Vaccine card needed to use public transport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just heard on the radio, but didn't catch all the details, that proof of vaccination is needed to get on OMSA, Metro and perhaps other public transport methods.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I just took Caribe Tours from Santiago to the capital and the Boca Chica guagua home an hour ago. Was not mentioned and I don't have a vax.

As an aside, one of the McDonalds employees in Santiago had a face shield and a mask. I was oh so impressed.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just took Caribe Tours from Santiago to the capital and the Boca Chica guagua home an hour ago. Was not mentioned and I don't have a vax.

As an aside, one of the McDonalds employees in Santiago had a face shield and a mask. I was oh so impressed.
The information I heard was in a news report today. Still trying to find a print version.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Still here say, but this Dominican must have heard what I just heard:

Terri Thompson Nelson
One of our Dominican friends who lives in the US now posted that public transport will require proof of vaccination as of Monday or no rides. Said they’re also pushing for hotels to decline people who aren’t vaccinated. I guess we’ll see.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So far, I think it is just the Senate asking the President for this to happen:

The Senate asks the President for mandatory vaccination to enter public and private sites​

el-senado-pide-al-presidente-vacuna-obligatoria-para-entrar-a-los-sitios-publicos-y-privados.jpeg

The senators' decision seeks to motivate people to get vaccinated against the coronavirus.

It asks that those who are not vaccinated be prohibited from entering food outlets, banks, restaurants, and the use of public transport.​

Santo Domingo, DR
The Senate of the Republic approved a resolution requesting the President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, to prohibit the entrance to public and private places to people who have not been vaccinated against Covid-19.
The initiative, authored by Senators Dionis Sánchez, Antonio Marte, and Eddy Nolasco, was intended to be heard in the next session. Still, at the request of the spokesperson of the People’s Force in the Senate, it was agreed to place it on Tuesday’s agenda.
Specifically, what the resolution requests is “to prohibit the entrance to places of public and private services, food vending spaces, banks, restaurants, the use of public transportation and other places that imply the agglomeration of men and women, to people who are not inoculated with the Covid-19 vaccine, in order to preserve the collective health and the public good.”
Within its recitals, the resolution argues that “in spite of the constant efforts of the State, there has been a resistance of the people to be vaccinated, which has prevented a faster coverage of the 7,800,000 people who deserve, as a priority, to be vaccinated.”
It also states that thanks to the powers granted by the state of emergency, the Republic’s President can suspend the exercise of the right to free transit, association, and assembly.
This Tuesday, the senator of the Santiago Rodriguez province, Antonio Marte, favored making vaccination against the coronavirus compulsory while warning that he will prevent the use of his companies’ transportation services to those who do not prove their vaccination against the Covid-19.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For one company so far, whichever one Antonio Marte owns:

This Tuesday, the senator of the Santiago Rodriguez province, Antonio Marte, favored making vaccination against the coronavirus compulsory while warning that he will prevent the use of his companies’ transportation services to those who do not prove their vaccination against the Covid-19.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This may be the response for not being able to mandate vaccinations

We'll mandate the rest of your life....

Personally, I'm not affected......

But we have all been aware that a two-tier society will be coming.... Israel started it

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
On 31st May I received a video showing a news item stating that CONATRA would not allow unvaccinated passengers from the second week of June. It was on WhatsApp, but unfortunately I deleted it so I can't share it now.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
On 31st May I received a video showing a news item stating that CONATRA would not allow unvaccinated passengers from the second week of June. It was on WhatsApp, but unfortunately I deleted it so I can't share it now.
That sounds exactly like what I heard on the news report today. Here is what I found on that:

Dominican Republic News The # 1 Blog for Dominicans See beet's profile on Facebook See beet's profile on Twitter See beet's profile on Instagram Menu Skip to content home News Dominican Republic International Tourism home News Dominican Republic International Tourism CONATRA | They will only accept vaccinated drivers and passengers May 29, 2021 by JC Bus drivers of the National Transport Confederation (Conatra) and the entity's staff that have contact with the public who do not get vaccinated before June 10, will be suspended until they present the inoculation certification against Covid-19, according to its president Antonio Marte.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Just heard on the radio, but didn't catch all the details, that proof of vaccination is needed to get on OMSA, Metro and perhaps other public transport methods.

Not sure which one will affect you harder between these two:

1. Overstaying with a visa

or

2. The newly found it craziness with "mandatory vaccinations and proof of it?"

Whatever makes you happy .....

Reactions: Big

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
I'll take "new found craziness" for 200 Alex.
(RIP)

I'll add a new choice:

1. My COVID-19 Shot Record has the Salu Publica stamp.

That would do it!

I dare anyone to post anything official that states that a "Vaccine card is needed to use public transport" as labeled on this OP.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I'll add a new choice:

That would do it!

I dare anyone to post anything official that states that a "Vaccine card is needed to use public transport" as labeled on this OP.
I doubt it would be on any official government sites. I believe it is ordered by the CONATRA union. First their drivers had to be vaccinated, and then the passengers couldn't ride without the vaccine.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
He does not own any transport company. He is a syndicalist , head of transport union comprised of hundreds smaller transport syndicates.
Oh, he owns one all right. A couple of taxi companies too. Many of the public cars on the road are his and rented to drivers who pay daily rent.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'll add a new choice:

That would do it!

The pendulum is definitely starting to swing in that direction.

Passengers who want to use Conatra transport must be vaccinated, says Antonio Marte​

The senator of the province Santiago Rodríguez, Antonio Marte, warned that he will prohibit entering the vehicles of his transport company to people who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19.

The president of Conatra also said that all his drivers have been vaccinated and that he will require users who want to use the services of their vehicles proof that they were inoculated.

In that sense, he said that from next Tuesday users will have five days to get vaccinated or they will not be able to use the services of Conatra or the other companies of the legislator.

"It will be Trujillista (the measure), but they are my companies and I put and with this I tell you that in the hotels part I also ask them not to accept anyone who has not had their vaccine," he said.

In addition to this measure, Marte was in favor of making the placement mandatory and urged the President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, to make this possible.

" It should be mandatory, but here they screw up a lot, in this country they screw up too much. They don't realize that people are dying, so life comes first and I ask the President of the Republic to make this mandatory," said the carrier .

Regardless of whether or not the president decides the obligation, Marte commented that they submitted a bill to prohibit entry to certain places to people who have not been inoculated.

"We already have a bill submitted so that no one can visit grocery stores or schools or hotels or anything if they do not get vaccinated," he said.

Souce: ListinDiario

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'll add a new choice:

That would do it!

Defense: OP used a question mark on the tread line. Common journalist technique used to sell
Newspapers. You remember those things don’t you. Lol.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
I doubt it would be on any official government sites. I believe it is ordered by the CONATRA union. First their drivers had to be vaccinated, and then the passengers couldn't ride without the vaccine.

CONATRA doen't run this country last time I checked?

Status
Not open for further replies.