Verizon DSL! Improving??

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
I've been a Verizon DSL customer, for @ 3 - 4 years, living in Puerto Plata. For the past @ 5 - 7 - 9 days, the DSL service seems to have become much faster? Am I dreaming? Confirmations? Contradictions? Male menopause? Do I need professional help? Or, . . . . should we [at least I] praise Verizon? Something I've never done before. Your experiences? Thank you.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I've been a Verizon DSL customer, for @ 3 - 4 years, living in Puerto Plata. For the past @ 5 - 7 - 9 days, the DSL service seems to have become much faster? Am I dreaming? Confirmations? Contradictions? Male menopause? Do I need professional help? Or, . . . . should we [at least I] praise Verizon? Something I've never done before. Your experiences? Thank you.
No differences noted here.
Perhaps they fixed a glitch or improved some wiring around where you live.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mine's infinitely better now, but I prefer to thank Rocky and his magic numbers than those scoundrels at Verizon.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
back to the regular "average good" speed... I haven't been running into problems since about a month and a half, basically since our thread with Rocky... Now everything run smooth...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Mine's infinitely better now, but I prefer to thank Rocky and his magic numbers than those scoundrels at Verizon.
Thanks Chiri.
Gringo's newfound speed came just in the last week or so, so I expect it has nothing to do with the DNS situation we had.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
We have had somewhat better speed the last week in Puerto Plata as well! NOt sure why but please don't break it..........

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
False alert on my side, as I had 2 PC's with the same IP !!! No wonder !!! I had not check that new laptop !!! it's all fixed and fast now...
:)

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
It's amazing ! Yesterday, I post about how good of a service Verizon is providing since about a month, and suddenly my speed drops, sharply... It disconnects all the time !!!

-Mr.Verizon, are you reading this forum ???

:)

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Gringo your Upload is very slow its like dial up.

I have just bought a villa in Casa de Campo i currently live in Puerto rico and i need to conect my house for my business with good internet service in that area.

In Puerto rico normal Dsl is 2-4MB and Brodaband 4-8mb

I have boradband download speeds are insane i never go under 6 mb even on peak hours and my up load is around or near 1.2 mb.

Now my question does anybody have telecable broadband in the D.R that can actually give me an comparison with verizon service DSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Kemo welcome to the DR........LOL you will not be in Puerto Rico anymore... Sorry but this is an ongoing battle for all of us here. Verizon and the other suppliers are over priced and quite frankly the service mostly sucks!

I currently have 331 down and 104 up - and I am thankful, 2 weeks ago it was much slower!