Virtual mental image to reality and back again?

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
When one interacts with people on a public forum, you create a mental image of others. Upon meeting them in person, of course they will appear completely different. Then, over time they mentally morph back into the original mental image, or is that just me?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
When one interacts with people on a public forum, you create a mental image of others. Upon meeting them in person, of course they will appear completely different. Then, over time they mentally morph back into the original mental image, or is that just me?

hahahahaha

Stay off the Brugal or the shrooms.

Better make it DR related or this thread would be exactly that. A mental Image you created............

Last edited:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
More curious about what motivates people to say some of the things they say on this forum. Could careless what they look like.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
More curious about what motivates people to say some of the things they say on this forum. Could careless what they look like.

Since you're curious, I had a conf call coming up and was curious. You, indeed, picture people as you interact with them. You have so little interest that you commented?? No big deal. It's a forum dude, smile and have fun!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

We want specifics

What are the mental images of posters that you have ?

I have none for most posters.... except dv8 as a blonde with long hair and blue eyes (because she is polish), and she is brunette (she posted a pic) but other than that, I don't have much imagination I guess.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
I can see this one is getting away from me. I am an island with my active imagination. Now, back to my Brugal and hours of self-doubt.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Fear not 4*4*4, once you have 500 posts you'll have access to Off Topic Forum. There's a thread with tons of photos of DR1ers. I'm with you, no one ever looks the way I imagine them.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I imagine many do not match their Interpol image.

282mlaa.jpg

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Actually, I know exactly what you mean, it's happened to me with at least one person I met through DR1.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
We want specifics

What are the mental images of posters that you have ?

I have none for most posters.... except dv8 as a blonde with long hair and blue eyes (because she is polish), and she is brunette (she posted a pic) but other than that, I don't have much imagination I guess.

LOL LOL!! I didn't see this. I picture most people as a brunette supermodel and can never hide my disappointment when we finally meet.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Fear not 4*4*4, once you have 500 posts you'll have access to Off Topic Forum. There's a thread with tons of photos of DR1ers. I'm with you, no one ever looks the way I imagine them.

Do you remember why that thread with the photos is in off topic forum?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
That's funny AE.
No problem. I have access to it. My photo is not there. It used to be in the media gallery. Too bad that got wiped out a while back.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

i am disappointed with my looks too. nothing slavic about me.

BlondeJustice

May 28, 2014
Worked dispatching for a courier firm in one of my previous lives. It was amazing how when I went to the establishments we did business with they would recognise the voice of the Gofer lady (if you can't go for it, Gofer will go for it for you). Interesting putting the voice to the person. Not one was what I expected.