Vaccines for legal residents? Maybe not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2007
The VP said the vaccination program will be based at electorate register.

Legal residents, while they have cédula, do not form part of Electorate Register.

This would imply the country would not vaccinate legal residents.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Completely stupid...and will bite them in ass....they said they expect WHO to vaccinate illegals eventually...but that leaves out legal residents expats non citizen...good thing you can buy about anything down here..

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Yes, that's just plain wrong and for those who don't have residency it will give them another reason for not getting it. I should think that if it is possible to buy it, it will be VERY expensive!

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Its Cost is less then 3 bucks a dose.... Dominican government borrowed 50 million for vaccine purchase ..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Completely stupid...and will bite them in ass....they said they expect WHO to vaccinate illegals eventually...but that leaves out legal residents expats non citizen...good thing you can buy about anything down here..
Yes, that's just plain wrong and for those who don't have residency it will give them another reason for not getting it. I should think that if it is possible to buy it, it will be VERY expensive!
I think it is too soon to conclude that
Yes, it is still a bit premature. The JCE issues the Cedulas for both citizens and legal residents. If it really requires a citizen's cedula (one with the proper color and without NO VOTA on it) and they refuse legal residents who want a vaccine, I agree that is a bad decision. We will see. I was recently surprised to find out SENASA basic insurance was only available for citizens and not legal residents/

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I hope that Dolores will investigate this. She is the closest thing to a spokesperson for the permanent residents that there is
The DR1 legal time should be able to answer this in.. well, maybe they can.

Feb 7, 2007
Questions about this "Padrón Electoral" and vaccination are popping up on many internet forums which foreign legal residents of DR frequent, e.g. facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.