Was Santo Domingo the wrong choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey shawn27, being that you were at the Hamaca for a bit, did you run into my buddies from the animation team: Spaghetti and Chicky Monkey? just wondering as I had a blast hanging out with these guys outside of work...LOL
I like the Hamaca because it is a private beach and very clean compared to the public beaches of Boca Chica. I guess BC isnt for the faint of heart, not for everyone, i dont mind it so much I really just wander into the town when i need to make a phonecall or use the internet if need be. Other than that there isnt much to do in the town...it is a shame it is so run down by prostitution, it gets such a bad rep for that.
Juan Dolio is nicer like you say, but i get bored very quickly there....not my cup of tea really. I have also stayed at the AI there Costa Caribe and it reminds me a lot of the Oasis Hamaca in BC.
Did you happen to check out Playa Caribe on your way to Juan Dolio? It is a very small public beach between BC and Juan Dolio right off the highway, very nice to get away from the tourists. There used to be a really nice restaurant at that beach...not sure if it is still there [i havent been to Playa Caribe in 2 years]....
Did you go to the Guayacanes in Juan Dolio? Great place to spend with friends :)

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
In fact after skimming through the board and from my own personal experience, I haven't really found anyone who has said "Wow I went to Boca Chica and had a blast!"
Then perhaps you should do another DR1 search, with key words "Boca Chica" and poster "Jim Hinsch." Jim was a huge booster of all things Boca Chica. Haven't seen him posting for a long time, though.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
damn, you better stick in your hometown and find an girlfriend before getting into problems like taking an plane to DR and be scare because you was scare by going to the zona colonial, where is too dangerous. LOL first time im hearing this.:paranoid:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
......I haven't really found anyone who has said "Wow I went to Boca Chica and had a blast!"
No, and you probably won't. BC is BC and not for everyone. If the working girls annoy you that much whatever you do never, ever go to Sosua.

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Did you go to the Guayacanes in Juan Dolio? Great place to spend with friends :)[/QUOTE]

Yes I did! That was a really fun time actually! We did that on Saturday. Debatign whether or not I want to go back to DR labor day weekend or NYC. I think all the beach towns are boring during the day, that's why my agenda is similar to yours in that I lay out on the beach, walk around the town, have lunch then go back to Santo Domingo to have fun!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Did you happen to check out Playa Caribe on your way to Juan Dolio? It is a very small public beach between BC and Juan Dolio right off the highway, very nice to get away from the tourists. There used to be a really nice restaurant at that beach...not sure if it is still there [i havent been to Playa Caribe in 2 years]....

Great waves!!!!

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Then perhaps you should do another DR1 search, with key words "Boca Chica" and poster "Jim Hinsch." Jim was a huge booster of all things Boca Chica. Haven't seen him posting for a long time, though.

Well if you like the smell of rotten fish and go for the ugly prostitutes they have then of course you'll have a blast... that's really what BC is known for... there are so many ancient gringo's strolling alongside young dominicanas..

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Did you go to the Guayacanes in Juan Dolio? Great place to spend with friends :)

Yes I did! That was a really fun time actually! We did that on Saturday. Debatign whether or not I want to go back to DR labor day weekend or NYC. I think all the beach towns are boring during the day, that's why my agenda is similar to yours in that I lay out on the beach, walk around the town, have lunch then go back to Santo Domingo to have fun!

There is a REALLY NICE restaurant on the beaches of Guayacanes, i forget the name of right now but it has great food and drinks...nice place to mingle. when i went this time in May, game plan was drive my rental, picked up a few friends, a cooler, ice and about 10 Jumbos of Presidente and went early. like 10am till about 2pm on the beach, got a table, bought some food at the Parador right off the highway on the way to Juan Dolio, and just enjoyed the morning/early afternoon. Back to SD by 3pm to the hotel, shower, nap and ready to party at night! LOL :cheeky:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
boca chica will be consider like the hunter point of new york?

Hunts Point you mean.

And no, I rather go to Boca Chica than Hunts Point. There are only produce markets around there. The working girls at Boca are not the finest but 100 times better looking than the crack heads walking around Hunts Point.

BTW, you dont see as many any more in HP.

shawn27

May 24, 2010
No, and you probably won't. BC is BC and not for everyone. If the working girls annoy you that much whatever you do never, ever go to Sosua.

I'm sure there are more in BC than there are in Sosua. Sosua isn't really known for prostitution. I don't mind seeing prostitutes I just mind when they literally sit down next to me while I'm having lunch with my best friend and grab my crotch. Who wouldn't mind?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I'm sure there are more in BC than there are in Sosua. Sosua isn't really known for prostitution. I don't mind seeing prostitutes I just mind when they literally sit down next to me while I'm having lunch with my best friend and grab my crotch. Who wouldn't mind?

Is that a typo?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Well if you like the smell of rotten fish and go for the ugly prostitutes they have then of course you'll have a blast... that's really what BC is known for... there are so many ancient gringo's strolling alongside young dominicanas..
Not me, I have never liked BC, and I have seen it go through many different stages since I first saw it in 1986. I was just saying that there are people who love it. But it's not my cup of tea.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
......, I haven't really found anyone who has said "Wow I went to Boca Chica and had a blast!"
I was wrong when i said, "No you probably won't". A quick search and I found one of my favorite YouTube Boca Chica videos posted on DR1.

YouTube - Boca Chica mtb Hello everyone Just returned last week......had a blast..........Water was great!!.......Can't wait to go back.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj6pbKO2tzg

http://www.dr1.com/forums/south-coast/103182-boca-chica-pics-music-enjoy.html#post858382

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
No it isn't. I've never been but I don't usually hear Sosua associated with prostitution as I do Boca Chica. I hear there are a lot of Haitian beggars in Sosua but not really prostitution.
You really need to get out and about and see a little bit more of the island.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
The working girls.....YIKES :pirate::tired:

Sosua: The beach is beautiful. The food is great. The working girls, not my cup of tea. I like light skin women. Tooooo..... many hatians.

To each their own I say!

Santiago, now that's another story!

Status
Not open for further replies.