Was Santo Domingo the wrong choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiceoflife

Dec 13, 2009
I understand the stereotype perfectly because it is true many times.I have actually been to Thailand and seen this.But I am in fact not overweight or unattractive and still have some youth.Attracting women has never been a problem for me.I really don't even bother pursuing it.Why?Lack of social skills perhaps.Or little motivation to even go out and socialize.Oh I love to travel-that is what my screen name means.I even speak fluent Spanish.It isn't Dominican women specifically I want.It's someone foreign.That idea has interested me for a long time.You only live once.Multiculture is something unique.Wouldn't it be a boring world if everyone was the same?I can easily also understand why someone would say leave our women alone and look in your own country.American women have lost their femininity and grace.A man only has to venture outside the U.S. and immediately see the difference.Traditional roles forever lost here.As far as "buying" a woman,that is just BS.Every man (pays) for it one way or another.That is why an educated,well traveled guy would do this.Besides,I've done just about everything else.That has been my freedom as a single guy.I could accept she was a bargirl if she could accept that "terrible flaw" of mine-being my own person and not going with the flow.What is so wrong with any of that?P.S. I can be very much a gentleman and fun when I choose to be.I'm not a bore or dud either.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
???

P.S. I can be very much a gentleman and fun when I choose to be.I'm not a bore or dud either.

Why would you feel compelled to defend your position? You can spend your time any way it suits you as long as you're not violating any laws or hurting anyone screw what I or anybody else has to say about it.

Go be you.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I respect your open mind, kinda refreshing really. Be who you are and screw the rest. My experience here is kinda crazy, some have judged me but I didn't feel the need to justify myself. I lost two loves in 5 years to cancer and car crash and sort of gave up on the game. Moved to Sosua in a bid to have a life without love, bathe my wounds and look at me now, been with the same girl from Sosua for 3 years, now live in the capital with a child normal boring life. Bloody strange how things work out.

BGF

Oct 10, 2010
If you want to find a wife then hed to thailand or vietnem ad head inland. Boca chics has loads of womenfor sale and zero oportunities for findinh love, some with Sosua.

A while back Anastacio advised people to go to Thailand or the Philippines to find a wife. The Philippines I have heard some decent things about the women though I have also heard a lot complaints about crime and the infrastructure. Let's just say that finding love is not easy anywhere. I have been going dancing here in the States for the past 2 years. I have gotten dozens of phone numbers from women who are doctors, nurses, management consultants, teachers, etc., but even though we share the same language, education level, and interest, it is still not easy "finding love." To put it unromantically, finding love is a pure barter system in which there is one good -- you -- that must be matched up with another good -- her -- for the transaction to happen. Hence the lack of liquidity, the high transaction costs, and the long order delay. However, unlike durable goods, humans have a certain sexual shelf life, so you can't afford indefinite order delays.

Going to developing world to find a woman is still a barter system but one in which you are a good that now is in high demand. I used to think that guys who go off to the developing world to find a mate are completely insane, but after banging my head in the States for the past 10 years, I think I am beginning to see the world their way. Now I don't care if it is because I am tall, dark, and handsome or because I am viewed simply as a rich guy. The Donald with his head of crazy hair wouldn't be getting laid much if he weren't a multimillionaire who likes to show off on TV all the time. If it works for him, why shouldn't the rest of us tilt the field to our advantage?

OK, back to the question of "finding love," we guys should take it as slowly as we would back in the States or the UK. It's easy to be swayed the palm trees, the beaches, the care-free lifestyle, and the available women. I know I was, but even if I end up moving to the DR for early retirement, I will still be trying out my girl to see if she's worth my time. If not, I'll have to go find a new one. Thankfully, with a friend who lives there, it won't be a hard job.

BGF

Oct 10, 2010
Spice, no need to justify. I feel the same way. I have eyes, and watching my friend's super hot girlfriend all decked out in her evening clothes immediately dive on the dinning table to clean up the bread crumbs that he left behind from breakfast and then turn around and hand me a beer wrapped in a napkin almost brought tears to my eyes. I don't need a maid or mom, but just knowing that if I occasionally ask for a beer, I won't be told a cold, "Get your own damn beer" is good enough for me.

I understand the stereotype perfectly because it is true many times.I have actually been to Thailand and seen this.But I am in fact not overweight or unattractive and still have some youth.Attracting women has never been a problem for me.I really don't even bother pursuing it.Why?Lack of social skills perhaps.Or little motivation to even go out and socialize.Oh I love to travel-that is what my screen name means.I even speak fluent Spanish.It isn't Dominican women specifically I want.It's someone foreign.That idea has interested me for a long time.You only live once.Multiculture is something unique.Wouldn't it be a boring world if everyone was the same?I can easily also understand why someone would say leave our women alone and look in your own country.American women have lost their femininity and grace.A man only has to venture outside the U.S. and immediately see the difference.Traditional roles forever lost here.As far as "buying" a woman,that is just BS.Every man (pays) for it one way or another.That is why an educated,well traveled guy would do this.Besides,I've done just about everything else.That has been my freedom as a single guy.I could accept she was a bargirl if she could accept that "terrible flaw" of mine-being my own person and not going with the flow.What is so wrong with any of that?P.S. I can be very much a gentleman and fun when I choose to be.I'm not a bore or dud either.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Hmmm....
If you managed to stay unmarried for 10 years back in your home country then congratualtions!!

Just do not go and spoil that great effort now, and in the D.R. of all places!!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
BFG, I tried responding to your PM but you seem to have the "receive PM's" blocked.

BGF

Oct 10, 2010
Sorry

Hm...I thought I had it turned off at the bottom of my PM to you, but it looks like the global setting needs to change. The user CP is not easy to navigate! I'll check again. Meanwhile, my thanks to you for posting a very honest budget in the other thread.

BGF

Oct 10, 2010
Hmmm....
If you managed to stay unmarried for 10 years back in your home country then congratualtions!!

Just do not go and spoil that great effort now, and in the D.R. of all places!!!

Well, let's put it this way, in my late 20s and early 30s, I tried but was not successful. Then somehow a switch flipped in the my mid 30s, and I realized that just because everyone else rushed to sign a contract doesn't mean that I need to do the same.

Getting married and buying real estate are the the last things I'm going to do in the DR. Just looking at a cap rate of 4% and the rent amounts that have been bandied about, it is actually the same money buying a place for cash and renting it a month at a time. Renting you can walk away losing only the deposit, so in fact you gain an option which really should have a price attached to it.

Yeah, yeah, I know I sound very smart about not getting attached, but I have bought properties in the past, and it's always been a big PIA because what I want out of a place changed, so lessons learned the hard way.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I didn't read the thread, except for 1/2 of the 1st post. I am amazed to see so many guys come to foreign lands in hopes to meet their 1/2 orange yet they come completely unprepared? They read 'world traveler's" forums and flip pages on "chica-search" pages. Listen to experts who have scored here and there and then follow their foot-steps. in reality, you see almost all of these world-traveling experts only talk about going to brothels, paying the price for spending precious "girlfriend experience" time with some whore, the newbie begins to think, this is the way things are everywhere. It was disappointing to see so many of the blogs written by guys who have spent 10 yrs in medellin or 12 yrs in lima, 15 yrs in thailand etc, yet all they ever talk about is picking up whores or some really desperate poor girl from a dangerous barrio. Thanks god I didn't read them before I started traveling because to me, one does not have to be an expert to sleep with hookers. Now if these guys are paying top dollars, they still don't have the ability to get a seriously attractive girl for the night. Many are still sleeping with 500 peso chopa and paying 150 dollars.
I am kind-of retired now as I have a steady girlfriend but when I was active, I am sure I can teach all of these world-travelers a lesson or 2. Not one has come close to even matching my standards and yet, I never considered myself a world-traveler or even an expert in picking up women.
You guys don't even have to go far, just hit facebook, badoo and tagged.com and you will have the perfect colombian girlfriend with you, before you even step foot in the plane to your destination.

Last edited by a moderator:

BGF

Oct 10, 2010
I didn't read the thread, except for 1/2 of the 1st post. I am amazed to see so many guys come to foreign lands in hopes to meet their 1/2 orange yet they come completely unprepared?

AZB, good for you. This is one instance perhaps that the rest of the thread should be read to get a feel for the responses to the OP's problem. Most of us are not traveling to meet whores in the hope of turning them into girlfriends.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I didn't read the thread, except for 1/2 of the 1st post. I am amazed to see so many guys come to foreign lands in hopes to meet their 1/2 orange yet they come completely unprepared? They read 'world traveler's" forums and flip pages on "chica-search" pages. Listen to experts who have scored here and there and then follow their foot-steps. in reality, you see almost all of these world-traveling experts only talk about going to brothels, paying the price for spending precious "girlfriend experience" time with some whore, the newbie begins to think, this is the way things are everywhere. It was disappointing to see so many of the blogs written by guys who have spent 10 yrs in medellin or 12 yrs in lima, 15 yrs in thailand etc, yet all they ever talk about is picking up whores or some really desperate poor girl from a dangerous barrio. Thanks god I didn't read them before I started traveling because to me, one does not have to be an expert to sleep with hookers. Now if these guys are paying top dollars, they still don't have the ability to get a seriously attractive girl for the night. Many are still sleeping with 500 peso chopa and paying 150 dollars.
I am kind-of retired now as I have a steady girlfriend but when I was active, I am sure I can teach all of these world-travelers a lesson or 2. Not one has come close to even matching my standards and yet, I never considered myself a world-traveler or even an expert in picking up women.
You guys don't even have to go far, just hit facebook, badoo and tagged.com and you will have the perfect colombian girlfriend with you, before you even step foot in the plane to your destination.
here is one example and just an everyday girl in colombia who would put many of the women you know (put-together) to shame. She is attractive (model quality), educated, sweet and has a good job. Just listen to her sweet voice and the elegant spanish accent and you would have your ear wax dripping off your ear lobes.
Bogota (2008), I took the picture.

[]

AZB, most of the points you make are true, FOR YOU..You cant possibly expect some once a year tourist who cant speak spanish to score high quality chicas.They may score a chopa, but for many guys, in their minds they are still overachieving compared to what they score at home.

And that is so true, and comical about the expats who have lived in the DR for 10 years and still waste their time, and money chasing hookers..

And congratulations on your retirement AZB..YEA RIGHT!!!!;)

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I am sure I can teach all of these world-travelers a lesson or 2. Not one has come close to even matching my standards and yet, I never considered myself a world-traveler or even an expert in picking up women.

Seriously, if you like the life that you're living and the people you're meeting we should all be very happy for you. What you like or think is a cut above is not what everybody likes or thinks is a cut above.

Guys who write about Puta shops, restaraunts, hotel accommodations, air travel options, clothing, cologne, cigars, booze or whatever do so from their own perspectives and many won't agree with their evaluations or their lifestyles. It is good that you are comfortable blazing your own trail. Just don't think that everyone else would find your path to their liking.

As for Badoo, Facebook, Tagged, etc., you will find many of the same scrubs that these "guys" you're talking about are running into in other venues. It's a small, small World.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
No pics.

Go to the Off-topic or Dominican Beauty thread.

My girl is better than your girl.

Save us the childish bs!!!!!:ermm::tired::tired:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
bronxboy, thanks for converting an interesting thread into a boring thread.
:(
AZB

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
bronxboy, thanks for converting an interesting thread into a boring thread.
:(
AZB

How can a thread go from asking a question if SD was the wrong choice to posting pictures of Colombian women and then comparing notes?:ermm:

If this tickles your fancy, then create a thread for posting pics and comparing notes. Robert would then be the first to close.

As for this one, CLOSED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.