Vaccination Passports will have new priority because of this

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
If only one person in the world who is full vaccinated can carry the virus to others, there will be justification for everyone to be tested each time they want to fly, take a cruise, go to a baseball game etc. This can go on forever and ever and that is a long time.
this pandemic did start with one infected person.

Reactions: Russell

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
this pandemic did start with one infected person.
Something I mention all the time.

Now that the CDC has stated they really don't know if vaccinated people can carry the virus, the combination of both being vaccinated and having a recent test in order to do anything the powers that be deem necessary, there will be a "whole lot of testing going on" since CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. Of course each company and country or union thereof is free to act differently causing chaos.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
From dying & being hospitalized ..... less hospital use.... less severe virus cases

Yes JDJ.... right

and ALL are 100% on that

Reactions: Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
You may be right, strictly on US soil, but...if the country you are attempting to travel to declares that one must have proof of vaccination, and specifies the vaccines it believes are adequate, then you're screwed. Those without proof or who are getting questionable vaccines, Russian, Chinese and perhaps others like Astra Zeneca may be refused entry, at the plane level or at customs and be turned around at their cost. That I would place a wager on ;) and I'm in favor of it.
In Canada the Prime Minister stated several times to take the first vaccine available to you. It would be difficult for them to deny the Chinese vaccine even though there are serious Diplomatic challenges between the two Nations. This affects RD since many Canadians living here presently have taken the Chinese Vaccine.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I have to address this matter from a simple yet true position. We are told to wash our hands to avoid spreading the disease or for that matter contacting it.
So if I am in a group of people and they are shaking hands, and I am vaccinated, but shake the hand of a COVID19 carrier then shake the hand of someone who has not yet been immunized... It is possible I can spread the disease .... I am sure the intent of the vaccine is not to kill the virus upon contact.... but to strengthen the immune system of the one whom was vaccinated ... that tells me that I could be a carrier.....
At least that is my uneducated opinion.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I'm not a doctor but some play them.:cool: Vaccine passports will not happen in the states for health privacy and constitutional reasons. They will be challenged in court up to the SCOTUS whether or not it is government or corporate conceived. 🐑
Guess you won’t be flying out of US then...

• Haha
Reactions: ALLOR925
Right. Airlines, cruise ships and the NY Yankees notwithstanding.

It isn't the government that will enforce this, it is private businesses to avoid the massive potential liability claims if they don't.
Most businesses are currently using public notices that both entering or utilization of their business is at your own risk and they are not liable for any transmission of the disease.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Hmmm... Didn't have a problem flying to the RD this last trip, only problem was complying with U.S. re-entry spending funds to get an Antigen test.
That was today tomorrow is another day..writing is on the walls..even in Braille;)

Jan 9, 2004
That was today tomorrow is another day..writing is on the walls..even in Braille;)
Yes, the writing is on the wall...........update your news feed.

There will be no vaccine passport required (proof of vaccination) by the largest provider of tourists to the DR.............and on the flip side, the DR will likely never make them mandatory, at least not if they want their tourist industry to survive;

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...se-rules-out-involvement-in-vaccine-passports

As ALLOR925 pointed out, negative tests to enter will remain for the foreseeable future, but a vaccine passport requirement with proof of vaccination will not be needed or required.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: ALLOR925

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

There will be no vaccine passport required (proof of vaccination) by the largest provider of tourists to the DR.............and on the flip side, the DR will likely never make them mandatory, at least not if they want their tourist industry to survive;

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...se-rules-out-involvement-in-vaccine-passports

As ALLOR925 pointed out, negative tests to enter will remain for the foreseeable future, but a vaccine passport requirement with proof of vaccination will not be needed or required.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
yes the goverment here is very aware of how important the survival of the tourist industry is........

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Awe how cute you think world revolves around US politics..we all know they did great job during pandemic ..

Reactions: TropicalPaul
Jan 9, 2004
Awe how cute you think world revolves around US politics..we all know they did great job during pandemic ..
The post was in reference to DR tourism, its largest source of tourists and vaccination passports.

How "cute" and so utterly obvious of you to try and make it something else.

Pull up your pants, your real agenda is showing.

And do update your news feed lol.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro and Big

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I dont see what is the problem, maybe to call it passport instead of vaccination card make people scared, for example to fly into Bazil you must take the yellow fever inmunitation before arrival and show the health card to prove it, and travelers to Brazil from USA only where afected and decreased when Brazil started to asked for stamped visa to USA. So I dont see where is the problem to have something that says you are viccinated. Maybe people is scared after this to be mandatory to be vaccinated to take a plane, enter to stadium, go to University, etc. I think thats the real problem with the people now.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The current 'pause' on vaccines will only woresen the 'anti-vax' problem

I'm glad I'm done...... and yes, for you you naysayers...
I have lived to tell the tale

I wish you all well - good health - as we go forward together!!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
The current 'pause' on vaccines will only woresen the 'anti-vax' problem

I'm glad I'm done...... and yes, for you you naysayers...
I have lived to tell the tale

I wish you all well - good health - as we go forward together!!
Im turning 48 years soon, already had covid 19 in Feb 2021, was mild, guess Im lucky as my blood type is A+, Already in the list waitting for my turn to make the appoiment to get my shot. Lets see wich one I will get. Glad to hear you are done, some of my family also are done and nothing happend to them.