Varying Degrees of Intolerance to Homosexuality - Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Those who define themselves by what they are
Those who feel a night to dress, speak, or comport themselves in such ways as to constantly be overtly saying "I am gay", "I am muslim", "I am conservative", "I am christian", "I am an environmentalist", etc, etc... are the extremists that tend to be bigoted, biased, closed-minded, and have an agenda they want to thrust upon others.
This type seems to find a comfort zone only amongst the like-minded and wage a constant battle to convert or defeat 'everyone else'.

Those who define themselves by who they are
Those who are gay, are muslim, are conservative, are christian, are environmentalists, or whatever as a part of a balanced life overall -but don't define themselves by only those qualities and don't see a need to wear it on their sleeves generally function within and are accepted into society as a whole.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Whereas in Europe and the States fashion has changed from men dressing up to men dressing like bums has been influenced by most mens complete abhorrence to be assumed to being homosexual

Not convinced about your theory, Chip. I would just say fashion ran out of ideas.
Sorry, go to Italy, Italian men do dress up.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
hahaha paris hilton! my coworker, mormon from salt lake city (que coincidencia lol), once said she is sooo hot. and i and my (asian and black) coworkers cocked our heads and gave him a blank stare. then he went on to gush about "we have lots of those in SLC. we're mostly of scandinavian descent---we have the most beautiful girls". we all looked at each other and busted out laughing. clearly that is his taste! im sure he isnt alone. look at the fashion industry.

some people like a lil more meat and/or color. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

shawn27

May 24, 2010
According to my Dominican friend here in Santiago you don't know what you are talking about.

Yeah he meant to say he knows what I'm talking about he just won't tell you. No need for me to comment anymore on that subject.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I beleive my father was one of the first to use aftershave - hi-karate,brut and old spice,not all together lol

people mocked but he was secure enough not to take offense

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
i dunno. everytime i see a dude in speedos or a thong at the beach theres usually a 99.99% chance theyre euro lol whenever i see a guy anywhere in tiny shorts and mandals, 9 times outta ten they are euro and hetero. not even latin euro...ive seen germans, brits and swedes and stuff...who are quite flashy....arent they the original hipsters?

oh yeah and the whole point of a bugarron is to pretend to be straight when youre actually bi. but usually everyone knows because dominicans love to gossip. i never heard of a secret being kept lol

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
They are the original latinos, so where's the issue?

Whereas in Europe and the States fashion has changed from men dressing up to men dressing like bums has been influenced by most mens complete abhorrence to be assumed to being homosexual, here in the DR and latin countries the homosexual culture isn't so accepted so men aren't so worried as being labled as homosexual for taking care of their appearance.

Well, last time I checked (but I could be wrong, lol), Italy was part of Europe :cheeky:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You sound straight to me, JR. Have fun at Clasico's tonight.

milo's a little too familiar with the manicure thing... my gaydar's pinging

No doubt Milos flies the rainbow flag in Punta Cana, way too knowledgeable, sorry I do not buy the Mykonos schtick.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Well, last time I checked (but I could be wrong, lol), Italy was part of Europe :cheeky:

Ok you win. All I know is in the States if a guy pays too much attention to his appearance it could be trouble. Before homosexuality was embraced by American popular culture a guy could dress up nice and not have to worry about being considered effeminate.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Yes, at least I do. She's fit,nice legs, nice smile, not unattractive. Certainly not beautiful and not enough T & A for most men.
I dunno.

Maybe a few double quarter pounders/fries and IHOP breakfasts she'd look better. She's kinda semi OK now, makeup suits her well...

Never cared for the heroin chic look...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Ok you win. All I know is in the States if a guy pays too much attention to his appearance it could be trouble. Before homosexuality was embraced by American popular culture a guy could dress up nice and not have to worry about being considered effeminate.

Let me know where you used to live in the US because it sure doesn't correspond to anything I have experienced :surprised: Where I live men get manicure, go to the barbershop everyweek and pay attention to their appearance :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.