Warning PCR test will be required to enter Canada with in 3 days of arrival

lifeisgreat

Devils playground
May 7, 2016
I suppose Canadians can always fly to the northern US and then walk across the border. From what I read, Panama City airport does on site testing which makes a lot of sense to me.
You can’t walk drive across border only fly... or go walk in across 6‘creek in Quebec and get free blanket $4000 a month free accommodation with mint on pillow...just say you where prosecuted by curfew..

Reactions: rogerjac

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
This warning is from CDC which is American (USA) has nothing to do about this thread which is about Travelling back to Canada,

Reactions: melphis

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
This warning is from CDC which is American (USA) has nothing to do about this thread which is about Travelling back to Canada,

Ah sorry! that was meant for those who were suggesting that Canadians should return through the USA to avoid the test

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I suppose Canadians can always fly to the northern US and then walk across the border. From what I read, Panama City airport does on site testing which makes a lot of sense to me.
If you're suggesting avoiding US Immigration....there are serious consequences to that
Very serious........

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Or, if they never came, they would not have to travel back. People are coming in all of the tme, even from Canada.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You can’t walk drive across border only fly... or go walk in across 6‘creek in Quebec and get free blanket $4000 a month free accommodation with mint on pillow...just say you where prosecuted by curfew..
Canadians cannot drive (or walk, or maybe take a boat across Lake Ontario if it isn't frozen) across the border from the US to Canada?

Since when?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cdns can go to Canada - yes..... but not the US except by air
Americans cannot enter Canada either

Since when ? - last fall

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If you're suggesting avoiding US Immigration....there are serious consequences to that
Very serious........
That would be Canada Customs you are avoiding. You would clear US immigration at your entry point into the US not out.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Canadians will be turned away from crossing into the US but I doubt that Canadians would be stopped from crossing into Canada.
Canadians are being turned away from crossing into the US? Since when?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Very serious........
Not suggesting that at all. Pretty hard to fly to the US and avoid their airport immigration but assume however you get there, the Canadian land borders still accept Canadians returning home.

If Canada were covid free, maybe testing citizens returning home makes sense. As it stands now, another case or two in Toronto isn't going to matter much. For that matter, most people flying home after vacation are going to pick up their car at the airport and isolate at home. Sick or not.

Reactions: Russell

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not suggesting that at all. Pretty hard to fly to the US and avoid their airport immigration but assume however you get there, the Canadian land borders still accept Canadians returning home.

If Canada were covid free, maybe testing citizens returning home makes sense. As it stands now, another case or two in Toronto isn't going to matter much. For that matter, most people flying home after vacation are going to pick up their car at the airport and isolate at home. Sick or
I guess the Canadian government sees that differently. Any more news on who is getting away with CMC's incorrect AG-PCR test to enter Canada?

lifeisgreat

Devils playground
May 7, 2016
Canadians are being turned away from crossing into the US? Since when?
it’s been extended 30 days every month since may..

Reactions: campesinadeatl

lifeisgreat

Devils playground
May 7, 2016
I guess the Canadian government sees that differently. Any more news on who is getting away with CMC's incorrect AG-PCR test to enter Canada?
They order new PCR lab equipment should be here in 10days.. west jet is rejecting ag test..air transit allowed few tru but you have customs who will reject anyways when you get here..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
it’s been extended 30 days every month since may..
Interesting. So Canadians living currently on the US side of the Canadian border cannot go back to Canada by any legal means except by air?
If it is closed to visitors, I suspect the border in such areas is not closed to returning Canadian citizens, but I could be wrong, eh?

Reactions: slowmo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They order new PCR lab equipment should be here in 10days.. west jet is rejecting ag test..air transit allowed few tru but you have customs who will reject anyways when you get here..
So when customs in Canada rejects them on AirTransat with AG-PCR tests from CMC, do they just go directly to the Covid Hotel in Canada for 2 weeks for free room and board? What if you had like 7 animals with you, eh?

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
So when customs in Canada rejects them on AirTransat with AG-PCR tests from CMC, do they just go directly to the Covid Hotel in Canada for 2 weeks for free room and board? What if you had like 7 animals with you, eh?
Under the current Border Services Agency rules, your shuffled off to god knows where for a minimum two weeks. Extra baggage like wife and or girlfriend, offspring, go as well. Pets aren’t a priority but would have to be accommodated somehow.

I’m still confused by the Canadian government’s rejection of the PCR testing in the DR. My initial read of the new requirements indicated that the AG-PCR 72 or 96 hour test was acceptable regardless of where the test was taken. The RT-PCR test was unacceptable.

A friend of mine currently staying in Playa Dorada said approximately 30 people were banned from boarding a return fight to Canada from Gregorio Luperon airport because they had the RT-PCR test.

Can anyone who has factual
Information on this forum clear up the confusion?

Reactions: Russell