Visa Overstay / Immigration form Questions

Dawiky502

Aug 10, 2020
Santiago
Last time I looked at a map Iraq wasn't in Central or South America!
LOL, I meant that most central and South American countries have overstay fees available for expats..EXCEPT fot people coming from countries that require Visas to enter EG: Iraq, many African countries etc. Sorry my native language is spanish.

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Yep, white privilege prevails.

It’s not white privilege, it’s green privilege; money. White people have a habit of investing, while we have a habit of spending. They receive dividends, while others receive wages. Hence, they tend to hold more power and privilege.

I get just as much privilege wherever I go, and I’m black with tats. Certain Eastern countries, Europe included, I’m more privileged than white folks (God knows I love how privileged Polish and Russian women treat me)... 😈

Reactions: CristoRey

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
For now it looks like the birds won't suffer ramifications because of the difference between the law and the regulations.
This is a deep thought and really should be submitted to those in high places of the Dominican government that have an impact on writing the laws. It's "special".

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is a deep thought and really should be submitted to those in high places of the Dominican government that have an impact on writing the laws. It's "special".
No new laws are needed according to the new minister in charge who said he would enforce them as written, but has not done so.

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
we are beating this horse again huh fellas.....
Well the ones with cedula‘s passports and citizenship are pissed and rightfully so after spending time and thousands of dollars and yrs for the cedula to find out only useful purpose is to open bank accounts and open locked key knobs . 9 yrs of overstaying 9x $50=$450 Thank you DR :love:

Dawiky502

Aug 10, 2020
Santiago
Well the ones with cedula‘s passports and citizenship are pissed and rightfully so after spending time and thousands of dollars and yrs for the cedula to find out only useful purpose is to open bank accounts and open locked key knobs . 9 yrs of overstaying 9x $50=$450 Thank you DR :love:
I have a bank account without a cedula, and they are offering me a credit card now.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am not the tail that is going to wag the dog of the DR government. They will do what they want regarding laws and regulations. I have also used various lax enforcement situations to my advantage. Thanks, DR...

As long as the DR allows overstays of up to 120 days without issue for tourists, ignoring the laws, I have no influence on the situation. Only time will tell what happens. I prefer to see a legal 6 month snowbird visa enacted, but the number of snowbirds is so small it appears to have no priority at all. So they just play around with the overstays. If you are allowed to stay a maximum of 120 days as the current limit on the Migracion web site, what if you do stay longer? I guess they just charge you more and call it a day. Do they still have the overstay "fee" list for longer than 120 days? All I can find is this:

Costo
La solicitud de servicio es gratis. El usuario solo pagara la tarifa vigente de acuerdo a los días de prórroga solicitados.
30 a 90 días – $2,500
90 a 120 días – $4,000.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It’s not white privilege, it’s green privilege; money. White people have a habit of investing, while we have a habit of spending. They receive dividends, while others receive wages. Hence, they tend to hold more power and privilege.

I get just as much privilege wherever I go, and I’m black with tats. Certain Eastern countries, Europe included, I’m more privileged than white folks (God knows I love how privileged Polish and Russian women treat me)... 😈
Excellent.
Having lived in Budapest and spent years travelinig
Eastern Europe its good to hear people treat ya the
right way over there. People are people no matter where
ya go in life, some are cool and some are *ssholes.

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Allowed to stay despite it being illegal according to immigration law.
I expected better of the new government, but apparently they have failed to act as they said they would.
What a surprise.
Only one surprised could be you. :LOL:
Maybe the news article which gave you wet dreams when reading it, were not focused on overstayers at all, on the contrary they have implemented up to 120 days extensions of tourist stays.

Cheer up ;) and let it go until we have some new facts to discuss. Same ole ole...

Reactions: Andre14615

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

There's a lot more to it than it...... a lot more......

Overstaying and living here are quite different

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Only one surprised could be you. :LOL:
Maybe the news article which gave you wet dreams when reading it, were not focused on overstayers at all, on the contrary they have implemented up to 120 days extensions of tourist stays.

Cheer up ;) and let it go until we have some new facts to discuss. Same ole ole...
My "shock" was feigned. Nothing done here shocks me.

One thing new is that it appears overstays have a 120 day limit. That is not the same as the multi-year overstay fee formula that used to be posted on Migracion's website.

Does anyone see a way to have an overstay extended beyond 120 days? Still the same old pay as you go if you stay for years and leave?

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
There's a lot more to it than it...... a lot more......

Overstaying and living here are quite different
Yes there is shitload more more money more pain in ass more travel back and forth approx $5000 US per person after everything is said and done! I would be pissed if I got my cedula and average joe just comes and goes with no repercussions.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Missed my point..... sorry to read
coming and going like Joe Average doesn't work in my situation.

PLUS, the process was different several yrs back.....

BTW - citizenship is a piece of cake.... walk in the park..... was for me anyway
Windy - not so much

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Missed my point..... sorry to read
coming and going like Joe Average doesn't work in my situation.

PLUS, the process was different several yrs back.....

BTW - citizenship is a piece of cake.... walk in the park..... was for me anyway
Windy - not so much
In most cases of "citizenship" do you hold dual citenzenships or just the DR?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes.... I am a Cdn citizen - first and foremost
I doubt I'll ever get an RD passport... a hard copy

But citizenship is just part of the puzzle....
A person needs a 'country of residence'........ not just citizenship..

My friend is an international 'engineer for hire'... has worked all over the world
At each assignment, he is given residency in the country he's working in.

However, he traveled one time , between jobs, and couldn't provide a residency...
an hour our so in 'the back rooms' while he explained himself.

I used to think I could be a 'citizen of the world'...... not so fast there Dilbert!

Insurance for vagabonds can be had - easily
Passport comes from your country of birth
Driver's license - you can lie, fake an address
But residency ---- eventually , they trip you up.....

So, you pick a country like RD....
no minimum stay required - just 'check in' every 6 mo or so..... if that's enforced

The cost ? Which you seem to be fascinated by...
is offset by taxes....

A tax free citizen of the world !!
That works.
How does your measly $5,000 look now !!?

And totally legal..... not a vagabond - interloper - call it what you will....
A legitimate person.

Like Pinocchio .....

Reactions: irishpaddy

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
Yes.... I am a Cdn citizen - first and foremost
I doubt I'll ever get an RD passport... a hard copy

But citizenship is just part of the puzzle....
A person needs a 'country of residence'........ not just citizenship..

My friend is an international 'engineer for hire'... has worked all over the world
At each assignment, he is given residency in the country he's working in.

However, he traveled one time , between jobs, and couldn't provide a residency...
an hour our so in 'the back rooms' while he explained himself.

I used to think I could be a 'citizen of the world'...... not so fast there Dilbert!

Insurance for vagabonds can be had - easily
Passport comes from your country of birth
Driver's license - you can lie, fake an address
But residency ---- eventually , they trip you up.....

So, you pick a country like RD....
no minimum stay required - just 'check in' every 6 mo or so..... if that's enforced

The cost ? Which you seem to be fascinated by...
is offset by taxes....

A tax free citizen of the world !!
That works.
How does your measly $5,000 look now !!?

And totally legal..... not a vagabond - interloper - call it what you will....
A legitimate person.

Like Pinocchio .....
Being a Vagabond and interloper has its perks Sir William.:cool:

Reactions: Andre14615