Warning PCR test will be required to enter Canada with in 3 days of arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So anyone hear what test for US qualifies? Never thought I would see US do this..

What happens if I don’t take a test and want to travel to the US?​

Air passengers traveling to the US are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or documentation of recovery for all passengers before boarding. If a passenger chooses not to provide a test result or documentation of recovery, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.

What happens if I test positive?​

People should self-isolate and delay their travel if symptoms develop or a pre-departure test result is positive until they have recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must refuse to board anyone who does not provide a negative test result for COVID-19 or documentation of recovery.

What is a verifiable test result?​

A verifiable test result must be in the form of written documentation (paper or electronic copy) of a laboratory test result. Testing must be performed using a viral test (NAAT or antigen), and negative results must be provided to the airline prior to boarding. The test result documentation must include information that identifies the person, a specimen collection date and the type of test. A negative test result must show test was done within the 3 days before the flight. A positive test result must show the test was done within the 3 months before the flight.

What kind of documentation of my test result do I need to provide?​

CDC requires that air passengers arriving in the US have a paper or electronic copy of their test result for review by the airline before you board and for potential review by public health officials after you arrive in the US.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Dear Canadian citizen,

You are receiving this email because you are registered with the Government of Canada’s Registration of Canadians Abroad (ROCA) service in the Dominican Republic.

Please be advised of the following:

•The exemption to allow travellers to present negative results for tests administered up to 96hrs prior to boarding has been extended for the Dominican Republic. Exemptions extended until 23:59ET on Jan 20th.

•Regardless of citizenship, all travellers five years of age or older must provide proof of a negative laboratory test result for COVID-19 to the airline prior to boarding a flight to Canada.

•Acceptable tests
The test must be performed using one of two types of COVID-19 tests–a molecular polymerase chain reaction either (PCR) or Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP)–and must be conducted within 96 hours of the traveller’s scheduled departure to Canada.

•Proof to board a flight
All travellers coming to Canada must present proof of a negative laboratory test result for COVID-19 at the time of boarding. Failure to do so will mean an automatic denial of boarding by the airline operating the flight to Canada.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CMC isn't doing Canadians any favors by listing their current test as an AG-PCR test. It is confusing at best when someone needs to go to Canada and they discover it means Antigen test.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto

I'd like to know where exactly clowns like this stay ?

Bogus tests, high prices​

"It was a bit stressful when we were down there," Warren told CBC News via FaceTime from his home outside Ottawa, where he is waiting out his 14-day quarantine.

Warren said that when news emerged of the new COVID-19 testing rule, he started to see local people taking advantage of the situation by selling fake tests on the beach for about $3 to $5 US.

"I guess word on the street was that this was very profitable," he said. "So they were telling their friends, and you saw people all over the beach with ... laptops.

"There was no testing done. So basically it was a template, a PDF file that had where you just gave them your name and that was it. They would email it to you."

He said he eventually found legitimate tests at a clinic — but the prices fluctuated.

"So they started off, I don't know the exact number, but it was around $1,000 and we got it down to $79. And he said he was giving us a deal because there was four of us," said Warren.

"We got lucky there. The people that went before us actually ended up spending $1,500 and they didn't know that they were able to negotiate the price."

Warren and his kids received their negative test results just hours before their flight home departed. Others haven't been so fortunate.

They might as well be selling him GOLD chains like thy did in new york in the 80's

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

I'd like to know where exactly clowns like this stay ?

Bogus tests, high prices​

"It was a bit stressful when we were down there," Warren told CBC News via FaceTime from his home outside Ottawa, where he is waiting out his 14-day quarantine.

Warren said that when news emerged of the new COVID-19 testing rule, he started to see local people taking advantage of the situation by selling fake tests on the beach for about $3 to $5 US.

"I guess word on the street was that this was very profitable," he said. "So they were telling their friends, and you saw people all over the beach with ... laptops.

"There was no testing done. So basically it was a template, a PDF file that had where you just gave them your name and that was it. They would email it to you."

He said he eventually found legitimate tests at a clinic — but the prices fluctuated.

"So they started off, I don't know the exact number, but it was around $1,000 and we got it down to $79. And he said he was giving us a deal because there was four of us," said Warren.

"We got lucky there. The people that went before us actually ended up spending $1,500 and they didn't know that they were able to negotiate the price."

Warren and his kids received their negative test results just hours before their flight home departed. Others haven't been so fortunate.

They might as well be selling him GOLD chains like thy did in new york in the 80's

Sounds like some people just graduated from the school of hard knocks.

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018
Might be off topic..sorry

But had trip booked to dominican Republic for 2 weeks Jan 25th to feb 8th thru Air Transit
They just canceled
Say no plane available for return on Feb 8th
And next time to book trip is in May
Strange something going on

Might be off topic..sorry

But had trip booked to dominican Republic for 2 weeks Jan 25th to feb 8th thru Air Transit
They just canceled
Say no plane available for return on Feb 8th
And next time to book trip is in May
Strange something going on
2 more flights left on air transat to Toronto from PP, except for those flights you can't book until May on that route.
West Jet stil has booking allowed but who knows if they will stop as well?

Reactions: thompstr

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018
2 more flights left on air transat to Toronto from PP, except for those flights you can't book until May on that route.
West Jet stil has booking allowed but who knows if they will stop as well?
Last flight they told me is Jan 25 to dr

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
Several months ago WestJet cancelled my Wife's flight to Holgiun, Cuba.....
Without any notice they had cancelled all the flights to Holguin for the rest of the Winter.

Presently WestJet is showing one day (Saturday) a week for flight to POP for January. They are showing flights 6 days a week for February.
There is NO WAY WestJet is going to flight fly that many times in February.... They just want you to book a flight with them.
When they cancel your flight (and they will), you will (if your lucky) be offered a seat on the one day a week they still fly.
Most likely they will just cancel your flight and keep your money, as a credit, for a future flight.

Reactions: Harleysrock

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
At the time of your posting 96 hrs has expired as of today back to 72hrs only
As of January 16,2021

Medical services and facilities​

COVID-19 - Testing facilities​

Consult the following links to find out where you can get a COVID-19 test:

Until January 21, 2021, passengers departing from the Dominican Republic will be able to board their flight to Canada, with a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 96 hours before their scheduled departure to Canada.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
As of January 16,2021

Medical services and facilities​

COVID-19 - Testing facilities​

Consult the following links to find out where you can get a COVID-19 test:

Until January 21, 2021, passengers departing from the Dominican Republic will be able to board their flight to Canada, with a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 96 hours before their scheduled departure to Canada.
Not a real confidence booster 5 extra days extension...

Reactions: bob saunders

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Warning west jet flights disappearing... only one flight in February 6th ..so next three Saturdays then that’s it!!
be very careful or you could end up stuck!!

Reactions: aname4me

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
Warning west jet flights disappearing... only one flight in February 6th ..so next three Saturdays then that’s it!!
Well.... It may not be good news, but at least they are (finally) being truthful.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Well.... It may not be good news, but at least they are (finally) being truthful.
Well all the airlines where playing cancel culture....west jet was most honest of them f that’s possible..every month by 15 th if cancellation where to happen that’s when...other airline kept selling even on cancelled day or didn’t inform clients flights canceled..

Reactions: aname4me

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Well all the airlines where playing cancel culture....west jet was most honest of them f that’s possible..every month by 15 th if cancellation where to happen that’s when...other airline kept selling even on cancelled day or didn’t inform clients flights canceled..
WHAT SCAMJET WAS THE MOST HONEST . LOL . I love sunday morning humor. Scamjet is still holding onto the cash and doesn't plan on starting refunds before the end of the year. Keep this to COVID entry and re-entry only , leave the comedy to professionals

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
WHAT SCAMJET WAS THE MOST HONEST . LOL . I love sunday morning humor. Scamjet is still holding onto the cash and doesn't plan on starting refunds before the end of the year. Keep this to COVID entry and re-entry only , leave the comedy to professionals
Hey Lou all the Canadian airlines!! It’s not a joke it’s sad, Canadian gov said no bail out money for airlines unless they payback people , you just happen to be at the WestJet end ..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have a report that y'day's WestJet just was quite full

Bookings will dictate the number of flights...... bums in seats

Status
Not open for further replies.