Using A Shipper as Your Permanent Address in The USA

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
Six years with BM Cargo - no problem.
have you used BMCargo lately? wonder if I'm just having bad luck/bad timing.. they don't respond on social media, they don't answer their phone, don't respond to email, saw the office was locked up when I drove through sosua a few weeks ago. been 2 1/2 months now and packages are still showing as in receiving.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
have you used BMCargo lately? wonder if I'm just having bad luck/bad timing.. they don't respond on social media, they don't answer their phone, don't respond to email, saw the office was locked up when I drove through sosua a few weeks ago. been 2 1/2 months now and packages are still showing as in receiving.

Don't know about Sosua but down here in Boca Chica no problemas. They're very responsive.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Yes. Just picked up some packages last week at their Sosua branch. I generally get packages every week or two. I buy a lot of things on eBay and Amazon.

They always answer the phone and/or emails I send to the branch office. The Sosua branch closes at 4pm during the week and I don't think they're open on Saturday(?).

Try sending and email to Melodie Brugal at: mbrugal@bmcargo.com or call 809-571-4376

Reactions: csteinwand

ejl293

May 29, 2012
Quick question? BMCargo is the shipping/receiving business in the back of the Texaco station in Sosua?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I am confused with some of the posts above that use the words "official address". Is that an address you want to be" associated" with for mail? Or an address for receiving "official" notices such as taxes, drivers license renewals, things that are are "official"? I am not being snarky as this is a very important question having to do with "where do you "domicile"? This can severely impact your piggy bank and your time cleaning up the mess you left behind at some later point. Just saying. Carry on.
For me "official" is where I legally reside.
Taxes, voter registration, credit checks...ect.

Reactions: johne

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Quick question? BMCargo is the shipping/receiving business in the back of the Texaco station in Sosua?
the one at the texaco station is pick n send. BM cargo is in the same plaza as the ednorte office is just past the lights on the north side.

Reactions: ejl293

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
To clarify: it's my sister's address in Massachusetts. It's my billing address for credit cards, bank, etc. I have noticed that all of the courier companies seem to be based in the same part of FL, either Doral or Miami, and within blocks of each other, same zip code. So to use that as a residence address would certainly set off red flags, if only because I'm reasonably sure that zip code is not zoned for residential use. (Remember zoning? Sigh.)

As far as using the physical address of the courier svc here is concerned, I tried to get a new passport sent to their offices (I use EPS in Sosua on Pedro Clisante) because I was afraid I might not be home when the passport arrived, and let's just say it didn't fly with the US Embassy.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I use physicaladdress.com in orlando florida as my mailing address.. not sure about legality, but we'll see if I can get the documents in order to get a drivers license using that address.

bad experience with BMCargo, would not trust them with any mail or packages.. will never receive them.

I will probably end up renting a room somewhere in florida to make it official and get out of paying mn state taxes

Do you pay taxes in Minnesota because you have a legal residence there?

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
Do you pay taxes in Minnesota because you have a legal residence there?
It is my understanding that to pay taxes in MN you must reside in MN for 6 months + 1 day. So I'm not sure.. I have been paying taxes in MN up until the move to the DR.
If I'm not living there, I'm not paying taxes there, kinda fed up with Gov Walz and all that's going on in that state.. So whatever I need to do to make that possible, I will do and am exploring my options

Yes. Just picked up some packages last week at their Sosua branch. I generally get packages every week or two. I buy a lot of things on eBay and Amazon.

They always answer the phone and/or emails I send to the branch office. The Sosua branch closes at 4pm during the week and I don't think they're open on Saturday(?).

Try sending and email to Melodie Brugal at: mbrugal@bmcargo.com or call 809-571-4376

BM Cargo finally got back to me, apparently an issue in their system where they had me receiving packages in Miami, so they fixed it. Guess you just have to know who to get a hold of.. Thanks