Vaccinations for both legal residents and illegal aliens in the DR - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Well - I have temp residence. Only needed to show my cedula for the jab in Puerta Plata
This is the DR. One place you need one thing, another no. People have got the shot with just a passport also. Pays to shop around here.

Reactions: Russell

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And more illegal aliens as well as anyone legal and 60+ can get it now at three locations near or in Sosua that are vaccinating, City Hall is one, I think across from the Texaco is another and some place in La Union.

I know of several Gringo's whom were vaccinated and they are all overstay non residents...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
And more illegal aliens as well as anyone legal and 60+ can get it now at three locations near or in Sosua that are vaccinating, City Hall is one, I think across from the Texaco is another and some place in La Union.

Yes, they are vaccinating at the City Hall in Sosua and also at the other two locations I just got back from getting mine at the City Hall. A disaster.Because it was to start at 8 I got there about 7:30 and found hundreds of people already there, many of them trying to find the person giving out numbers. I lucked out and got 121, but didn't get my vaccination until 2 pm. When I left there was more than 100 waiting their turn. I am told the other two places were just as bad.

They were not prepared. Too many people and not enough nurses. Another hold up was the process of copying the information onto the vaccination card after you got your vaccination. That took about 20 minutes or more.

The people getting vaccinated today go back April 7 for the second.

I am hoping it is possible to take the card to P:uerto Plata and get the second there. It is said they are much better organized there

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Ken, sorry to disappoint, the q&a sheet stays where you got the 1st shot & they update that file with the 2nd shot id info.When we got ours in Jamao ,we were told we must return there for the 2nd for the above stated reason

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
To make matters worse I hear they ran out of syringes later in the afternoon at City hall. Apparently they found a solution. I assume everyone who went was successful but I don't know from first hand observations. I was surprised to learn the clinic took place outside. Rain would have been a disaster. But better outside with all those people than cramming them into a building.

Reactions: Russell

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken, sorry to disappoint, the q&a sheet stays where you got the 1st shot & they update that file with the 2nd shot id info.When we got ours in Jamao ,we were told we must return there for the 2nd for the above stated reason
Yes, sorry to hear that

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I know this has been discussed before, but I don't understand why vaccine is given to people with a passport and not a cedula. i saw a number of people using passports from other countries today.

Part of the time I sat next to a friend who is a citizen but also lives in Canada. She said maybe they are Canadians who can't get the vaccine in their own country since there doesn't seem to be enough for everyone there.

The article someone posted about Canada giving the second injection 4 months after the first so everyone gets at least one seems to support that.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here's an interesting article on receiving the vaccine..... the emotional reaction to it.

Normal problems , we can just push back in our minds sometimes..... will them away
Not so with this one !
You are reminded every time you must put on a mask, wash your hands, etc
It's omnipresent.......

I had a giddy feeling after getting the shot-
either from relief after finally doing something concrete & positive to help my self
or from beating the system by finding a 'quick fix' to get the vaccine.

That giddiness is explained in this article-

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I can understand how being vaccinated can result in in a feeling of relief. It is the first concrete action one can take to mitigate the effect of this disease. Masks and distance are important both before and after the injection but the belief that catching Covid-19 can be less serious after vaccination should provide some degree of comfort to many people.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Just another way to discriminate against the haitians. They have no passport or cedula.
IMHO that viewpoint of discrimination is flawed. At the very least accept the FACT that we live in a society of laws.
(at least here and the home countries of the majority of members of this forum, do we not?)

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Just another way to discriminate against the haitians. They have no passport or cedula.

So in your words, the failure of their own government to supply it for them somehow becomes discriminatory from our part?

The vaccination certificates are legal tender in all countries. We can’t just take your word for your name.

Reactions: windeguy

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
So in your words, the failure of their own government to supply it for them somehow becomes discriminatory from our part?

The vaccination certificates are legal tender in all countries. We can’t just take your word for your name.
Yes warming my laser printer now...legal tender lololol ok not worth paper it written on ..they better come up with better encryption then tell rest of world so they can all follow suit...

Reactions: PICHARDO

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
That isn't discrimination, plus lots of Haitians have cedulas or passports. We have a approximately 20 Haitian children in our school, everyone them has a parent or parents with passports. When I did my citizenship ceremony there were about 10 Haitians out of the 90 people getting citizenship. Either way there is nothing discriminatory against people that should be in their own country, and yes it is their government job to supply them with papers.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
That isn't discrimination, plus lots of Haitians have cedulas or passports. We have a approximately 20 Haitian children in our school, everyone them has a parent or parents with passports. When I did my citizenship ceremony there were about 10 Haitians out of the 90 people getting citizenship. Either way there is nothing discriminatory against people that should be in their own country, and yes it is their government job to supply them with papers.
If the plan is to stop the virus
you vaccinate everyone who will roll up their sleeve and hope you get enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.