Vaccinations for both legal residents and illegal aliens in the DR - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sometimes one has to run very fast to stay in the same place(the Red Quee
I'm with jinty on this one. Just show up. If they ask for proof of citizenship tell them you were told you wouldn't need to bring it with you to get vaccinated. I'd be surprised if they refused to poke ya.

Reactions: Gadfly

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I'm with jinty on this one. Just show up. If they ask for proof of citizenship tell them you were told you wouldn't need to bring it with you to get vaccinated. I'd be surprised if they refused to poke ya.
I just posted this on another thread. A worker at a site went to jail for vaccinating someone under 70. I would not count on doing the above .

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I just posted this on another thread. A worker at a site went to jail for vaccinating someone under 70. I would not count on doing the above .
Wow. I honestly had no idea there is an age requirement at this point in time. Perhaps this will change soon.

If you don't mind me asking, what criminal charge has the worker been charged with?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Wow. I honestly had no idea there is an age requirement at this point in time. Perhaps this will change soon.

If you don't mind me asking, what has the worker been charged with?
How would I know? She went to jail, that is all I know. Was on the news on a DR station.

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
How would I know? She went to jail, that is all I know. Was on the news on a DR station.
Gotta remember that old saying my friend: Don't believe anything you hear and half of what you see.

Reactions: PCMike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The newscast said she was arrested for taking money from someone not eligible for the vaccine. That is all I know.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This week they are vaccinating people 60 and over and I am 100% certain of this in Puerto Plata.

Perhaps the person vaccinated was under 60 that caused a problem

Appointments can now be made under certain circumstances:

Alejandra

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2016
The DR news has stated that the vaccinations the DR government will do for free is for citizens with cedulas.
Vaccinations will be done at voting locations throughout the country.

Yes, legal residents have cedulas but they cannot vote. And more importantly, legal residents with non-voting cedulas were not mentioned in the DR news
as being people who would be included in the free government vaccination plan.

Hence my original post about legal residents (and illegal aliens) and their ability to be vaccinated in the DR.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I Luperon no proof of cedula required. You can show passport and get the shot...i know many who have done just that... no questions asked.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Well - I have temp residence. Only needed to show my cedula for the jab in Puerta Plata

Reactions: Russell
Status
Not open for further replies.