Vpn

xSpAnIaRdx

Jul 14, 2009
Does one get a cheaper price if I purchase a ticket for a hotel within the d.r in pesos vs in the states? Was wondering if I can use VPN to do this.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You can certainly give it a try. With a VPN you should get the same rate as anyone else outside of the country. You can see the price without pulling the trigger.

Let us know how it goes.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
Always use VPN in the DR (not only for price comparisons). Results vary, from EUR to US $, which does provide a small advantage

Reactions: Gadfly

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Help me understand VPN’s. I googled VPN, it did say, among other things, banned in the US, but I’m here in RD.
I can not download the Pandora music app here (“not available in this country”) plus other apps also.
Do you download a VPN app from the App Store? I have an iPhone. Any tips, suggestions or caveats are appreciated. Thank you.

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
Help me understand VPN’s. I googled VPN, it did say, among other things, banned in the US, but I’m here in RD.
I can not download the Pandora music app here (“not available in this country”) plus other apps also.
Do you download a VPN app from the App Store? I have an iPhone. Any tips, suggestions or caveats are appreciated. Thank you.
I use express vpn myself (don't know if I just post the link .... google it), find it in the app-store.
About € 90 per year in subscription form. (in The Netherlands)

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
If you would like to try one for free, go to proxysite.com. It will give you an idea of how they work. There are others that are free as well, but subscribing to one is the way to go.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
If you would like to try one for free, go to proxysite.com. It will give you an idea of how they work. There are others that are free as well, but subscribing to one is the way to go.

No argument, but I subscribed to one (another laptop and I don't remember the name of the VPN service). When I went online to just check some things out on ebay I got suspended for life with no appeal process. OK, I'll live, but what do you think happened?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
No argument, but I subscribed to one (another laptop and I don't remember the name of the VPN service). When I went online to just check some things out on ebay I got suspended for life with no appeal process. OK, I'll live, but what do you think happened?
That's interesting. I never heard of that happening on EBAY but anything is possible. Suspended for good or for a period of time?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Some websites are hostile to VPN and spend a lot of money putting up screens to recognize them. For example I am limited with Amazon video as to what I can see using a ISP here in the Dominican Republic. Using a VPN does not help. The Amazon website recognizes my VPN and will not allow me access to any video content until I turn it off and log in under my regular ISP.

Two middle fingers up to Jeff ‼️

Reactions: NanSanPedro