Vaccines, vaccines and vaccines

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Waldo-Ariel-Suero-vacuna-N-Digital.jpg

The turnout at vaccination stations strongly contradicts a government poll that indicated 40% of citizens were reticent to get vaccinated. It seems that national campaigns have convinced people otherwise. The reality is that thousands have shown up since Sunday, 28 February 2021 when the government opened the vaccinating to the general public. The program began on 16 February 2021 with the vaccinating of around 12,500 Covid-19 front line workers and has continued with the vaccine available to all physicians and medical care providers.

The government continues to vaccinate medical staff, but on 28 February opened the program to give preference to those 70 years old and those 60+ with comorbidities and pre-school and elementary school teachers.

The Dominican Medical Association (CMD) president, Dr. Waldo Ariel Suero, got vaccinated at the headquarters of the medical...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Any site for such appointments show up yet?

I'm glad if they attempt to do something smart here, but what I've seen regarding putting appointments here on hair salon my wife goes to, a doctors reception and passport office (my wife and eldest had to renew theirs):

The concept of appointment is not that clear here, people either don't show up or show up when they should not... If one person shows up when they should not, then that will eventually start creating another queue as the appointment times just got messed up... This vaccination thing involves a decent number of people here, so I sincerely hope that they have a solid plan for this and procedures for whatever situation they might have at hand.... If not, people will continue queuing (at least almost) just like they have done that this far... Appointments or no appointments...

Reactions: bienamor

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I'm glad if they attempt to do something smart here, but what I've seen regarding putting appointments here on hair salon my wife goes to, a doctors reception and passport office (my wife and eldest had to renew theirs):

The concept of appointment is not that clear here, people either don't show up or show up when they should not... If one person shows up when they should not, then that will eventually start creating another queue as the appointment times just got messed up... This vaccination thing involves a decent number of people here, so I sincerely hope that they have a solid plan for this and procedures for whatever situation they might have at hand.... If not, people will continue queuing (at least almost) just like they have done that this far... Appointments or no appointments...
and it's no better at the US Consulate

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I saw a Dominican engineer working in Germany interviewed on TV. He confessed that he kept his watch an hour ahead so as not to be late for an appointment.

This was part of his reply to a question about "Dominican time"