Vaccine card needed to use public transport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
To all of you commenting on the immunity of Gringos on the CONATRA proof of vaccine issue:

How many Gringos use CONATRA transportation?

Gringos using CONATRA is not the point of the original post, by the way. This is about getting Dominicans vaccinated which some of you have failed to see.
I think Cristo Rey's point is this:

No matter if Conatra, malls, banks, supermarkets, etc. will ask Dominicans for vaccination cards.... once you have a gringo face, you just answer that you were vaccinated in Estados Unidos and that's it, no more questions asked because you are a foreigner and foreigners like you are allowed into the country without any tests or cards at all.

I totally agree with his point with one thing to add: just in case I'll have my fake CDC vaccination card in my wallet :)

Actually, in situations like this it's always better to play 'gringo who barely speaks Spanish' and no questions asked, they will also let you skip the line and go first :) Sometimes it's just easier to do this instead of showing your cedula and arguing about citizen's rights LOL.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
To all of you commenting on the immunity of Gringos on the CONATRA proof of vaccine issue:

How many Gringos use CONATRA transportation?

Gringos using CONATRA is not the point of the original post, by the way. This is about getting Dominicans vaccinated which some of you have failed to see.

I don't know what qualifies as CONATRA. I use guaguas in BC, SD, and SDE. While in Santiago last week we used some kind of guagua hybrid. Whether or not any of those is controlled by CONATRA is beyond me at this point.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Warning do not vaccinate children.
Children = "30 & under."
Why take the risk of long term heart issues.
Makes you wonder how older fragile hearts will hold up in the coming years.

This is the lab experiment we're supposed to trust with our bodies:

"Pediatric Medical Director for America’s Frontline Doctors, Dr Angie Farella submitted a letter to CDC for review on this very issue. She wrote, “Vaccines take years to safely test. It’s not only the number of people tested but the length of time that is important when creating new vaccines. These experimental agents must not be rushed and licensed early, before the completion of all trials.”

Reactions: chico bill

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well Cristo, I will "get it" when I see what happens on CONATRA vehicles over the next week. OK with you?

I am sure they will ask everyone if they are from North America...
Instead of asking for a vaccination card.
So am I. Glad we finally agree.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think Cristo Rey's point is this:

No matter if Conatra, malls, banks, supermarkets, etc. will ask Dominicans for vaccination cards.... once you have a gringo face, you just answer that you were vaccinated in Estados Unidos and that's it, no more questions asked because you are a foreigner and foreigners like you are allowed into the country without any tests or cards at all.

I totally agree with his point with one thing to add: just in case I'll have my fake CDC vaccination card in my wallet :)

Actually, in situations like this it's always better to play 'gringo who barely speaks Spanish' and no questions asked, they will also let you skip the line and go first :) Sometimes it's just easier to do this instead of showing your cedula and arguing about citizen's rights LOL.
This is NOT about a "gringo" pass for anything. If that is his point, it is NOT the topic of this thread.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So am I. Glad we finally agree.
I was, of course, joking.

This thread is NOT about gringos. But, carry one with your trying to divert the thread from being about the original post and those riding on CONATRA. Gringos might be less than 1% of those riders.

This thread is just about one way "they" are trying to get everyone here vaccinated. It will not be likely to succeed, but "they" will try.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't know what qualifies as CONATRA. I use guaguas in BC, SD, and SDE. While in Santiago last week we used some kind of guagua hybrid. Whether or not any of those is controlled by CONATRA is beyond me at this point.
Do they have the word CONATRA on them? If not, they might not be CONATRA.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is the lab experiment we're supposed to trust with our bodies:

"Pediatric Medical Director for America’s Frontline Doctors, Dr Angie Farella submitted a letter to CDC for review on this very issue. She wrote, “Vaccines take years to safely test. It’s not only the number of people tested but the length of time that is important when creating new vaccines. These experimental agents must not be rushed and licensed early, before the completion of all trials.”
There will always be skeptics. We have a few here on DR1.

I am glad I don't have any children. At least none that I know of.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

This thread is NOT about gringos. But, carry one with your trying to divert the thread from being about the original post.

This thread is just about one way "they" are trying to get everyone here vaccinated. It will not be likely to succeed, but "they" will try.
Ok, I get it. This thread is not about gringos.
It's about Dominicans, Haitians, Venezuelans and
people residing here from other native Spanish speaking countries in the region.
The only one I appear to be carrying is you but thanks for taking the time to point it out.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo

This thread is NOT about gringos. But, carry one with your trying to divert the thread from being about the original post and those riding on CONATRA. Gringos might be less than 1% of those riders.

So what's your point then? You don't like that the Government is trying to force people to vaccinate? Or you are surprised that one of the transport unions is helping them? Well, for sure they offered CONATRA's boss something for that. That's not the first time when some of those unions collaborate with the Government, but they never do it for free.

I am really curious what happens after they finally vaccinate the whole country and get the same result as in Chile. Because people are really tired of this crap, and they finally go to vaccinate just to stop it and get their normal life back. So what will Abinader say to the nation after the Chile scenario will happen here (and I am sure it will)? Something like sorry people, we vaccinated you with the wrong shlt, so Covid and restrictions are here to stay?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So what's your point then? You don't like that the Government is trying to force people to vaccinate? Or you are surprised that one of the transport unions is helping them? Well, for sure they offered CONATRA's boss something for that. That's not the first time when some of those unions collaborate with the Government, but they never do it for free.

I am really curious what happens after they finally vaccinate the whole country and get the same result as in Chile. Because people are really tired of this crap, and they finally go to vaccinate just to stop it and get their normal life back. So what will Abinader say to the nation after the Chile scenario will happen here (and I am sure it will)? Something like sorry people, we vaccinated you with the wrong shlt, so Covid and restrictions are here to stay?
China's government can not and should not be trusted.
A hard lesson this government is about to learn.
I hope for the sake of this country's future someone, at
some lab in this country who knows what they are doing,
is randomly testing these shipments of vaccines when
they arrive just to make sure their fellow citizens are being
injected with the real deal and not some watered down version
to increase profits.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

My point is on the original post and this. I am not providing an opinion on this. I am showing what is in the news for anyone to read. The DR government has stated they want "Everyone" vaccinated. They will even vaccinate illegal aliens who are not Haitians as I currently understand it. CONATRA's president has stated all of his employees and the passengers on their vehicles need proof of vaccination. CONATRA's president has worked on a law requiring everyone entering a public building , supermarket, bank and more to be vaccinated but not yet submitted for signature or veto by the DR's president.

Yes, CONATRA, and perhaps others, is very likely "in on the scheme". Seeing that point is valuable here to understand the vaccinate everyone plan the DR government has.

Anyone can see there is an attempt, which may yet fail, I speculate to get vaccinations up to at least 70%, and that is where restrictions and curfews are likely to be lifted. Two of the largest and most restricted states in my home country, NY and CA,. just lifted restrictions when they reached the 70% mark. But do note they used better vaccines as well to get there.

I am not stating an opinion on the matter, I am trying to show the methods and the news about what is going on regarding a plan to vaccinate "everyone" where "everyone" is likely to be at least 70%.

Chile has not yet reached enough vaccinations for herd immunity, so that argument is not valid unless and until the DR reaches its goal and fails as well. A vaccine with lower efficacy may require more than 70% of the population to be vaccinated. Chile never reached its goal and with no heard immunity, Chile is still having big problems. It would be more productive to look at what just happened in NY and CA in my home country. The argument about Chile versus the DR is worth discussing, but please discuss it with the perspective that Chile has not bee successful in vaccinating nearly enough of its population as of yet.

Now for my opinion on this. If you don't want to get vaccinated, I respect that. If you don't want to get vaccinated will you enjoy essentially only being to stay at home? No rides on CONATRA, possibly not allowed entry into any public or private business spaces until herd immunity is achieved? It is my opinion there will be a two tiered system with one set of rules for the fully vaccinated and a stay at home rule for those who are not vaccinated. To lift the curfews and restrictions at least 70% of the population will need to be vaccinated, perhaps more because of the lower efficacy of Sinovac.

• Love
Reactions: La Profe_1

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
China's government can not and should not be trusted.
A hard lesson this government is about to learn.
I hope for the sake of this country's future someone, at
some lab in this country who knows what they are doing,
is randomly testing these shipments of vaccines when
they arrive just to make sure their fellow citizens are being
injected with the real deal and not some watered down version
to increase profits.
That is a good point or the restrictions may never end.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Now it's time when every clown can propose this and that. They can present draft resolutions, some of them may even be approved by Senate, and MAYBE some may be even signed by the President. But all of that doesn't mean that in real life any of these will work, because we are in DR. There's no way that any guagua or any carro publico will decline any passenger, be he sick with Covid, syphilis or Ebola. Because every passenger is MONEY.

I was at the Banco Popular office another day. Their security guard, older man, was coughing and sneezing like crazy. Every couple of minutes he took his mask off for a minute, to be able to breath. His eyes were pink and he was sweating. Nobody paid attention to that. I went to one of the managers and said look, isn't he sick? She said maybe he 'tiene gripe'. I said what if he has Covid, he will infect everybody in this branch. She said again she thinks he 'tiene gripe'. So it's no matter what resolutions or laws they make, they will never work anyway, because people don't care.

Not if all the other people in the branch were vaccinated 😉😉😉

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
My point is on the original post and this. I am not providing an opinion on this. I am showing what is in the news for anyone to read.
Now for my opinion on this. If you don't want to get vaccinated, I respect that. If you don't want to get vaccinated will you enjoy essentially only being to stay at home?

Extremely well said and clearly expressed. 👏

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Now for my opinion on this. If you don't want to get vaccinated, I respect that. If you don't want to get vaccinated will you enjoy essentially only being to stay at home? No rides on CONATRA, possibly not allowed entry into any public or private business spaces until herd immunity is achieved? It is my opinion there will be a two tiered system with one set of rules for the fully vaccinated and a stay at home rule for those who are not vaccinated.

Well, my opinion on this: I have never used any public transportation in DR and I don't plan to, be it CONATRA or whoever. As I wrote a few posts above, I believe that I will always be allowed to any public space like a mall or a bank just because I am a white foreigner for them. It will always be enough for me to say that I was vaccinated en Estados Unidos. In case of flying to Europe, I can show a fake CDC vaccination card saying that I had two shots of Pfizer in Miami, and nobody can check is it real or not. If something else will be required in the future, I will fake it as well.

And I don't want to get vaccinated because I already had Covid, and I believe that my own natural antibodies are much better than any vaccine.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
Probably. Just that it was called hearsay. It is not hearsay.

Let us see if the vaccine card hits the fan because tomorrow is D Day on CONATRA.

Well, it is the 16th and here I am walking into banks, supermarkets, mall, plaza's, among people and have yet to see any COVID Vaccine Card Nazi chasing me out?

You have no foundation in any of your claims. I'm still waiting for you to post anything which officially mandates any person to be vaccinated?

One more dare and there have been many already!

Status
Not open for further replies.