things won't be worse, most likely much better
The era of Fauci worship has ended

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They are referring to the third shot as the booster. I think you're good to go for now if you got the third "back then".
Not according to Pfizer and the experts. Their duration is short. And so is any "immunity" even if you had been infected.
All short term. I am surprised anyone would suggest otherwise if you watch MSM.

That is why, CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay.

• Sad
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I still get carded. Tuesday’s Listín Diario said starting Feb 1 it’ll be necessary to show a third shot on your vax card to access public places. I’m not due for my 3rd (booster) until end of March. Gonna be a Showdown

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

malko

Jan 12, 2013
I have 2 Pfizer shots, for the booster the goverm. here recommended the sinovac, but can I enter in Europe with this one?

I have 2 Pfizer from Europe, and just got a Pfizer booster in the DR---; at least that's what the little cardboard they gave me says, idc, as long as it counts for my EU pass.