Violence and Death hits home

miss j

Aug 1, 2006
Miss J: It is distressing that poverty and drugs can drive people to do such desperate acts of violence.
You've got to be brainwashed by P.C.

What are you talking about?!?! I'm not brainwashed by anyone or anything. I don't claim to know any more about this other than what PJT said, but I seriously doubt that this 21 year old who just got out of jail was a millionaire. He was holding a knife to a sleeping woman screaming at her for money...I doubt he wanted the money to buy a stick of gum!!!

Who knows what made this wacko do what he did. It's awful, and he will never hurt anyone again. We can all be thankful for that.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I am sorry to hear that they had to go through such a horrible experience, but thanks to their courage and the grace of God did things turn out in their favor. I hope they can move on with their lives and eventually out this event behind them, because I know that it is going to be hard to forget.

The maggot that broke in got exactly what he deserved.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Spare us wiht this line of BULL SH**!!! The blame belongs on the person, not "poverty and drugs!!!!"

I agree!

The more I read such stories, the more I realize how much ingenuity, effort, and planning these criminals put into their illicit acts.

If only they did the same towards something productive!

-NALs

miss j

Aug 1, 2006
can't we all just get along?

Spare us wiht this line of BULL SH**!!! The blame belongs on the person, not "poverty and drugs!!!!"

Obviously we have differences of opinion on the impact of drugs on society. This doesn't seem like an appropriate thread to have a debate about it. I didn't realize my comment would have this kind of reaction. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone. I was not trying to defend the actions of the thief, just trying to understand them.

Let's move on and continue to offer our support to PJT and his family.

mj

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Perhaps I'm getting off topic but I think we should stop attacking Miss J with the anger that has been thrown her way. WE may not agree with her but in many cases her reasons for criminality are valid. I think her post was very heartfelt towards the victims in this terrible crime.

On topic, PJT my thoughts go out to you and your family. We all support you.

Last edited:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
So sorry to hear about the scary ordeal that your relatives experienced...my heart goes out to them, especially the children who will no doubt require extensive therapy to overcome this. They should be commended for their courage and bravery and for placing "justice" in their own hands to protect their kids and themselves. Please extend our thougths and prayers to them at this difficult time.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Interesting item in the dr1 news summary today about lynch mobs being on the increase. I'm sure not all dr1ers will agree with me, but I applaud the citizenry for showing their desire to get crime under control in a very tangible way.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Are there any Scientology volunteer ministers available locally than can help the children overcome this tramautic experience?

Have you ever worked with children? Or children suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder? Had you read the original post, it mentioned that they are receiving psychological help...even in the DR!!!!!!:ermm:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I would suggest in this instance, we need to know who to ignore on this thread.

PJT, from our family to your extended family, we wish you strength to overcome the horror of this experience.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Interesting item in the dr1 news summary today about lynch mobs being on the increase. I'm sure not all dr1ers will agree with me, but I applaud the citizenry for showing their desire to get crime under control in a very tangible way.

We are going back to the frontier days folks or maybe the reign of terror during the french revolution. Now those folks back then knew how to be very tangible indeed.:eek:gre:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
How absolutely dreadful. Thank goodness they had medical knowledge about sustaining a chokehold, but the trauma of watching someone die in this way, even though he was a villain, must have really hit their emotions..... Unfortunately all the rational arguments in the world that they have rid the country of a dangerous man, may not register for a while yet. They're just going to have that last picture in their minds.......... awful for them, I feel so sorry. Thoughts are with all of you, PJT.

theartofbone

Oct 28, 2003
My goodness PJT. This is horrific!!!

I just think of the children. The effect this must have on them. Specially that little 6 year old boy. I hope they all recover soon!!!

I hope the boy also realizes that he has a brave and heroic father to that.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I cannot but notice how all these formal expressions of empathy to the victimized family are primarily directed, in some way or another, to assuaging guilt feelings. This is something atypical of traditional Dominican culture. I would recommend those who know the family pay them a personal visit and directly express their support. However, it could be too late. At the urging of the wife, the family may have already packed their suitcases and moved away from the community. That indeed would be an irreparable loss.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I would suggest in this instance, we need to know who to ignore on this thread.

PJT, from our family to your extended family, we wish you strength to overcome the horror of this experience.

ditto what Chris said ;)

PJT, I am so very sorry. I hope the family and children are able to recover from this. I know it will take quite some time to undo the harm this monster did, but please know that your family will be in our hearts and prayers, and the hearts and prayers of many reading this.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I'm really surprised that anyone of substance can find anything remotely funny or fictional in what PJT posted. Guess there must be posters who have less 'substance'............disappointing.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Let me try and put some things in perspective here. This incident as reported by PJT happened to two medical doctors, part of PJT's family. PJT has a sterling history of reporting for us here at the DR1 for years now, the weather in his area, seldom missing a day. PTJ also does not have a reputation of posting fictional or 'stretch-the-truth' type messages.

I think the posters should take the source of the information as well as the family into account before posting any further short sighted questions or comments.

I would respectfully ask the moderator of this forum to kindly moderate this thread keeping in mind that this has been posted by a well-respected and long-term DR1 contributor. The last thing I would like to see, is that shortsighted and unkind comments discourage a poster of this quality and we lose him from posting on the DR1.

Thanks Trina and Lambada.