Wander Franco searched for at homes by Dominican authorities amid disturbing allegations

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Wander Franco's alleged victim was just 14 when their relationship started and he paid her mother over $1,500-a-month in hush money, say Dominican prosecutors as Rays star faces court date on Friday​

• Franco made monthly payments to the mom of a minor he had relations with
  • He is being held on RD$5million bond and isn't allowed to leave the country
  • DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Wonder if that's dollars or pesos?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I would assume Dollars for sure. The mother knows who she is dealing with...........For 1500 pesos a month you could not get a girl from the Car Wash.............
I read on a news site it was 100K pesos per month.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
How stupid can somebody be ??? Ok, you like them young, but with so much fame and cash aren't their enough gorgeous 18 yr old ??? WHAT AN IDIOT !!! Should he get a Jail sentence, they should add another 5 years for stupidity !

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
How stupid can somebody be ??? Ok, you like them young, but with so much fame and cash aren't their enough gorgeous 18 yr old ??? WHAT AN IDIOT !!! Should he get a Jail sentence, they should add another 5 years for stupidity !
I thought his playing around started before his career started to take off.

I mean, don't most 18-20 yr old guys run with 14-16 year old girls? Those are their "peluches"

Haven't any of you guys here ever hung out at a colmado in the early evenings? Those young ones are everywhere.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I thought his playing around started before his career started to take off.

I mean, don't most 18-20 yr old guys run with 14-16 year old girls? Those are their "peluches"

Haven't any of you guys here ever hung out at a colmado in the early evenings? Those young ones are everywhere.
This is correct the 15–17-year-old girls often pass as 18-19, dance and drink in the clubs, often with their mothers, and they, like girls everywhere are more interested in guys a few years older than themselves. Guys are thinking with their dicks and don't care if the girls are 15 or 25. One of our former students is 17 and she has been posting photos online for several years of her and friends parting in local bars/nightclubs. She could pass for 20.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Now BOTH Moms are involved...................

Wander Franco's alleged victim speaks out for the first time to slam her own mom over $1,500-a-month hush money paid by the MLB star: 'Since I was little, my mother has seen me as a way to profit'​

The Other Mom......

The Dominican Republic's Public Ministry said in court documents that Nancy Aybar (pictured) made two wire transfers totaling RD$1million to the mother of the 15-year-old girl that her son, Wander Franco, is alleged to have had sex with

The Dominican Republic's Public Ministry said in court documents that Nancy Aybar (pictured) made two wire transfers totaling RD$1million to the mother of the 15-year-old girl that her son, Wander Franco, is alleged to have had sex with.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

Apparently the gloves are off

Authorities seized a financial certificate of more than 2 million from the mother of a minor involved with Franco​

ByDilenny Cespedes
-
January 4, 2024
Martha Vanessa Chevalier Almonte

Santo Domingo.- The Public Ministry has revealed serious information about the case of baseball player Wander Franco , accused of having a sexual relationship with a minor under 14 years of age and with the consent of her mother.
The minor's mother, identified as Martha Vanessa Chevalier Almonte , received monthly money from the baseball player , so that he could freely date the teenager and as a result of this, a financial certificate of 2,100,000 pesos was found .

Related news: MP seized $68,500 behind a painting from the mother of a minor in the Wander Franco case

«During the operation, the investigated person was given a Guarantee Certificate from Banco Agrícola, for the sum of Two Million One Hundred Thousand Dominican Pesos (RD$2, 100,000.00), money that was delivered by Wander Franco , for the sexual and commercial exploitation of NLRC . OF 15 years of age," explains the file.
Commercial Sexual Exploitation is one of the precedent crimes established in article 2, paragraph 11 of law 155-17, on Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism , which is why the criminal investigation took place.

and......

The Public Ministry (MP) reported this Thursday that it had found the sum of RD$ 800 thousand pesos, 68,500 dollars and a vehicle hidden in the house of the mother of the minor involved in the case of baseball player Wander Franco, after a raid carried out in September 2023.

According to the Noticias SIN portal, based on the coercion measure document, these assets would be part of the payments given to the woman by the player, so that he could have sexual relations with his daughter.

The document details that the eight hundred thousand Dominican pesos were found inside a case, in RD$500 bills, while the sixty-eight thousand five hundred American dollars were hidden behind a painting.

Source: El Nuevo Diario

I'm expecting to see a picture of this 'victim' any day now. She's pulling down some serious money.

Last edited:
Reactions: NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
After reading all this it seems that the only thing the minor was bothered by was that she did not get her end of the loot from Mom..............

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I will double down.Thier credibility has been impeached. He will be at spring training.
Remember what happened to the 8 players in the Chicago Black Sox scandal. The MLB commish has the final say, guilty or not ;)

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Paying the mother so he could continue to see/have relations with her daughter does not paint a good look for him. Again, this is not just some everyday person, this is a somewhat famous MLB player who should have known better. The MLB is not going to look at it as a he said/she said issue. It will be more of a did he do what he is being accused of type of decision. The MLB is serious with their "Domestic violence/child abuse/sexual assault" policy (he was suspended under this policy according to the MLB). Time will tell how much/if any additional punishment will be issued. Also, fans are fickle, if he comes back and plays well, then there will be less talked about. But if he comes back and plays poorly the fans will use this incident every chance they get.

slinger

Nov 5, 2010
Paying the mother so he could continue to see/have relations with her daughter does not paint a good look for him. Again, this is not just some everyday person, this is a somewhat famous MLB player who should have known better. The MLB is not going to look at it as a he said/she said issue. It will be more of a did he do what he is being accused of type of decision. The MLB is serious with their "Domestic violence/child abuse/sexual assault" policy (he was suspended under this policy according to the MLB). Time will tell how much/if any additional punishment will be issued. Also, fans are fickle, if he comes back and plays well, then there will be less talked about. But if he comes back and plays poorly the fans will use this incident every chance they get.
This testosterone oozing young man needs a caretaker to keep a knot tied somewhere on him.:)