Warning to DR1ers: Defamation of the DR is not allowed

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Nowadays the defamation of the DR in the forum isn't much of an issue, but there was a time when it didn't give that impression. In fact, among Dominicans that know of this forum kne of the biggest complaints is the negativity where it appears even the air in the DR is criticized, lol.

Well, the Dominican government appears to be stepping up to the plate. Case in point, this happen to a young American as he posted about it in his stories in Instagram. He is a Youtuber.

DF92C95E-EE1F-4990-862A-7314844C3804.png

256CEEB5-0AE0-4FED-9597-687ED94718ED.png

https://instagram.com/kurtcazyoutube?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The guy was banned from entering the DR upon his landing in the country and put on the next flight back to where he came from.

If the Dominican government is giving this forum a following (a few years ago it was made public that the Dominican government does gives following to social media to see what is being said if the DR and/or Dominicans and by whom), beware for the nay sayers.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Love it or leave it! He's another of those "Raw and unfiltered" video idiots.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Of course if a member of the forum criticizes the DR politically on the forum I can imagine a moderator may remove it to keep dr1 out of trouble. I don’t think anybody knowing the Dom Rep well isn’t aware that the media is influenced strongly by the government. To protect industries including especially the tourism industry I can understand it to some extent.

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Hijo de Manolo. I wonder which one of us first goes into the Sin Bin lol.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
But this guy is not the first youtuber to run afoul of the 🇩🇴 GOV
A guy that goes by TaylorMadeDreams on youtube made a video that said the 🇩🇴GOV had approached him and told him to quit making content about Sosua.

Reactions: KyleMackey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
But this guy is not the first youtuber to run afoul of the 🇩🇴 GOV
A guy that goes by TaylorMadeDreams on youtube made a video that said the 🇩🇴GOV had approached him and told him to quit making content about Sosua.

To be sure, there have been a few.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Nowadays the defamation of the DR in the forum isn't much of an issue, but there was a time when it didn't give that impression. In fact, among Dominicans that know of this forum kne of the biggest complaints is the negativity where it appears even the air in the DR is criticized, lol.

Well, the Dominican government appears to be stepping up to the plate. Case in point, this happen to a young American as he posted about it in his stories in Instagram. He is a Youtuber.

View attachment 6180

View attachment 6181

https://instagram.com/kurtcazyoutube?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The guy was banned from entering the DR upon his landing in the country and put on the next flight back to where he came from.

If the Dominican government is giving this forum a following (a few years ago it was made public that the Dominican government does gives following to social media to see what is being said if the DR and/or Dominicans and by whom), beware for the nay sayers.
Thanks for the information NALS. But, all we seem to have is this guy's word for what happened.

I looked at two Youtube videos he has of the RD. Nothing concerning that I can see. Except, he is excrutiatingly boring as are so many of these people that post this stuff. Yawn. I can't imagine watching much of this. Someone with no life that lives vicariously through other people, I guess.

Viva el gobierno. The less of these types, the better. In my warped opinion :LOL:

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Maybe someone who is familiar with laws regarding defamation can respond. I tend to think there is more to the story.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Cuba Dave was the gold standard for Youtube idiot videos and since he is out of business, the magic is gone and I can't force myself to view any others. This guy does sound interesting though.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Thanks for the information NALS. But, all we seem to have is this guy's word for what happened.

I looked at two Youtube videos he has of the RD. Nothing concerning that I can see. Except, he is excrutiatingly boring as are so many of these people that post this stuff. Yawn. I can't imagine watching much of this. Someone with no life that lives vicariously through other people, I guess.

Viva el gobierno. The less of these types, the better. In my warped opinion :LOL:
Yes, boring, and the story never matches the "dangerous" headline.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

SkyBlues

Apr 8, 2011
I watched one of his videos last year when he walked across the border into Haiti illegally and gave a lot of pesos to a Haitian family he'd befriended. His followers had donated. He had already left before he posted which I thought was a wise move considering he had documented breaking the law. Didn't expect him to return. Now I'm questioning his sanity.