AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Serious Wander Franco Allegations Set Twitter Ablaze

By Karl Heiser,
16 hours ago

Some very serious allegations regarding Tampa Bay Rays shortstop Wander Franco hit Twitter (we’re still not calling it X, Elon) today. On a day in which the 22-year-old rising star was out of Tampa Bay’s lineup, rumors began circulating that he was caught in a relationship with a minor.

To be clear, these alarming allegations remain unsubstantiated. One claim went around that the girl in question lied about her age and said she was 18 in an effort to extort Franco.

However, some have observed that the alleged victim’s Instagram features an image of her with a young child and another picture behind the wheel of a vehicle holding a bottle of alcohol. This has led some to theorize that the girl is not a minor, and she is lying about her age in the opposite direction to defame Franco following the end of their relationship.

These claims are serious and still need to be fully investigated. If the rumors are proven true, Wander Franco should be unceremoniously dismissed from MLB and face severe legal consequences. He has already been slammed in the court of public opinion.

Kevin Cash Declines to Comment on Rumors

When asked about his star shortstop’s absence from the lineup following a 9-2 defeat, Rays manager Kevin Cash said it was a scheduled rest day . He also mentioned that he was aware of the speculation and did not offer further comment. It seems the Rays are investigating this internally.

Considering Franco’s stellar performance over the last couple weeks, it’s a strange time to hold him out of the lineup, even for scheduled rest. Over Tampa Bay’s last 14 games, Franco batted .411 with six home runs and 11 RBI. Furthermore, the Rays were giving away Kids Wander Franco Snapback Hats at Tropicana Field today.

Hopefully the truth comes to light quickly and puts an end to the speculation

Photos in link.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I wouldn't bet on it. Check out her IG and tell me what age she looks:

There are guys on IG who say they know her and says she's 18 posting old content.

Wow, almost 5,000 followers. Guess it’s true there’s no such thing as bad publicity. If you read the Twitter info in post #1 link, she was blackmailing him for $200,000 and a car. That makes me think two things: that she’s not 18, and that she has someone guiding her greed.

No one has mentioned that Franco is married and his wife gave birth to their second child last year.

Jan 9, 2004
Sometimes the team knows more about the situation than the general public.
The team has put him on the restricted list.........meaning.......................he will not be paid while on that list.............................and teams do not generally do this without some form of evidence supporting one or all of the allegations.......................lest they open themselves up to a lawsuit.

For his sake, I hope they are just malicious accusations.

If true, and he is released, his contract extension for $182 million is bye bye.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
What we read in the press or in social media is most always very little of the actual situation. No team would put a player on the restricted list without a pretty good idea of what is going on, factual wise as Playcaribe posted. If there was nothing evidence wise the MLBPA would have jumped all over this. Of course, the player (Wander) is going to deny all this on social media but clearly something happened.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
People who supposedly know him and her are saying the pictures are allegedly from when he was 17 and she was 14. No mention of who the father of the baby is.

Reactions: keepcoming

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
What we read in the press or in social media is most always very little of the actual situation. No team would put a player on the restricted list without a pretty good idea of what is going on, factual wise as Playcaribe posted. If there was nothing evidence wise the MLBPA would have jumped all over this. Of course, the player (Wander) is going to deny all this on social media but clearly something happened.
He denied, everything on a IG live on Sunday, but he did the video inside the Clubhouse with some team members talking about it. Clearly a massive policy MLB violation.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Time will tell...they did not put him on the restricted list for no reason. A video done in the clubhouse would not have landed him on the restricted list. But I do not think that this is something that just happened. She definitely is not 14 at this point. As for denying, well of course he would. The media keeps saying he is married but the woman they claim is his wife "Nancy Aybar", that is his mother. She is the sister of Willy and Erik Aybar.

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
Time will tell...they did not put him on the restricted list for no reason. A video done in the clubhouse would not have landed him on the restricted list. But I do not think that this is something that just happened. She definitely is not 14 at this point. As for denying, well of course he would.
Obviously it because of this situation. The restriction started (and MLB/Tampa Bay stated initially) by him/and the younger lady ventilating this situation via social media where the rumors started.

For him, expressing this case inside a MLB building/office and without knowledge from front office of his case, is part of the initial accusations via the MLB Social Media Policies. Source.

Wander's case is a good case study of why pro athletes need to invest in a lawyer, a PR person and/or a crisis manager to deal with these stuff in a smooth way.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
I think sometimes some Dominican athletes think what is "accepted" and or done in the DR won't have any effect on them in the USA. Actually, that could go for anyone, meaning I do not know how many times I have heard "well that's how we do it in the Dominican Republic." Issues like this, steroids (banned substances), etc... You really have question the people they surround themselves with.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
IMG_3578.jpeg