Warming - Is it Permanent?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
however, the "movement" will just say : see, see, that's more evidence that global warming is happening. No mater the results, its evidence that global warming is upon us. They want everyone to give up their cars, take public transportation and the latest, my favorite, stop using leaf blowers as they are huge polluters

No! It's global cooling now! We're all gonna die!:eek::eek::eek:

• Sad
Reactions: Big and Grampa

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I first started studying about climate change back in 1988 and the predictions then were pretty much the same as now. What I remember most was not the rise in temperatures and sea level but rather the EXTREMES of temperatures - colds are colder - hots are hotter -- and intensity of storms and bizarre weather patterns.

Certainly there was a huge bizarre weather pattern here in the US over the summer in the NW up in Oregon - which is usually a mild rainforest like climate - where the temperature went up to 120.. (sorry - still can not do celsius- idiot Yank here) .. and the forest fires in California? Drought... not an absence of raking the forest floor.

It does seem that sea level rise is inevitable. The residents of some of the South Pacific atolls are planning on moving - and I suspect that will have to be true for some folks in the Caribbean where there are no mountains and little land..

When I was in the DR, a friend was installing solar panels which seemed like an ideal solution. He said that the problem that he was having was that the panels were being manufactured for use in Northern European countries rather than the tropics and degraded very quickly under the tropical sun. There is a big business in Florida now installing them so I can assume that the technology for their manufacture for the tropics has gotten better.

It is said that 1/2 of the methane - which is a greenhouse gas- is emitted from cows. Now, I do not have any idea if that is true - but I adore beef. And dairy! So I am not going to give them up. However, I have discovered that I quite like turkey burgers which are not only higher in calories but also seem to be about 1/10 the price of beef. No way, of course, that a turkey is going to compete with a ribeye. But for burgers and chili, the turkey does just fine.

I also used to be a dedicated recycler - and here in Florida we have our two boxes - one for cardboard and paper the other for plastic and metal - which dutifully picks up once a week. But I only actually put if out about once I month. Not that I don't HAVE stuff to recycle - but I put it into plastic bags and into the trash where it will go into the state of the art plant and get smashed down and then taken to the dump over on "High Ridge Road". Now - "High Ridge Road" has an elevation of 350 feet so. to my way of thinking, we need all the high ground here in Florida that we can produce.

I try not to pay too much attention to it now. I think it must really frighten the little ones. And here, in the US, when they are also having to do "active shooter drills"? OMG - they must be very frightened already....

I know, I know.. I too remember hiding under my desk to prepare for a nuclear attack. But we never had one, did we?

However, I am a bit sad that the inaction on the part of Those In Charge over this issue - which - honestly - has been Very Well Known for 40 years - has made me glad that I have no grandchildren.

As for those of you who are still "Climate Deniers?"

Enjoy the Bubble. It certainly will not affect you. You will not be touched by a flood or wildfire or tornado or the ever more frequent Cat5.

Certainly not.

Move on. Nothing to see here.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I first started studying about climate change back in 1988 and the predictions then were pretty much the same as now. What I remember most was not the rise in temperatures and sea level but rather the EXTREMES of temperatures - colds are colder - hots are hotter -- and intensity of storms and bizarre weather patterns.

Certainly there was a huge bizarre weather pattern here in the US over the summer in the NW up in Oregon - which is usually a mild rainforest like climate - where the temperature went up to 120.. (sorry - still can not do celsius- idiot Yank here) .. and the forest fires in California? Drought... not an absence of raking the forest floor.

It does seem that sea level rise is inevitable. The residents of some of the South Pacific atolls are planning on moving - and I suspect that will have to be true for some folks in the Caribbean where there are no mountains and little land..

When I was in the DR, a friend was installing solar panels which seemed like an ideal solution. He said that the problem that he was having was that the panels were being manufactured for use in Northern European countries rather than the tropics and degraded very quickly under the tropical sun. There is a big business in Florida now installing them so I can assume that the technology for their manufacture for the tropics has gotten better.

It is said that 1/2 of the methane - which is a greenhouse gas- is emitted from cows. Now, I do not have any idea if that is true - but I adore beef. And dairy! So I am not going to give them up. However, I have discovered that I quite like turkey burgers which are not only higher in calories but also seem to be about 1/10 the price of beef. No way, of course, that a turkey is going to compete with a ribeye. But for burgers and chili, the turkey does just fine.

I also used to be a dedicated recycler - and here in Florida we have our two boxes - one for cardboard and paper the other for plastic and metal - which dutifully picks up once a week. But I only actually put if out about once I month. Not that I don't HAVE stuff to recycle - but I put it into plastic bags and into the trash where it will go into the state of the art plant and get smashed down and then taken to the dump over on "High Ridge Road". Now - "High Ridge Road" has an elevation of 350 feet so. to my way of thinking, we need all the high ground here in Florida that we can produce.

I try not to pay too much attention to it now. I think it must really frighten the little ones. And here, in the US, when they are also having to do "active shooter drills"? OMG - they must be very frightened already....

I know, I know.. I too remember hiding under my desk to prepare for a nuclear attack. But we never had one, did we?

However, I am a bit sad that the inaction on the part of Those In Charge over this issue - which - honestly - has been Very Well Known for 40 years - has made me glad that I have no grandchildren.

As for those of you who are still "Climate Deniers?"

Enjoy the Bubble. It certainly will not affect you. You will not be touched by a flood or wildfire or tornado or the ever more frequent Cat5.

Certainly not.

Move on. Nothing to see here.
Climate change is not in doubt, the causes are up for debate because the science isn't settled.

Reactions: Big and NanSanPedro

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Climate change is not in doubt, the causes are up for debate because the science isn't settled.
You hit that one right on the money. Everything from polution (wild fires, cars/trucks/aircraft) to variations in earths orbit.
As to the methane, some one mentioned cows. I think they get a run for it with the gas excaping from the melting tundra.
p.s. that swamp gas? Ain't a UFO.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Hottest July August and now September

Even Pope Francis is expressing concern about passing the warming tipping point as noted in a Papal statement he issued yesterday. He called out world leaders for their inaction. He also gave priests the go ahead to bless same sex marriages but thats another story. A very interesting man Bob, trying his best to shake the cobwebs out of the Vatican. Will his concern spur further action on climate change? I doubt it.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
The thread on hot summer days was closed because it drifted into Global Warming and the Moderator suggested a Global Warming thread of its own.

And no doubt it has been a hot 3 months in DR, on the North Coast anyway. Finally the past few nights it appears it has started to cool.

Since I ran across this article this morning I thought it relavent to share. Maybe part of a new trend.

COLDEST WINTER ON RECORD STARTING IN ANTARCTICA

The climate scam was started by a group of elites called the Club of Rome after the fall of the soviet union. They freely admit it.
From 1991. They wrote The First Global Revolution, you can find it on Amazon and likely for free on an archive site.

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like, would fit the bill." "The real enemy is humanity itself."

Reactions: Luperon and Big