vip fitness club santiago

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
wow, Chip, 26 years of lifting weights. Post a picture. Would like to see what all those years of working out has done for you.

Well it has helped me from my back hurting too much so I'm happy. At my age it isn't about the looks but about how you feel. Generally I feel pretty good on a most days.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Two thumbs up for Golds Gym in Plaza International. When in Santiago, I Purchase the one week guest option at 1,000 pesos. Nice gym, good equipment and nice scenery to boot. For longer stays I just buy week to week.

Antw22

May 15, 2013
The thing is that if you already got a system just choose one of the regional inexpensive fitness center. At the end of the day, metal is just metal. I should know, I've been weightlifting since 1986.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Club Mambuiche is looking better every minute. See you over there. :)

Lol I've probably seen you there chip, used to workout at el Club Mambuiche all the time. Though, not too long ago a new gym opened in that plaza next to Banco Popular, is a bit more expensive, but the equipment is much newer, and better.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Lol I've probably seen you there chip, used to workout at el Club Mambuiche all the time. Though, not too long ago a new gym opened in that plaza next to Banco Popular, is a bit more expensive, but the equipment is much newer, and better.

Well if you see me be sure to say hi.

BTW, do they accept a daily rate at the other gym and if so, how much is it?

Also, I only work my legs and do pullups at the gym, everything else I do at home. Do you know if the new gym has a leg press machine with free weights?

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Well if you see me be sure to say hi.

BTW, do they accept a daily rate at the other gym and if so, how much is it?

Also, I only work my legs and do pullups at the gym, everything else I do at home. Do you know if the new gym has a leg press machine with free weights?

If I recognize you, then I'll definitely say hi.

Unfortunately like every other new gym, they don't accept a daily rate, that's what I miss the most about the gym at el Club Mambuiche.

I don't remember seeing any leg press there. Honestly, is not that much better than el Club Mambuiche, is just simply newer.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, Anybody know where to get either a single station lat pulldown/tricep machine or Total Gym in Santiago?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Good Afternoon, Anybody know where to get either a single station lat pulldown/tricep machine or Total Gym in Santiago?

I think I've seen them at Ferr. Ochoa. You can search the terms "ejercicio+maquina" on lapulga, corotas or mercadolibre frequently to see if you get lucky. However, many cheap gyms like mine have one, and the entrance fee is only RD25.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If I recognize you, then I'll definitely say hi.

Unfortunately like every other new gym, they don't accept a daily rate, that's what I miss the most about the gym at el Club Mambuiche.

I don't remember seeing any leg press there. Honestly, is not that much better than el Club Mambuiche, is just simply newer.

I think I'll stick to mambuiche as the leg press is the best thing I've found for my lower back.

If you don't know how I look ask Miguel at the front desk for "ingeniero chi, el gringo". :squareeye

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I think I'll stick to mambuiche as the leg press is the best thing I've found for my lower back.

If you don't know how I look ask Miguel at the front desk for "ingeniero chi, el gringo". :squareeye

Where is this gym located? I go to a Gym by the park in Casilda; don't know the name of the gym though. It is about 4-5 min from my house; if you go in the morning there aren't that many people there, maybe 3-4 people. Its $25 per day and they have old but working equipment.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Where is this gym located? I go to a Gym by the park in Casilda; don't know the name of the gym though. It is about 4-5 min from my house; if you go in the morning there aren't that many people there, maybe 3-4 people. Its $25 per day and they have old but working equipment.

It is next to the school at the footbridge close to Treybol Supermarket.