Warning PCR test will be required to enter Canada with in 3 days of arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Canadians will be turned away from crossing into the US but I doubt that Canadians would be stopped from crossing into Canada.
Canadians are being turned away from crossing into the US? Since when?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
If you're suggesting avoiding US Immigration....there are serious consequences to that
Very serious........
Not suggesting that at all. Pretty hard to fly to the US and avoid their airport immigration but assume however you get there, the Canadian land borders still accept Canadians returning home.

If Canada were covid free, maybe testing citizens returning home makes sense. As it stands now, another case or two in Toronto isn't going to matter much. For that matter, most people flying home after vacation are going to pick up their car at the airport and isolate at home. Sick or not.

Reactions: Russell

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not suggesting that at all. Pretty hard to fly to the US and avoid their airport immigration but assume however you get there, the Canadian land borders still accept Canadians returning home.

If Canada were covid free, maybe testing citizens returning home makes sense. As it stands now, another case or two in Toronto isn't going to matter much. For that matter, most people flying home after vacation are going to pick up their car at the airport and isolate at home. Sick or
I guess the Canadian government sees that differently. Any more news on who is getting away with CMC's incorrect AG-PCR test to enter Canada?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Reactions: campesinadeatl

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I guess the Canadian government sees that differently. Any more news on who is getting away with CMC's incorrect AG-PCR test to enter Canada?
They order new PCR lab equipment should be here in 10days.. west jet is rejecting ag test..air transit allowed few tru but you have customs who will reject anyways when you get here..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
it’s been extended 30 days every month since may..
Interesting. So Canadians living currently on the US side of the Canadian border cannot go back to Canada by any legal means except by air?
If it is closed to visitors, I suspect the border in such areas is not closed to returning Canadian citizens, but I could be wrong, eh?

Reactions: slowmo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They order new PCR lab equipment should be here in 10days.. west jet is rejecting ag test..air transit allowed few tru but you have customs who will reject anyways when you get here..
So when customs in Canada rejects them on AirTransat with AG-PCR tests from CMC, do they just go directly to the Covid Hotel in Canada for 2 weeks for free room and board? What if you had like 7 animals with you, eh?

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
So when customs in Canada rejects them on AirTransat with AG-PCR tests from CMC, do they just go directly to the Covid Hotel in Canada for 2 weeks for free room and board? What if you had like 7 animals with you, eh?
Under the current Border Services Agency rules, your shuffled off to god knows where for a minimum two weeks. Extra baggage like wife and or girlfriend, offspring, go as well. Pets aren’t a priority but would have to be accommodated somehow.

I’m still confused by the Canadian government’s rejection of the PCR testing in the DR. My initial read of the new requirements indicated that the AG-PCR 72 or 96 hour test was acceptable regardless of where the test was taken. The RT-PCR test was unacceptable.

A friend of mine currently staying in Playa Dorada said approximately 30 people were banned from boarding a return fight to Canada from Gregorio Luperon airport because they had the RT-PCR test.

Can anyone who has factual
Information on this forum clear up the confusion?

Reactions: Russell

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Then animal control takes em and sends you bill for both simple Eh!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Harleysrock flew yesterday. He posted on Facebook that WestJet will accept CMC and Bournigal, but appears Air Transat won’t accept CMC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Under the current Border Services Agency rules, your shuffled off to god knows where for a minimum two weeks. Extra baggage like wife and or girlfriend, offspring, go as well. Pets aren’t a priority but would have to be accommodated somehow.

I’m still confused by the Canadian government’s rejection of the PCR testing in the DR. My initial read of the new requirements indicated that the AG-PCR 72 or 96 hour test was acceptable regardless of where the test was taken. The RT-PCR test was unacceptable.

A friend of mine currently staying in Playa Dorada said approximately 30 people were banned from boarding a return fight to Canada from Gregorio Luperon airport because they had the RT-PCR test.

AG (In the AG-PCR test) means Antigen Test. That shows if you already had CV19 because it tests for the Antigens the body builds up.
It is a quicker and cheaper test than an RT-PCR test which determines if you are contagious.

An RT-PCR test is the best widely available test to determine if someone has active and transmittable CV19.
The COVID-19 RT-PCR test is a real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) test. The test is for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 in upper and lower respiratory specimens (such as nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal swabs) collected from individuals suspected of COVID-19.

An RT-PCR test is described below. It takes time to analyze the results. I have seen numbers of between 4 to 8 hours per test.
So in the DR it is highly unlikely to be done quickly and why places are quoting a 72 hour time for results.

People using CMC's current AG-PCR test to get on planes to Canada are "lucky", eh?
I very much doubt Canada wants anything but the RT-PCR test.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You reversed it..other way around..
You’re right, sorry:

“To those Canadians that need to know air transat would have accepted both my bournigal test (which goes through referncia and takes longer) the RT-PCR and the other test at CMC the AG PCR

I asked at the 2 Checkpoints where it was needed to be shown and said it was fine but at the check in the lady said the Bournigal RT-PCR is better lol. Westjet will not take the AG PCR from Cmc that I know for sure. Not telling anyone to rely solely on the CMC test but just thought I would share.”

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Harleysrock flew yesterday. He posted on Facebook that WestJet will accept CMC and Bournigal, but appears Air Transat won’t accept CMC
So there are miracles from time to time.

And others posted the opposite was true on FB. Others had posted AirTransat accepted the incorrect CMC test, but WestJet would not accept the incorrect CMC test,

Odd eh? Ah. I see that was corrected in a post just above mine that AirTransat currently lets the people with the wrong tests fly and WestJet does not.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

They had ag pcr test that’s why turned away... RT-pcr is fine..

As of January 7, 2021, Transport Canada requires that all guests entering Canada from international destinations, 5 years of age and over, to present a negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) test result before boarding. The test will supplement, not replace, the requirements for health questionnaires, temperature checks and face masks.

To comply with this regulation, guests will be required to present a negative PCR or RT-LAMP test at check-in and Canada Customs, taken within 72 hours from their scheduled departure time. Please allow extra time to check in.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They had ag pcr test that’s why turned away... RT-pcr is fine..

As of January 7, 2021, Transport Canada requires that all guests entering Canada from international destinations, 5 years of age and over, to present a negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) test result before boarding. The test will supplement, not replace, the requirements for health questionnaires, temperature checks and face masks.

To comply with this regulation, guests will be required to present a negative PCR or RT-LAMP test at check-in and Canada Customs, taken within 72 hours from their scheduled departure time. Please allow extra time to check in.
Like I said from the beginning. Some people got lucky with an AG-PCR test.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
So there are miracles from time to time.

And others posted the opposite was true on FB. Others had posted AirTransat accepted the incorrect CMC test, but WestJet would not accept the incorrect CMC test,

Odd eh? Ah. I see that was corrected in a post just above mine that AirTransat currently lets the people with the wrong tests fly and WestJet does not.
Im 100% sure air Transat employees here will get re-educated on acceptable papers...

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Like I said from the beginning. Some people got lucky with an AG-PCR test.
For boarding plane yes... entering country under those papers is toilet paper regardless of story ..off you go to hotel until you tested and verified negative at your expense.. simple enough.. no different then airport checking you have passport..

Status
Not open for further replies.