W Ocean Club Marriott in Cabarete , its Big

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
I am not angry in the least. You clearly have no idea on that.

They probably told the DR printer to revise the signage, but you know how that goes here.
Or the signs may have been created before Medio Ambients blocked the Ritz Carlton Reserve project at La Boca
and the only just put them up.

Will they make a 2024 opening for the W so you can use your Marriott points? I have no idea.

Some people, will never get over the lack of a Ritz Carlton Reverve, but there is already an Ocean Club built in Sosua and it appears there will be a W in Cabarete, Like Meatloaf once sang, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
People here now should finally see reality….any 5star like ritz carlton, four seasons, one & only Will Not waste their time or $ here. No one comes to DR for real 5 star (not dominican version which equals 2 star maybe). Marriott can put as many signs up as they choose …wait and see when they build. Most here are just blind cheerleaders imho.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
People here now should finally see reality….any 5star like ritz carlton, four seasons, one & only Will Not waste their time or $ here. No one comes to DR for real 5 star (not dominican version which equals 2 star maybe). Marriott can put as many signs up as they choose …wait and see when they build. Most here are just blind cheerleaders imho.
So how do you explain the Mariott Ocean Club in Sosua being open right now and taking reservations?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Moby is Playa Grande Beach Club..... Boykin Curry et al

Amanera is a separate entity and has had records years recently.... big success, big bucks, the works

Ani Villas RSJ is another

High end luxury in the middle of nowhere

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Moby is Playa Grande Beach Club..... Boykin Curry et al

Amanera is a separate entity and has had records years recently.... big success, big bucks, the works

Ani Villas RSJ is another

High end luxury in the middle of nowhere
There's a video on the Amanera page you watch that, no one would ever bring up polluted Cabarete Bay ever again

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Their beach is at the western end of the Playa Grande beach

These places are thousands of dollars/night - and they're booked heavily

Here's the Playa Grande Beach Club.... ritzy but not the same league

Big

Apr 24, 2019
lmao Sosua Marriott !!! reminds of those girls that go up to New York City to buy a counterfeit 3500.00 dollar Fendi bag for 40 bucks

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Playa Grande is a very nice resort, decor is super nice. Reminds me of Casa Del 16 in Santo Domingo with a beach. Top notch property.

Aug 21, 2007
We live next door at Infiniti Blu. All I can say about Marriott at Ocean Club is that I cannot remember the last time I saw someone there. And there is still work going on. Their website says they are full, but I do not believe it for one second.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We live next door at Infiniti Blu. All I can say about Marriott at Ocean Club is that I cannot remember the last time I saw someone there. And there is still work going on. Their website says they are full, but I do not believe it for one second.
I called Marriott the other day and I could have booked a room for that same night.

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
Not the same …The Ocean Club Bahamas.A Four Seasons Resort. Sousa an call itself whatever it wants…but it ain’t a Four Seasons Resort. It is considered a 3.5 star., and is managed not owned by Marriott.