Vaccinations for both legal residents and illegal aliens in the DR - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I fall into the phase II group so am waiting to hear 1) Can I get the vaccine? 2) Where do I have to go to get vaccinated? What documentation do I need to establish that I have comorbidities and provide to receive the vaccination? Will I need to arrange this through a doctor or do I just show up at a designated vaccination site. It's fine to say that I should be able to get a shot between May and July but more specifics are needed to actually accomplish the mission and I don't know where those specifics are/will be detailed. I am hoping that any clinic will be sufficiently close to home to not to require much travel. I assume everyone else in my town who is also in Phase II will also be served locally. Waiting and hoping that the specifics trickle down to me well enough in advance that I don't inadvertently miss my opportunity - Praying by then that it will not be the Chinese vaccine that is being offered.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I fall into the phase II group so am waiting to hear 1) Can I get the vaccine? 2) Where do I have to go to get vaccinated? What documentation do I need to establish that I have comorbidities and provide to receive the vaccination? Will I need to arrange this through a doctor or do I just show up at a designated vaccination site. It's fine to say that I should be able to get a shot between May and July but more specifics are needed to actually accomplish the mission and I don't know where those specifics are/will be detailed. I am hoping that any clinic will be sufficiently close to home to not to require much travel. I assume everyone else in my town who is also in Phase II will also be served locally. Waiting and hoping that the specifics trickle down to me well enough in advance that I don't inadvertently miss my opportunity - Praying by then that it will not be the Chinese vaccine that is being offered.
I am sure more specifics will be available before your timeframe happens. I am either in Phase one-2, or 4. I am 64, and have had a Quad bypass and have heart damage. I , fortunately am also a citizen. My voting station is less than a five minute walk from my house. The best thing about waiting is you will probably not get the Chinese vaccine.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
johnson and johnson vaccine will be approved in a few days,and it can be stored in a regular refridgerator, one jab is 72% effective in Preventing covid... yes thats preventing....and 82% effective against the south african strain...that preventing...and 100% effective against covid related hospitizations and deaths,, and also means preventing......covax program will ship about 2 billion doses to developing countries, and has already started along with needles..info, from NBC nightly news broadcast with Lester Holt..feb, 24th, 2021.....Developing countries, that means maybe the DR.........

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
johnson and johnson vaccine will be approved in a few days,and it can be stored in a regular refridgerator, one jab is 72% effective in Preventing covid... yes thats preventing....and 82% effective against the south african strain...that preventing...and 100% effective against covid related hospitizations and deaths,, and also means preventing......covax program will ship about 2 billion doses to developing countries, and has already started along with needles..info, from NBC nightly news broadcast with Lester Holt..feb, 24th, 2021.....Developing countries, that means maybe the DR.........
But, they are way behind in production on this vaccine, unfortunately.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The vaccinations, it was clearly announced, will be at the local polling places. Not, at least so far, at any local clinics.

When you can get it? TBD as to exact dates. Some time May or later.

Will it be the Chinese Sinovac? Could be.

By the way, phase 2 is:

Phase II is scheduled for May to July 2021 and encompasses an additional 1.2 million people. It will cover those 50-59 years with comorbidities first and those 50-59 years.

Phase II is worded ambiguously enough that it might mean people from 50-59 .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Per DR1 news translation today, March 2, foreigners will be eligible for vaccinations according to the same phase schedule as Dominicans with CEDULAS if said foreigners have permanent residency permits.

I have lived in the D.R. for 12 years. Now that I've sold my condo in CA, I'm here for life. Given that I want a vaccine ASAP I'm investigating residency. I know that the web portal is migracion.gob.do but this is for applications for permanent residency status only. Before applying here, you need to have "Ordinary Temporary Residence," to quote the phrase of immigration.

How do I obtain that? And for those who have done so, how much $ and how long? The best scenario, for me, would be an online site in English.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
There will be nothing ASAP about this process. You need to gather a bunch of documents from your home country and get a residency visa in your passport from the DR embassy in that country as well. Best to consult an reputable immigration lawyer here in the DR for the best way to go about doing this and getting good answers for all your questions. Good luck.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Per DR1 news translation today, March 2, foreigners will be eligible for vaccinations according to the same phase schedule as Dominicans with CEDULAS if said foreigners have permanent residency permits.

I have lived in the D.R. for 12 years. Now that I've sold my condo in CA, I'm here for life. Given that I want a vaccine ASAP I'm investigating residency. I know that the web portal is migracion.gob.do but this is for applications for permanent residency status only. Before applying here, you need to have "Ordinary Temporary Residence," to quote the phrase of immigration.

How do I obtain that? And for those who have done so, how much $ and how long? The best scenario, for me, would be an online site in English.
Good luck with collecting the documents they require from back home and getting them apostiled stamped in a timely manner during the new normal.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

It all starts in the Dominican Embassy in your home country. You have to go there with the proper documents and get the proper visa to start the residency process and it will take many months to complete it. There is no fast way to do it. You'd be better off getting the vaccine there while you are at it.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
It is truly evil for me to be having a little giggle at all these people who have filled up pages and pages and pages of posts on DR1 saying how it makes no sense to get residency now saying "sh!t I wish I'd done something about my residency"?

Reactions: melphis and PCMike

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
The DR news has stated that the vaccinations the DR government will do for free is for citizens with cedulas.
Vaccinations will be done at voting locations throughout the country.

Yes, legal residents have cedulas but they cannot vote. And more importantly, legal residents with non-voting cedulas were not mentioned in the DR news
as being people who would be included in the free government vaccination plan.

Hence my original post about legal residents (and illegal aliens) and their ability to be vaccinated in the DR.
I received my vaccination in Santiago, Union Medico......I merely completedn a simple form presented my ceula and was injected without comment or question.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I received my vaccination in Santiago, Union Medico......I merely completedn a simple form presented my ceula and was injected without comment or question.
Congratulations, what brand vaccine was given?

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
It is truly evil for me to be having a little giggle at all these people who have filled up pages and pages and pages of posts on DR1 saying how it makes no sense to get residency now saying "sh!t I wish I'd done something about my residency"?
I know of people in my area whom are not legal residents who received the vaccine on Fruday past based upon the presentation of a passport. And at no cost.
A very responsible move by government since to ignore them is asking for a new wave of covid. Just my opinion, of course.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I know of people in my area whom are not legal residents who received the vaccine on Fruday past based upon the presentation of a passport. And at no cost.
A very responsible move by government since to ignore them is asking for a new wave of covid. Just my opinion, of course.
I agree and have always believed that the present government will vaccinate anyone who presents them selves.....it is in their own interest to do so if you are in the country

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I'm sure you are familiar with the word manana aren't you?
This is when they will start vaccinating the folks don't have
citizenship down here so relax, enjoy your day and remember...
the more things change, the more they stay the same around here.
Sometimes one has to run very fast to stay in the same place(the Red Quee

• Haha
Reactions: cavok and CristoRey
Status
Not open for further replies.