Vaccinations surpass 50% in 10 provinces

Jan 9, 2004
The vaccines used in the DR have all been approved by the WHO ,the EU and a host of other countries which makes them on the same playing field as all the vaccines that were so successfully used against former horrible diseases. But I really do not care much about arguing whether one province has 50 or 70% or whether a person arguing against the vaccine. The authorities here in the DR have done a wonderful job of providing the vaccine in a huge number of different locations and have also promoted the vaccine, the masks and the social distancing extremely well.
Point of clarification.

The current group of vaccines, including, Si No Vac, have been recently cleared for emergency use authorization only. They are all still awaiting full approval from the WHO/FDA/EMA, etc.

The vaccines you mentioned in your earlier post had all been fully approved before use.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Not true but waste of time arguing .. countries did not wait in the past for all the years necessary to get the final WHO approval .. and at present according to WEPA more than 90 countries approve Sinovac,. 199 countries are vaccinating in a programme started in Dec 2020 ,,WHO has a list of vaccines that are on their list to use,albeit on the first step.

Jan 9, 2004
Not true but waste of time arguing .. countries did not wait in the past for all the years necessary to get the final WHO approval .. and at present according to WEPA more than 90 countries approve Sinovac,. 199 countries are vaccinating in a programme started in Dec 2020 ,,WHO has a list of vaccines that are on their list to use,albeit on the first step.
Not worth arguing on this we can agree.

Many of the vaccines you mention took years to be approved….and many were approved long before the WHO came into existence.

The first step, as you mention, is emergency use authorization. The next step is full approval. No COVID vaccines are currently fully approved…..and that is what many believe will be a catalyst for more people to get vaccinated.

Until then all the COVID vaccines are still considered to be in an experimental status approved for emergency use.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
So why is the CDC telling everyone to mask up if vaccinated now ?

Well turns out the CDC (although Fraud Fauci probably won't say it) is that vaccinated people have become the super spreaders of the Delta strain:

And you can be sure there will be a epsilon and gamma variant coming next spring to inure politics are played till the bitter end.

Time to lift all restrictions and let natural immunities defeat this virus

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

In the Dominican Republic four million already have two doses​

salud-publica-recomienda-continuar-con-el-toque-de-queda.jpeg

Now time for the "experts" with ZERO evidence of any kind to tell us they KNOW this is wrong...............

Santo Domingo, DR.
On Tuesday, the Minister of Public Health, Daniel Rivera, called on the population to be vaccinated, taking into account that the resurgences in other countries are of the unauthorized population.
According to the official, these outbreaks in unauthorized populations “is a sign of the importance of continuing to strengthen vaccination programs.”
The doctor revealed that the country reached 4 million Dominicans with the two doses of the vaccine against Covid-19.
He added that the Dominican Republic is one of the countries that currently have the lowest fatality rate due to COVID, with a rate of 1.16%
According to figures offered by Rivera, currently, about three hundred and four thousand people have the booster vaccine, and 9.8 million of the inoculant have been applied in the country.
He also called on people to help doctors, “with the vaccine you help doctors because doctors are tired and exhausted and you have to let those health personnel rest.”

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No arguments that the DR did the best it could providing vaccines. Si No Vac is probably a whole lot better than No Vac for most people.
Now Pfizer is easily available. They both seem to prevent serious illness and death for all but a small number of breakthrough infections.
They may not protect against those being vaccinated from being able to spread the new Delta variant according to my home country's experts.

I completely disagree that any Province in the DR (not just towns like Bavaro or Punta Cana where nearly everyone works at a resort and has been mandated to be vaccinated or not have a job) has reached 70% of fully vaccinated residents. There are around 350,000 people in Altagracia. Do they all work for AI resorts?

With 50% vaccination rates in the DR, along with such low numbers of people currently being vaccinated, I don't see any provinces actually reaching 70% fully vaccinated any time soon. Hence the pleas for more to be vaccinated.

But I do see the government dropping the curfews anyway. Sosua news had a story stating the curfews would be over in Sosua (which would mean Puerto Plata in its entirety) at the end of July just a couple of days from now. Anyone able to confirm that?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Hard Rock is one of 150+ hotels in PC. There are approximately 2,500 workers there all the time. Almost all live in Higuey which of course is part of Altagracia. True HR is one of the largest, but no AI is small. You can do the math yourself................

Another case of someone that has never set foot in PC knowing more than any official figures with NO evidence............

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hard Rock is one of 150+ hotels in PC. There are approximately 2,500 workers there all the time. Almost all live in Higuey which of course is part of Altagracia. True HR is one of the largest, but no AI is small. You can do the math yourself................

Another case of someone that has never set foot in PC knowing more than any official figures with NO evidence............
I may never set foot there, but that is just me. One does not need to live there to understand how many people are vaccinated there or anywhere else in the world. One just needs precise, accurate and reliable information. Your trust in the DR government over something so valuable (as in those very important tourist $$$$) is to be commended.

Now:

Understood that AI hotel workers have to be fully vaccinated or they can stay home. Job 1 from day 1 of the pandemic was to get AI resorts back to as full occupancy as possible. If just about everyone in Altagracia works at a place that requires vaccinations, then it is certainly possible that at least 70% of those 350,000 people are vaccinated. Around 350,000 thousand is the best estimate I could find but it is based upon very dated census data.

Since you know for certain and can provide an unbiased documented source:

How many people currently live in Altagracia? Since you live there, you have certainly counted them, correct?

How many people that live in Altagracia are vaccinated fully? Since you live there, you also counted them as well, correct?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
YOU are the one having to prove that these numbers are not accurate. You have nothing but your opinion from 6 hours away. No evidence, link, or anything else. These numbers come from vaccine sites as people are vaccinated. Give us some evidence OTHER than an opinion. You make a serious allegation with NOTHING to back it up. PROVE IT..............

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
YOU are the one having to prove that these numbers are not accurate. You have nothing but your opinion from 6 hours away. No evidence, link, or anything else. These numbers come from vaccine sites as people are vaccinated. Give us some evidence OTHER than an opinion. You make a serious allegation with NOTHING to back it up. PROVE IT..............
You believe the government numbers are accurate. Not me. As I mentioned, "being there" has little to do with the accuracy of government numbers, in case you missed that point. Unless, SKY, you were the one counting the number of vaccinated and performing an accurate current census.

It is what it is. They, whose Job 1 is to encourage tourism at AI resorts, wanted Alta Gracia open ASAP and now it is. It is also time for all of the DR to reopen and let the chips fall where they may. That is how I see things from my personal point of view.

All of this, In my opinion, of course.

When does POP Province reopen fully? I had seen on Sosua News it would be August 1, but cannot find anything to confirm this.

Jan 9, 2004
You believe the government numbers are accurate. Not me. As I mentioned, "being there" has little to do with the accuracy of government numbers, in case you missed that point. Unless, SKY, you were the one counting the number of vaccinated and performing an accurate current census.

It is what it is. They, whose Job 1 is to encourage tourism at AI resorts, wanted Alta Gracia open ASAP and now it is. It is also time for all of the DR to reopen and let the chips fall where they may. That is how I see things from my personal point of view.

All of this, In my opinion, of course.

When does POP Province reopen fully? I had seen on Sosua News it would be August 1, but cannot find anything to confirm this.
Just a few short days ago we were told it was 99.9% for Bavaro/Punta Cana.........when in actuality the story said 99.9% for Altagracia.............neither of which most believe, whether they live there or 6 hours or 60 hours away.

Official statistics no less.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: windeguy

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Was in Nacional grocery store, in Santiago yesterday....They were giving out jabs of a American vaccine, asked me if I wanted one, and where you are from and if you are a resident or citizen or tourist...not a problem was for anybody..........

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
SKY why do you bother ?? Once a mule digs his feet in etc.
He bothers because he won't admit to the possibility of being wrong because the government wants Altagracia open no matter what.
That is my best guess and I am sticking with it as to why he bothers....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You can bet a 3rd jab and the big push to vaccinate children under 12 is coming and why?

Not only that. 70% vaccination won't be enough for herd immunity since even the vaccinated can pass on the Delta India Bravo variant which throws a whole new "variation" into the CV19 dance card:

Vaccinated people can spread the Delta variant of the coronavirus, new CDC research shows. The findings underscore the need both for prevention measures, such as mask-wearing, and widespread inoculations. The shots remain the best defense against severe illness and death.
THE WASHINGTON POST arrow