Warning PCR test will be required to enter Canada with in 3 days of arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
  • Citas para pruebas de PCR (at Bournigal)

• Las citas son individuales. En caso de grupos de turistas extranjeros, favor enviar solicitud a internacional.cmbo@gruporescue.com .
    • ** PARA VIAJAR NO SE NECESITA INDICACIÓN MÉDICA para la PCR.**
    • **LA ENTREGA DE RESULTADOS ES DE UN MÍNIMO DE 72 HORAS SEGÚN DISPONIBILIDAD.**
    • No somos responsables de retrasos por causa mayor.
DELIVERY OF RESULTS IS A MINIMUM OF 72 HOURS ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY. **

Last edited:

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Have some protein with your poutine......
Bill. There is money to be made if the DR government has the foresight to do it. Canadian snowbirds are returning to Florida to get their Covid inoculations earlier than they would in Canada.

The DR governments could provide the same inoculation service for snowbirds and tourists and set up visiting mobile Covid testing teams in the resorts for returning international passengers. The extra costs could be buried in the AI fees. That combined with the government and airline free Covid travel Insurance could help the DR tourist industry get over the hump until herd immunity kicks in.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Bill. There is money to be made if the DR government has the foresight to do it. Canadian snowbirds are returning to Florida to get their Covid inoculations earlier than they would in Canada.

The DR governments could provide the same inoculation service for snowbirds and tourists and set up visiting mobile Covid testing teams in the resorts for returning international passengers. The extra costs could be buried in the AI fees. That combined with the government and airline free Covid travel Insurance could help the DR tourist industry get over the hump until herd immunity kicks in.
There is not even a schedule established when DR citizens will be inoculated. Vaccines from Astra Zeneca are supposed to arrive in March. You know, the vaccine with the questionable clinical trials....

By April, snowbird season is winding down.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
They are like the Welsh - love them or loath them.
I find French Canadians to be insufferable.
Some are, just like some Americans are. I sent an email off to the Canadian Embassy yesterday to get clarification about which Laboratories can be used as they have nothing for Santiago, La Vega....etc.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Some are, just like some Americans are. I sent an email off to the Canadian Embassy yesterday to get clarification about which Laboratories can be used as they have nothing for Santiago, La Vega....etc.
Are the same companies not represented in the Cibao area?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Are the same companies not represented in the Cibao area?
Yes, but the embassy specified locations and said only use these Labs. I am not going to Travel for 2 hour to get a test if the labs here in Jarabacoa are authorized. Their testing results can be ready in as little as overnight to as long as 7 days.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Yes certainly

We talked about that before.... the vaccine as a lure for tourists... as in FLA

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
There is not even a schedule established when DR citizens will be inoculated. Vaccines from Astra Zeneca are supposed to arrive in March. You know, the vaccine with the questionable clinical trials....

By April, snowbird season is winding down.
I know it’s pie in the sky thinking Windy, but Canadians going to Florida to get their inoculations early does show the potential for medical tourism. The Canadian government is now saying it will be late September before all Canadians who want the shot are inoculated. That nine months away. Any Caribbean country promising a Florida type inoculation program will be a draw for Canadians.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
More along the lines of the North/ South cultural divide made real by the Mason-Dixon line and still very real today. Don’t be too hard on the French snowbirds and tourists in the DR. Their ancestors gave you one of the greatest US icons, the Statue of Liberty. Chill out, sit back, and enjoy a big plate of Poutine, French fries slathered in gravy, topped with cheese curds. An iconic French Canadian meal. Tastier in the DR because of the local potatoes. You can hear your arteries hardening while you eat it. 😂
I’m scheduling triple bypass as I drool...

Reactions: Ecoman1949

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

They won't find that available to them there.
It is not yet on a pay for vaccine status, and one must be over the age of 65.
I heard that Florida may prohibit non-US citizen from receiving the inoculation unless that have a Florida address (i.e show a driver's license) or by other means of documentation proving they are Florida residents, in which case the cost is free.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I heard that Florida may prohibit non-US citizen from receiving the inoculation unless that have a Florida address (i.e show a driver's license) or by other means of documentation proving they are Florida residents, in which case the cost is free.
They actually promoting anyone over 65 from anywhere free vaccinations...I was surprised.. actually smart you look good free vaccine and stimulate economy..

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
And before you say it Pichardo...no people won’t come down for free Sputnik vaccine..:cool:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I know it’s pie in the sky thinking Windy, but Canadians going to Florida to get their inoculations early does show the potential for medical tourism. The Canadian government is now saying it will be late September before all Canadians who want the shot are inoculated. That nine months away. Any Caribbean country promising a Florida type inoculation program will be a draw for Canadians.

Chico ---- read again..... Ecoman is right...NO ADDRESS PROOF NECESSARY

Reactions: Russell

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just think about it====

we vaccinate ONLY residents..... the visitors walk around and might spread the virus
you either vaccinate or you don't.... the sequence (who first) is the only question

Reactions: Russell

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For those needing an RT-PCR test to get into Canada:

- CMC in Cabarete currently does AG-PCR tests
- CMC in Cabarete ordered the equipment and eventually will be able to do RT-PCR tests.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
For those needing an RT-PCR test to get into Canada:

- CMC in Cabarete currently does AG-PCR tests
- CMC in Cabarete ordered the equipment and eventually will be able to do RT-PCR tests.
We still do not know if the Canadian Government accepts the RT-PCR test. On the Canadian Government web site they specify the Molecular-PCR. Unless you have more info.
One DR1 member is or was returning to Canada lets hope he lets us know!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've heard from two people on FB that got the AG-PCR test at CMC and were allowed to board a westjet flight. Not conclusive evidence I know but encouraging. I'm on the look out for reports of people being denied boarding with the CMC test.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That must be new Windy..... wasn't like that before

Hope you're right
News it was from someone on Facebook checking with CMC about ordering the equipment to perform the RT-PCR tests and expecting it in 10 days or so, Dominican Time. Perhaps it is even true.

I think the RT-PCR tests are what the governments are looking for. Unless of course the airlines are not checking very closely. then anything goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.