Vaccine card needed to use public transport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Blah Blah, Karma, please dude.

People should make their own 'informed' decisions on vaccines .....next
Health Maintenance is a personal decision. CDC doesn't make them nor monitor your records.
Had you been the first to rush for the polio vaccine in '55 you would likely not be walking without braces today, if you did not perish in an iron lung.
Perhaps you mis-interpeted my comments on CDC or perhaps here in the DR they do not follow the protocol. I don't know and quite frankly I don't care. But they are part of MY health record data recorded in the USA. They are part of the health record that a young girl from Guatemala had recorded when she crossed the border into the USA. I know that for an absolute fact . They are part of the health record of a dozen of my family members.Do whatever you want and as you stated it's a personal decision. But when it comes to facts, "check twice and cut once".

Your analogy to the polio vaccine which you have used here now and forever is starting to grow wiskers dude.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
For the Radical's among us:

He (Antonio Marte, Senator and head of CONATRA) recalled that he, along with Dionis Sánchez and other senators, presented a draft resolution to prevent non-inoculated citizens from entering public spaces or receiving services in banking entities and public transportation services, among others.
Now it's time when every clown can propose this and that. They can present draft resolutions, some of them may even be approved by Senate, and MAYBE some may be even signed by the President. But all of that doesn't mean that in real life any of these will work, because we are in DR. There's no way that any guagua or any carro publico will decline any passenger, be he sick with Covid, syphilis or Ebola. Because every passenger is MONEY.

I was at the Banco Popular office another day. Their security guard, older man, was coughing and sneezing like crazy. Every couple of minutes he took his mask off for a minute, to be able to breath. His eyes were pink and he was sweating. Nobody paid attention to that. I went to one of the managers and said look, isn't he sick? She said maybe he 'tiene gripe'. I said what if he has Covid, he will infect everybody in this branch. She said again she thinks he 'tiene gripe'. So it's no matter what resolutions or laws they make, they will never work anyway, because people don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So, let us see tomorrow, June 16 what actually happens in the DR regarding CONATRA and one of the most powerful men in the DR who is in charge of CONATRA and is also a Senator. ( I remember when Caribe Tours tried to make stops in Cabarete and they were threatened by the transport mafia with having their buses burned if they went past Sosua. Caribe Tours removed that stop in Cabarete faster than anything else I ever saw done in the DR. These "wise guys" are far more powerful than some of you realize.)

Reactions: Big

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
So, let us see tomorrow, June 16 what actually happens in the DR regarding CONATRA and one of the most powerful men in the DR who is in charge of CONATRA and is also a Senator. ( I remember when Caribe Tours tried to make stops in Cabarete and they were threatened by the transport mafia with having their buses burned if they went past Sosua. Caribe Tours removed that stop in Cabarete faster than anything else I ever saw done in the DR. These "wise guys" are far more powerful than some of you realize.)
In a large herd of animals there are always stronger ones, you may call them powerful, but they are powerful only among the same kind of animals. Even other animals don't care about that.

I may notice that that some stray dogs in the street are bigger, some bark louder. Some transport "mafia" guys feel powerful over their crappy rusty piece-of-garbage trucks, cars and buses. Some pigeons are more fat than other pigeons, probably they are stronger and get more food. In a can of worms some worms are bigger. What does that all means to me and you? Nothing.

Reactions: Radical

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In a large herd of animals there are always stronger ones, you may call them powerful, but they are powerful only among the same kind of animals. Even other animals don't care about that.

I may notice that that some stray dogs in the street are bigger, some bark louder. Some transport "mafia" guys feel powerful over their crappy rusty piece-of-garbage trucks, cars and buses. Some pigeons are more fat than other pigeons, probably they are stronger and get more food. What does that all means to me and you? Nothing. In a can of worms some worms are bigger.
You obviously are clueless on the transit mafia. We only need wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Patience ...

Reactions: Big

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
You obviously are clueless on the transit mafia. We only need wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Patience ...
They may fight with each other for passengers and cargo, they may fight Government for subsidies and their rutas, they may call themselves whatever they want, for me it's the same news like animals in a zoo fighting for a piece of meat. As I said before, their leaders may talk a lot of bullshlt, but in real life no driver will decline any passenger and his 20 pesos.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
They may fight with each other for passengers and cargo, they may fight Government for subsidies and their rutas, they may call themselves whatever they want, for me it's the same news like animals in a zoo fighting for a piece of meat. As I said before, their leaders may talk a lot of bullshlt, but in real life no driver will decline any passenger and his 20 pesos.
BS. Plain and simple. I'll give you an example: Years ago I wanted to go to a restaurant to BC. He drove me there from Juan Dolio. I asked that he pick me up later ($40.00. He said he couldnt do that. Union/transit/sindaco rules which said I must take the cabs that were at the restaurant.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
BS. Plain and simple. I'll give you an example: Years ago I wanted to go to a restaurant to BC. He drove me there from Juan Dolio. I asked that he pick me up later ($40.00. He said he couldnt do that. Union/transit/sindaco rules which said I must take the cabs that were at the restaurant.
As I said in one of the posts above, they may fight with others for passengers. In your example it was another taxi "mafia". I has nothing to do with them declining THEIR passengers if they don't have a vaccination card.

Last edited by a moderator:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Still waiting for someone to provide us with a detailed list of ingredients these vaccines
contain prior to bowing (what they called it when I was growing up) down to the peer pressure.
I'm sure Windeguy gave the ingredients of the Sinovac vaccine in one of these threads. Perhaps he would help you by doing so again.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Still waiting for someone to provide us with a detailed list of ingredients these vaccines
contain prior to bowing (what they called it when I was growing up) down to the peer pressure.
Found it! From Windeguy's post in another thread:
【COMPOSITION】 Active ingredient: Inactivated SARS-CoV-2 Virus (CZ02train) Adjuvant: Aluminum hydroxide Excipients: disodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydte, sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, sodium chloride

https://cdn.who.int/media/docs/defa...4_sage29apr2021_sinovac.pdf?sfvrsn=2d82605d_5

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Blah Blah, Karma, please dude.

Had you been the first to rush for the polio vaccine in '55 you would likely not be walking without braces today, if you did not perish in an iron lung.
Science has come a long long way since 1955,comparing the initial rollout of the polio vaccine in 1955 to the covid rollout now is very unfare in my opinion. Furthermore,despite the initial problems with the polio vaccine it has saved millions of lives. The covid vaccine has already been administered to tens of millions with a very small number of adverse affects to date.

Reactions: Michael DR

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The Senator Antonio Marte also said this:

The senator for Santiago Rodríguez believes that vaccination should be mandatory “but here they screw up a lot. Here they fuck too much, they don't realize that people are dying. So, I believe that life comes first ”.

Antonio Marte asked President Luis Abinader to "make this mandatory."

(by the way, Antonio Marte is both a Senator and the President of CONATRA). None of the above is hearsay. Google translate used a "bad word" ...

Marte is in the same Senate that proposed other mandatory restrictions on those not vaccinated. That is also not hearsay.
Didn't I post this earlier?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Now it's time when every clown can propose this and that. They can present draft resolutions, some of them may even be approved by Senate, and MAYBE some may be even signed by the President. But all of that doesn't mean that in real life any of these will work, because we are in DR. There's no way that any guagua or any carro publico will decline any passenger, be he sick with Covid, syphilis or Ebola. Because every passenger is MONEY.

I was at the Banco Popular office another day. Their security guard, older man, was coughing and sneezing like crazy. Every couple of minutes he took his mask off for a minute, to be able to breath. His eyes were pink and he was sweating. Nobody paid attention to that. I went to one of the managers and said look, isn't he sick? She said maybe he 'tiene gripe'. I said what if he has Covid, he will infect everybody in this branch. She said again she thinks he 'tiene gripe'. So it's no matter what resolutions or laws they make, they will never work anyway, because people don't give a fcuck.
Cash trumps Covid!
I have posted numerous links in the past and proved this many times.
Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand the way things
really work in this country and I almost feel sorry for them.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Probably. Just that it was called hearsay. It is not hearsay.

Let us see if the vaccine card hits the fan because tomorrow is D Day on CONATRA.
I guarantee you as an American resident looking like a "tourist" or gringo "tourist"
none of these restrictions will apply.
Not at the supermarkets, not at the hotels, not at the parks, not at the shopping
plazas and definitely not at the banks to change those DOLLAR$$$ to PE$O$$$.

They will only apply to Dominicans, Haitians and probably folks from other
native Spanish speaking countries in the region which is really kind of strange
when you think about it.

They are making life more and more difficult for the Dominicans while at the same
time ignoring the FACT they are allowing people to flood this country from all around the globe.

Interesting how the first documented cases of Covid in this country were Italian
guest at a wealthy Dominican's wedding in Punta Cana back in March of 2020.
This virus was imported by tourist and who gets stuck holding the bag?
Dominicans.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Of course virus' are imported to different countries by people that travel. Now we know how easy that is to do. Goes without saying.
I blame China myself, but that is just me.

Now any restrictions will only apply to Dominicans and Haitians. I wish I could predict the future like others here.

I am waiting until tomorrow and the subsequent days to see what actually happens with CONATRA.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Warning do not vaccinate children.
Children = "30 & under."
Why take the risk of long term heart issues.
Makes you wonder how older fragile hearts will hold up in the coming years.

do not vaccinate cihdren? well now........... that would eliminate most of the population here.................

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Of course virus' are imported to different countries by people that travel. Now we know how easy that is to do. Goes without saying.
I blame China myself, but that is just me.

Now any restrictions will only apply to Dominicans and Haitians. I wish I could predict the future like others here.

I am waiting until tomorrow and the subsequent days to see what actually happens with CONATRA.
Buddy it's like ya have blinders on or you just don't get it.
Here's another article published earlier today that backs up
my point.

Collado affirms tourism does not represent a health risk in the country

“NORTH AMERICAN TOURISTS, WHO REPRESENT 80%, DO A PCR TEST WHEN THEY LEAVE”
He indicated that the tourist areas reflect a low rate of positivity

The tourist areas reflect the lowest rates of positivity of Covid-19 in the Dominican Republic, below 0.40%, so it does not represent any threat to the health of Dominicans or visitors.

This was reported by the Minister of Tourism, David Collado, at the time of stating that tourism does not represent any health risk in the country, by ensuring that the positivity in airports is at 0.39%, as well as the random tests that are carried out. to tourists when they arrive in the country.

This will not apply to tourist.
Why won't it apply to tourist?
Because they are not citizens, residents or living here.
They are releasing statements like the one I posted above
to quell people fears and keep those tourist dollars rolling in
without any hassles.

Source: Dominican Today

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well Cristo, I will "get it" when I see what happens on CONATRA vehicles over the next week. OK with you?

I am sure they will ask everyone if they are from North America...
Instead of asking for a vaccination card.

• Haha
Reactions: Michael DR

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
To all of you commenting on the immunity of Gringos on the CONATRA proof of vaccine issue:

How many Gringos use CONATRA transportation?

Gringos using CONATRA is not the point of the original post, by the way. This is about getting Dominicans vaccinated which some of you have failed to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.