Wander Franco searched for at homes by Dominican authorities amid disturbing allegations

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Paying the mother so he could continue to see/have relations with her daughter does not paint a good look for him. Again, this is not just some everyday person, this is a somewhat famous MLB player who should have known better. The MLB is not going to look at it as a he said/she said issue. It will be more of a did he do what he is being accused of type of decision. The MLB is serious with their "Domestic violence/child abuse/sexual assault" policy (he was suspended under this policy according to the MLB). Time will tell how much/if any additional punishment will be issued. Also, fans are fickle, if he comes back and plays well, then there will be less talked about. But if he comes back and plays poorly the fans will use this incident every chance they get.
Sounds like the mother had been prostituting out the girl prior to Wander.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Remember what happened to the 8 players in the Chicago Black Sox scandal. The MLB commish has the final say, guilty or not no
No doubt they are trying to protect thier brand name. I think they keep Charlie Hustle out because it creates conversation and interest. With anyone being able to place a bet on thier phone any time while smoking weed on a park bench, legally, it is time to change. That and if they banned every MLB stud who did something shady with a girl you would not be able to field a team.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
"I took a risk and I loved it."

That, ladies and gents, is found in one of the WhatsApp messages Franco sent to the young girl, according to Diario Libre.
Supposedly, he also acknowledged that if the MLB team finds out, it could cause him serious issues.

RD$2 million bail and monthly court appearances for him; house arrest for the girl's mother, while the MP continues to investigate.

If it had been me or any Juan de lo' Palote, we would've gotten 18 months in prison while the investigation takes place.
Then we'd receive a 30-year sentence, and no placards displaying "We're all Lucifer."

Reactions: Manuel01

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
No doubt they are trying to protect thier brand name. I think they keep Charlie Hustle out because it creates conversation and interest. With anyone being able to place a bet on thier phone any time while smoking weed on a park bench, legally, it is time to change. That and if they banned every MLB stud who did something shady with a girl you would not be able to field a team.
The issue is the girl was underage at the time. He should have known better, he probably did. But figured as long as he was paying it would be ok. Money, greed, stupidity pretty sums this case up.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Sounds like the mother had been prostituting out the girl prior to Wander.
Maybe, but that does not take away the fact he engaged in it and the girl was underage at the time. Again, he should have known better. I have a hard time thinking that no one around him did not know about this. Maybe someone smarter than him who could have/should have spoken up. But many of these athletes have "yes" people surrounding them. No one likes to speak up for fear of being booted out of the circle.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The issue is the girl was underage at the time. He should have known better, he probably did. But figured as long as he was paying it would be ok. Money, greed, stupidity pretty sums this case up.
The latest I've heard is they're hoping to have the girl say they have not had any sexual encounters, which would effectively put the whole thing to rest.
As preposterous as that may sound, you never know what to expect here.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
sounds like a case of lack of common sense yet again
The next time any of you see a young (under 18 years of age) single mother pushing a stroller or carrying a baby, ask her how old the father is. I gaurantee you he's in his twenties or thirties.
Contrary to what a few NGOs and Politicians may be preaching to the media, nothing has changed nor do I expect to see it change at any point in the near future.
I can't count the number of times I've been sitting on a park bench, relaxing at the beach, riding in a gua gua or drinking in a colmado and seen men in their 30s or 40s try to pick a young teenage girl.
As far as I'm concerned, it's a cultural thing and it appears Franco is just another Dominican who embraces this part of their culture.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Um... guys......... LOL

GDFcxt4XIAAk7u-

Ok, so from left to right, what are their handles on dr1 ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
let me get up on my soapbox again been saying this for years the education here is terrible and getting worst

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
let me get up on my soapbox again been saying this for years the education here is terrible and getting worst
The incredible thing is the one who sunk the gold-laden ship was the girl, out of greed. If she had kept her mouth shut, who knows how long it would have lasted.
Killed the goose that lays the golden egg. Bit the hand that fed her.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
The incredible thing is the one who sunk the gold-laden ship was the girl, out of greed. If she had kept her mouth shut, who knows how long it would have lasted.
Killed the goose that lays the golden egg. Bit the hand that fed her.
all about greed and getting the money right now not thinking it out which of course goes back to education

what gets me is Mr Wander is 22 years old at 22 years old I certainly wasn't thinking about the law I'm not saying it's right but 22 to 17 not much difference

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
all about greed and getting the money right now not thinking it out which of course goes back to education

what gets me is Mr Wander is 22 years old at 22 years old I certainly wasn't thinking about the law I'm not saying it's right but 22 to 17 not much difference
She was much younger when they started but it sounds like she's very grown up for her years.

I've got a neighbor who is 16 and if you saw her you'd swear she's in her mid 20's. Drop dead beautiful and a body to match.

She came on to me once and I made it abundantly clear that I wasn't interested at any age.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Franco is sharper than a bag of marbles.

Young and rich, Franco could've been jet-setting and rubbing elbows with the likes of Zendaya, Rosalía, or any other famous adult female. He could've been taking intensive English lessons and world history, while donning bespoke English shoes and Italian suits to class, and in his spare time, left wrist proudly displaying a Yatchmaster, as he sails a reach to a following sea down to Papeete.

But nooooo. No way, José.
Instead, he chose to date an underage female, in violation of Dominican laws. So, regardless of whether she had been with other men, she's a minor. AND he knew it.

The DR1 Usual Suspects: "Well, Lucifer, Franco's smarter than you: He's rich and you're not. So there!"

Reactions: Aguaita29