Water issue

drisforme

May 28, 2016
I live in a community between Sosua and Cabarete and often we have no water especially during the summer season.
It's the case again today .No water coming from coraapplata ...community pump is not working for whatever reason .

Is there anybody proficient in building a well ? Would like to investigate this option.

Thank you

Fulano2

Nomen nescio.
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
We had our well dug very well. Took two days because of rocks etc, around 100.000 pesos
That’s on the NC.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
We had our well dug very well. Took two days because of rocks etc, around 100.000 pesos
That’s on the NC.
The tricky part for my lot won't be rock but more be sure that we are not getting salt water. I live just in front of the beach.

If you have a contact name ,please let me know.

windeguy

Jul 10, 2004
In my development apparently near you there is a requirement that everyone have a cistern with a pump. That is another potential solution to the problem if the water you find is saline. As long as your cistern is above the level of the brackish water.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
In my development apparently near you there is a requirement that everyone have a cistern with a pump. That is another potential solution to the problem if the water you find is saline. As long as your cistern is above the level of the brackish water.
I do have a cistern and pump but empty today...Not sure about the brackish water level.....

drstock

Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
There was a big leak in Cabarete main street the other day and I think they cut off the water for some places due to that. I'm not sure if it's been restored yet. But as I said in another thread yesterday, we do have a water shortage starting, which is not helped by some establishments using sprinklers on the beach sand. Yesterday, Ocean Dream, Millenium and Viva Wyndham were all doing it. And the Viva is currently closed for guests as far as I knw.

Fulano2

Nomen nescio.
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
The tricky part for my lot won't be rock but more be sure that we are not getting salt water. I live just in front of the beach.

If you have a contact name ,please let me know.
I have to ask my FIL as he made the arrangement for all of the houses. I will let you know.

Reactions: drisforme