Way to fix electricity problem

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
If I get my info. correct the power problem is due to the fact that a lot of people in poor areas don't pay their electrical bill.
So, I think the power companies should on this areas try Pre-Pay Power Meters.
Just like phone companies do with Cell phones.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
If I get my info. correct the power problem is due to the fact that a lot of people in poor areas don't pay their electrical bill.
So, I think the power companies should on this areas try Pre-Pay Power Meters.
Just like phone companies do with Cell phones.
1) Your information is NOT correct. According to reports from investigations carried out, the MAJORITY of bad payers are rich people & businesses who have "arranged" with the electricity company's employees NOT to pay their bills. I seem to recall the reports mentioning that under 10% of outstanding debts or pilferage of electricity could be blamed on the poor here!

2) Prepaid meters have just been ordered. An Indian Company seems to have made a large order on a South African meter manufacturer & part of this (or additional to this) is allocated to the DR! Maybe this was in the minds of the politicians when they sanctioned the 10 & 20 (or is it 25??) peso coins???

Don't get your expectations too high that this will resolve the electricity problem - Dominicans are ingenious fellows & they will be sure to find a way of bypassing the meters, get the electricity they need & STILL not pay for it!!:ermm: ~ Grahame.

Last edited:

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Just maybe the problem is that the government negotiated one of the highest prices for electricity in the world. The poor cannot afford it and the rich know it is a rip off. Maybe we need a company that sells reasonable priced electricity to give them competition

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it is 10 and 25, bushbaby.
in my country people have those tokens exactly the same size as money they use for vendor machines. token is on a string (or is it a fishing thingy?).
don't ask me how but you can put the token in, get stuff out of the machine and pull the token out again....

Tallman1680

On Vacation
Oct 7, 2006
Power companies can also have the rich who do not pay their bills go on this pre-pay meters and may instead os a coin slot have them with pre-pay cards like a cell phone.....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
prepay or post pay. The people who rob electric always bypass the meters and connect to the main line by some other means. This new idea will not change a thing.
AZB

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
AZB is 100% correct!
A CROOK by any other name, be it Elite, Peon, Business, Legislator, Senador, or whatever is still a CROOK.
If there is a way to scam, they'll find it and use it.

Texas Bill

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"power To The People"!

Even if we have to "STEAL" it!

I'll pay,When EVERYONE PAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :smoke:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC