visa residency from the DR

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
5.-Certificado de NO ANTECEDENTES PENALES expedido por la autoridad competente del pa?s donde haya residido en los ?ltimos cinco (5) a?os, debidamente legalizado o apostillado, seg?n corresponda, y traducido al espa?ol si esta en otro idioma (Esta certificaci?n debe ser la federal, las certificaciones que enuncian que para mejor informaci?n a respecto deben ser revisadas con huellas dactilares no ser? recibido por la DGM porque no contienen informaci?n completa del extranjero).
Direccion General de Migracion

5. NO CRIMINAL RECORD certificate issued by the competent authority of the country resided in the last five (5) years, duly legalized or an apostille, as appropriate, and translated into Spanish if in another language (This certification must be federal, certifications purporting to show that for better information should be reviewed with respect fingerprints will not be received by the DGM because they contain complete information from abroad).

this law went into effect in 2004 but.. was not really implemented.. until well,,now.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Maybe... If you can get all the things to need to apply via phone/email and friends in your home country, you could mail your passport and application to the consulate closest to where you live. Once you get everything back with your visa in your passport, you take a little trip to Haiti or Puerto Rico and get stamped on your way back in.

I don't think you have to apply in person. But, the police report and medical exam has to be from your country.

drSix,
for the Residency-Visa no rides over a border, to get a stamp, necessary. the residency visa is valid for a specific time frame, during that time frame the holder of that visa is obliged to follow the given procedures here to get the temporal residency done. to let the given time frame to apply for the residency/follow the procedure expire, would mean to be flagged by immigrations. crossing a border with that same passport would just tell 'em where the person is. what then would happen, i have no idea. but those residency visas come with a certain given timeline to get the residency process running.

Mike

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
drSix,
for the Residency-Visa no rides over a border, to get a stamp, necessary. the residency visa is valid for a specific time frame, during that time frame the holder of that visa is obliged to follow the given procedures here to get the temporal residency done. to let the given time frame to apply for the residency/follow the procedure expire, would mean to be flagged by immigrations. crossing a border with that same passport would just tell 'em where the person is. what then would happen, i have no idea. but those residency visas come with a certain given timeline to get the residency process running.

Mike

Well, I did say maybe. OP was looking for options. Conjecture is to be expected.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
5.-Certificado de NO ANTECEDENTES PENALES expedido por la autoridad competente del pa?s donde haya residido en los ?ltimos cinco (5) a?os, debidamente legalizado o apostillado, seg?n corresponda, y traducido al espa?ol si esta en otro idioma (Esta certificaci?n debe ser la federal, las certificaciones que enuncian que para mejor informaci?n a respecto deben ser revisadas con huellas dactilares no ser? recibido por la DGM porque no contienen informaci?n completa del extranjero).

5. NO CRIMINAL RECORD certificate issued by the competent authority of the country resided in the last five (5) years, duly legalized or an apostille, as appropriate, and translated into Spanish if in another language (This certification must be federal, certifications purporting to show that for better information should be reviewed with respect fingerprints will not be received by the DGM because they contain complete information from abroad).

this law went into effect in 2004 but.. was not really implemented.. until well,,now.

Wow. No kidding. I was not aware before of the part that says "federal" and with fingerprints. I got by with it - just a letter from the local police chief - not federal. But that doesn't mean the DR does not have any and all relevant information on me. Everything from the U.S. is available if someone wants it - especially the government, I am sure.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
I just thought "competent authority of the country" was open to interpretation. It is, without the part that follows in parenthesis. Ignorance is bliss...